• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So the Basketball Messiah only managed 3-16 shooting for 10 points and six turnovers. Every other Hawks site let alone NBA site has been calling him out for being hot garbage. We have threads on this forum about not playing him at all now to protect his confidence going forwards. Smh. 

I'm just gonna keep watching all of these games with this kid like this:

giphy.gif

How much does a rebuild get set back when you whiff hard on your first top three draft pick?

Early returns are not promising. I am not really high on Coach Pierce's coaching either. Still think we should just kept Luka. Trae has too much downside, his lack of size, strength and vertical explosion are really going to be hard to overcome. He does not have CP3 or Steph strength and athleticism. Steve Nash is the only player with his physical profile I can think of that became a star. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DS17Fanboy said:

this site is also the only dennis hating site. yes, there is haters elsewhere too, but there they are instantly shut down by other posters than me.

maybe you people are cool...cool about having no idea and sticking with it.

LOL . . true. 

I'm one of the few Dennis supporters left here.  I personally don't want him going anywhere until we see exactly what we have in Trae.   If we trade Dennis for peanuts, and Trae's game never transitions to the NBA ( or it takes 2 - 4 years for him to start to reach his potential ), we're going to be forced to overpay a point guard in free agency, just to be competitive for an 8th seed.

9 hours ago, bleachkit said:

You can tell he can play. He will probably have a long career as a solid role player.

Grayson is straight.  That's why I wanted him with one of those late picks.  Of course, other franchises who can properly evaluate talent, took him far sooner than the "experts" thought.   He'll fit right in with the Jazz, and their fan base will immediately embrace him . . antics and all.

Really seems like Pierce is only coaching the SL games to get to know the players personally because we haven't seem a semblance of structure other than grab the ball and run and then shoot poorly. Bungling good passes is the other obvious thing to me. Maybe its a group hug philosophy or something Pierce is applying right now.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I agree with all this.  #6 is yet to be determined though.  He appeared to respond to pressure as the games went on but he was a Giannis in the headlights against that MEM SL backcourt.

Kaba is just a guy.  Like 6 years away from being anything helpful JMHO.  Lawndale or Lindale (#34) was useless which underscores the biggest problem here .. that SL roster was TERRIBLE!!!  I mean, other than the draft picks, who on that roster might sniff a 10-day?  Who?  Tell me.  I'll wait.  I know the Jaylen guy got a look last year but dangit we were tanking.  Are any of them dudes actual prospects?  Huh?  I'm still waiting!  How's anybody supposed to do anything productive surrounded by dreck like #34?  How?

how?

And, before @Sothron chimes in and tells me I'm a Young apologist, I am in no way eggscusing Rayford's poor play on the poor-arse roster.  Sapphron been watchin' the games like this ...

hate

I get it, mayne.

And count me in on the mob lookin for Grayson to get a swift face-kick.  Oh and put Dennis Lindsey on the list to get a nut-kick too.  His fat-arse came on the broadcast saying he didn't know why Rayford got upset at the arm-bar, shoulder-lock, non-basketball foul Allen put on Young.  F U Lindsey.

Just hoping everyone feels better when Trae is making sweet passes to Taurean Prince for some 3’s and Collins for jams on oops ? upside ur heads all around the league. Trae is 19 years old! He’s played 3 summer league games. Unless you absolutely hated the guy for some reason to begin with, you shouldn’t even doubt any of his abilities now just because of 3 games and playing those with #34..lol.

I thought Lindsey said he COULD see why Trae may have gotten upset when Grayson was doing the jake the snake DDT on him. ? Grayson needs a warm welcome to the league. I hope he messes with the craziest guy in the first week. It’ll be like in prison, he needs to step up to the first big guy otherswise he’s gonna be somebody’s B for a NY minute.

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know it's Summer League and it doesn't count but this is concerning - between Trae's play, Pierce's none coaching and Schlenk's roster construction - all I'm seeing is this on the floor

tenor.gif

Grizz, Jazz, Spurs all look like they are running some semblance of a system - we aren't.  The one consistent play I've seen is the double screen action at the top of the key.  Everything else is meh.

THIS! ? 

