• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hypothetical situation that could become a reality

KB21

17 minutes ago, Jungle Jack said:

Certainly seems plausible that Porter could be in play.  If we were willing to trade Doncic, who according to hype will be beyond the greatest Euro ever and well might be the true heir to LBJ/MJ, why wouldn't Denver trade him?

I did find the hype on Doncic a bit overwhelming. Dirk will be 5th in scoring all time once this season is over. They may as well have been calling him the next Oscar Robertson ( 9th in scoring, 6th in assist ). If Doncic can be as good as Porzingis in his first year; that will be a huge success for him.

2 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I did find the hype on Doncic a bit overwhelming. Dirk will be 5th in scoring all time once this season is over. They may as well have been calling him the next Oscar Robertson ( 9th in scoring, 6th in assist ). If Doncic can be as good as Porzingis in his first year; that will be a huge success for him.

The only way Doncic eclipses what Dirk does (career-wise) would be for the NBA to institute real testing for weed thus relegating the league to the aging, unathletic dudes he's been used to playing against.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

The only way Doncic eclipses what Dirk does (career-wise) would be for the NBA to institute real testing for weed thus relegating the league to the aging, unathletic dudes he's been used to playing against.

Haven't seen many people saying Doncic > Dirk.  What I have seen and what is accurate is that at the same age Doncic was a much better player.  Dirk is an MVP, Finals MVP, Champ, numerous All-NBA, etc.  That is a high bar and too high to project on Doncic.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, frosgrim said:

Jockic is a RFA. So, the Hawks can really turn the screws on Denver by signaling they will offer a max or near max salary for him. This could force Denver into giving us what we want from a trade. Whether that is Porter or Lyles or something else, it seems the Hawks are in the driver seat here. My suspicion is that in the draft Denver was balking at some of Atlanta's trade demands, and that is what the trade wasn't made.

Denver is already offering him a max deal.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

IIUC, the activities DEN/Jokic are proposing will make him an UFA with a handshake deal that they're doing so in order for him to sign with them.  Thus avoiding restricted free ageny or stte.

Porter yes, Lyles nah.

Smelling like Deandre Jordan to DAL is likely.  Also seems DAL is a potential target for Randle.

Would they still want Faried?

No, Denver declined his option making him a RFA and will offfer him a new deal. If they picked up his option they would be paying him the $1.2 mil for this upcoming season, then he would be an UFA next offseason.

I'd rather a 2020 top 10 protected pick for Faried.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

For sure.  Especially as Luka is not crazy tall like Porzingis.  That said, he well might be significantly more durable as seldom few 7 footers don't deal with foot issues and many others.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, LamarHampton said:

I still agree with @warcore that something like a future draft pick for Faried is more likely. Schlenk seems all about future assets, and I doubt Denver is willing to just dump MPJ now only to get rid of Faried's deal. Stranger things have happened but it just doesn't seem as likely as getting a future pick.

We have started drinking from the draft pick fountain?  First off, we are not going to build primarily with draft picks.  Secondly, after proper rehab and about a year on the court, Porter will bounce back.   I would take a chance on Porter.  The guy is talented. 

21 minutes ago, Diesel said:

First off, we are not going to build primarily with draft picks.

I agree with this. The high draft picks were to start the process, which will continue in the ‘19 draft. The further accumulation of them will be to stockpile as trade capital.

8 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I see you cooled off on your boy. Doncic will likely be productive. He has every opportunity to be with no one in front of him. Nothing earth shattering, but 10-12p/4-6r/5-7a.

45 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

I see you cooled off on your boy. Doncic will likely be productive. He has every opportunity to be with no one in front of him. Nothing earth shattering, but 10-12p/4-6r/5-7a.

Put more thought into it. I think he avgs somewhere between 8-12 points. Likely 10-12, but inefficient. He’s going to turn the ball over trying to do more than he should too. 10 pt @ 42% FG 4 rebounds 5 assists 2 TOs

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

I called Doncic's best case as 17, 6, and 6 for his career. That is still doable IMO but I liked Trae also; especially with the pick thrown in. I am not going to pretend to be a NBA scout or think I am smarter than them.

I hope our management group knows what they are doing and I roll with it.

38 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I called Doncic's best case as 17, 6, and 6 for his career. That is still doable IMO but I liked Trae also; especially with the pick thrown in. I am not going to pretend to be a NBA scout or think I am smarter than them.

I hope our management group knows what they are doing and I roll with it.

Doncic is projected to have 5.3 WARP by his 5th year.  Comparatively, Trae Young is projected to have 3.8 WARP by his 5th year.  

• Moderators
On 6/28/2018 at 7:51 PM, EazyRoc said:

Put more thought into it. I think he avgs somewhere between 8-12 points. Likely 10-12, but inefficient. He’s going to turn the ball over trying to do more than he should too. 10 pt @ 42% FG 4 rebounds 5 assists 2 TOs

20 guys put up 10 points per game, 4 rebounds per game and 5 assists per game last season:

James Harden
LeBron James
Damian Lillard
Nikola Jokic
Kevin Durant
Kyle Lowry
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Ben Simmons
Stephen Curry
Jrue Holiday
Draymond Green