• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae's opening game eerily reminded me of Lonzo Ball's last summer.   Lonzo was doing some of the same things offensively, like jacking up long 3s and taking shots under pressure, instead of letting the game come to him.  It took a few games, but then Lonzo had the MONSTER game in which he controlled everything.

Lonzo's shot wasn't falling all year. If that happens for Trae that will be a disaster. Without his three point shot he will be a bust.

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's why I don't like the Curry comparisons. You are comparing what you know of Curry now to Trae in his 1st 'NBA' game. What was Curry like in his SL debut?

exactly. Hell even Dennis couldn't beat my grandmother off the dribble his rookie year. Too quick to judge a players whole career off one summer league game

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Lonzo's shot wasn't falling all year. If that happens for Trae that will be a disaster. Without his three point shot he will be a bust.

sounds like you're hoping for it just to say that you were right about something smh "fans" like this kill me

• Like 3

Good Lord.

Trae will be fine.  The ones expecting him to come out and play like fire in summer league are probably the same ones that think he is going to come in and make an immediate impact on winning for this team.  He's not.  He was never going to.  He's a 19 year old kid who still has to develop his body and train his mind to not take bad shots.  He's also one hell of a passer with great court vision and instincts on where to get the ball.  Let me repeat, HE WILL BE FINE!!

Now, I'm going to open up a bottle of Knob Creek and relax after a day that was pure hell at the clinic.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cwell said:

exactly. Hell even Dennis couldn't beat my grandmother off the dribble his rookie year. Too quick to judge a players whole career off one summer league game

Dennis was doing well in SL as a rookie. He couldn't shoot but no one could guard him. Trae just looked like ass outside of creating for others.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Lonzo can afford not to be a good shooter as a rookie. Trae can't. Trae needs to get his ass in the gym. 

1 hour ago, DBac said:

0 fouls for JJJ btw. Ok I'm done.

I wouldn't use us as a case study. Atlanta had no one who could post up effectively and we got no one who can create off the dribble as a big man. This team is going to be ass

Shot selection, that’s what bothered me. Not that he was missing bc he’s a shooter, they’ll fall eventually but he was pressing and taking bad shots. I know he’ll get that together eventually because as others have stated a hundred times already it was just his first summer league game. Let’s all relax, let the kid regroup and see what he has the next game. Small steady improvements is all I’m looking for right now. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Go get Zion Williamson, no one on this team got real elite athleticism. 

Trae looking like Trey Burke

It's a good thing Travis Schlenk values skill over athleticism, because he's not going to do something as stupid as using a high pick on Zion Williamson next year.  He'll let Vlade continue to draft stupidly and do that.

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's a good thing Travis Schlenk values skill over athleticism, because he's not going to do something as stupid as using a high pick on Zion Williamson next year.  He'll let Vlade continue to draft stupidly and do that.

I rather him do that then take skill that can finish around the rim to save its life.

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I rather him do that then take skill that can finish around the rim to save its life.

Of course you would rather him take a guy who can dunk but has no skill or defensive ability.  You liked Marvin Bagley in this draft.