• Like 2

Just now, Thomas said:

Allen has a Dellavedova kinda game to him on screen.

? he does...I was telling my gf that I didn’t like his face for some reason. ? He just has that Klay Thompson look like somebody please smack him in the face. I dunno maybe he’s a cool guy off the court. Haha.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sothron said:

No, all you Trae nut huggers are really comical at this point. Scrub is flat out scrubbing it up in three games so far but the Trae cheering section won't even criticize him. I mean did I miss the part where he got anointed as Jesus Christ? Is he above any criticism because people gotta believe in something with this sorry franchise?

What’s better being a nut ? hugger or a tree ? hugger? -Deep thoughts jack handy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Imagine Allen will  cause more than a few opponent injuries in his career and many, many more technicals.

Jazz @ Warriors to start the season would be fun... ? continue the 4th of July fireworks ? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Jazz @ Warriors to start the season would be fun... ? continue the 4th of July fireworks ? 

Believe it was you that envisioned a tangle up between Draymond and Allen. Some of that  MMA stuff is over in four or five seconds you know. Imagining the same would happen between those two.

• Like 1

Hey @Thomas you got any of your old sneakers (kicks..kids say) around anymore. I found a converse (black) Larry Bird shoes I had in the garage from the 80’s...seriously the biggest and thickest shoe ever..how the f did I wear these and how did pros wear these. Found the Jordan 4’s I had as well in black in blue n white. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe it was you that envisioned a tangle up between Draymond and Allen. Some of that  MMA stuff is over in four or five seconds you know. Imagining the same would happen between those two.

? knowing today’s nba game it wouldn’t. They’d drag it out a bit followed by 57 reviews of the incident to access tech fouls. Smh good job Adam Silver! Way to destroy the league.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Hey @Thomas you got any of your old sneakers (kicks..kids say) around anymore. I found a converse (black) Larry Bird shoes I had in the garage from the 80’s...seriously the biggest and thickest shoe ever..how the f did I wear these and how did pros wear these. Found the Jordan 4’s I had as well in black in blue n white. 

No I don't but will say the heaviest I remember were the all leather two stripe Pro-Keds. Slowed court sprints down to quick hobbling at best for me.  

50 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So the Basketball Messiah only managed 3-16 shooting for 10 points and six turnovers. Every other Hawks site let alone NBA site has been calling him out for being hot garbage. We have threads on this forum about not playing him at all now to protect his confidence going forwards. Smh. 

giphy.gif

How much does a rebuild get set back when you whiff hard on your first top three draft pick?

Man your comments are so over the top.

In three summer league games you have decided he is a bust. Oh wait you said you saw his college games were your clairvoyance led you prophesies his failure in the NBA. 

Please look at his college games where you said he struggled and note the number of defenders on him sometimes two sometimes three or even four. He was often picked up full court like the WV game or Alabama Game. That is called gravity and that is a good thing. Even then , he made the right play and found open teammates. He left his mark all over the game. Like a true playmaker. 

Now , I presume you think he is a bust because of his atrocious field goal percentage in SL. Please watch or rewatch the games objectively, you will see alot of missed shots are open threes or point blank floaters in the lane. Do you think someone with his range and shooting percentages in AAU and college all of a sudden forgot how to shoot or you think he is just in a slump from the tremendous pressure heaved upon him.

Also note in the SL games his playmaking has been impressive. He is beating people off the dribble.  Collapsing defenses and dishing to the open man . Often with eye opening passes. Unfortunately this crappy summer league team is worse then his Oklahoma team .

Finally his defense which was a concern of all the haters , has been OK. He is not getting exposed and he is not being lit up. Look at today’s box score he is PLUS 12! Despite a 18.8% FG percentage. 

So the concern about his athleticism, his defense and his playmaking , or his shot selection do not seem to be founded at this level. The only concern is shooting percentage which was never a concern at all and should not be.

One last thing.

CP needs to put the ball in his hands. No reason to have Tyler Dorsey or that 5’5” guy playing PG and bringing up the ball up the court with Trae off the ball. 

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

giphy.gif

3 of his turnovers were Lendale having butterfingers. I think you being overly harsh on him

• Like 2