• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dallas and Cleveland 1st round picks

hawkster911

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

There's no evidence WAS can/will turn anything around.  The inevitable Dwhine Howard implosion hasn't even happened yet and they already suuuccck.

They might trend up a tiny bit, they’ve had the toughest SOS in the league so far. But yeah, they’re not making the playoffs.

27 minutes ago, hazer said:

Young, Huerter, Prince, Collins, plus 2 more lotto picks is an outstanding young core. Add a star trade/FA and a bench of Bembry, Len, Spellman, and Anderson and you’re back in the playoffs.

Pencil in Barrett or Reddish at bench SG with Bembry/Anderson/Spellman/Len and that’s a savvy 2nd unit.

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

There's no evidence WAS can/will turn anything around.  The inevitable Dwhine Howard implosion hasn't even happened yet and they already suuuccck.

.... I mean I can't even overestimate how much bonkey-dalls WAS sucks right now.

I've yet to catch them on league pass....I just know they've had a tough schedule. There's some talent on that roster, though, and its the East. I'm really not writing off anyone other than Cleveland yet. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Barrett def won’t be coming off the bench if we get him

All depends on The Huert’s trajectory and if he ascends toward Klay-esqueness. I’d love to see it, don’t know if he has it in him, he could end up a great 6th man sniper. Let’em fight it out. Have to admit, a Young/Barrett/Prince/Collins 4some would be something else.

12 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

wink wink

What are you talking about? That’s never happened before! HOW DARE YOU!!!! Ok maybe a few times..

That’s only happened a few times in history ...let’s see here, there was

85 Ewing to Knicks (big market wink)

92 Shaq to Magic (Disney/Pat Will/ wink)

93 Webber to Magic (who wins twice? wink)

2001 Kwame to Wiz (Kwame to Mike?)

2003 Lebron to Cleveland (LBJ stays home)

2005 Bogut to the Bucks (senator Kohl and Stern shake hands under the table)

2008 Rose to Bulls ( Rose stays in Chicago despite Bulls having 9th best odds)

2012 Anthony Davis to Peliwhores (Stern sent the best player to the team that he owned...nothin shady about that.. OR ITS STRAIGHT IN YO FACE LUCK! 

2013 Anthony Bennett to Cavs (Stern and Gilbert in bed)

2014 Wiggins to Cavs (Lets continue to help the Cavs even though they had the 9th best odds! D Rose part 2).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hazer said:

We can forget about the Cav’s pick this year, there’s always hope for next though. I still feel like the Hawks and Mav’s picks will land somewhere in the 6-10 range. 2 top 10 picks, with Schlenk’s keen player evaluation eye, will be a gold mine. Young, Huerter, Prince, Collins, plus 2 more lotto picks is an outstanding young core. Add a star trade/FA and a bench of Bembry, Len, Spellman, and Anderson and you’re back in the playoffs.

Yes sir! We projected to be back in the playoffs 2020 at the latest.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

.... I mean I can't even overestimate how much bonkey-dalls WAS sucks right now.

I haven’t seen them play this year either and I’m scared to watch that mess frankly ? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

All depends on The Huert’s trajectory and if he ascends toward Klay-esqueness. I’d love to see it, don’t know if he has it in him, he could end up a great 6th man sniper. Let’em fight it out. Have to admit, a Young/Barrett/Prince/Collins 4some would be something else.

What if we give up prince...and get Barrett..young/Barrett/Huerter/Collins 

42 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

What if we give up prince...and get Barrett..young/Barrett/Huerter/Collins 

I’ll allow it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! We projected to be back in the playoffs 2020 at the latest.

I haven’t seen them play this year either and I’m scared to watch that mess frankly ? 

So I took the time to watch the first half of the OKC WAS game this morning....and jfc they are not good. Dwight was the bright spot and I think that was his first game back. They looked like us when we play iso ball. 

They have some talent but weren't cohesive at all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hazer said:

Pencil in Barrett or Reddish at bench SG with Bembry/Anderson/Spellman/Len and that’s a savvy 2nd unit.

Mavs pick is top 5 protected and it looks we might be a little better than originally thought. Those top prospects might be out of our reach. No one has discussed anyone besides Barrett, Reddish, and Zion. It might be time to investigate some less heralded prospects.

• Like 2

Just now, bleachkit said:

Mavs pick is top 5 protected and it looks we might be a little better than originally thought. Those top prospects might be out of our reach. No one has discussed anyone besides Barrett, Reddish, and Zion. It might be time to investigate some less heralded prospects.

It’s still early..and a lot of teams in the east are hobbled right now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Point being that if both Hawks’ and Mav’s picks are in the 6-10 range, they’re ours and can be bundled for a top 5. But you’re right, Barrett is likely #1 pick and off the board regardless. Then there’s Reddish, no slouch.

51 minutes ago, mcleitsy said:

So I took the time to watch the first half of the OKC WAS game this morning....and jfc they are not good. Dwight was the bright spot and I think that was his first game back. They looked like us when we play iso ball. 

They have some talent but weren't cohesive at all. 

?? 

14 minutes ago, hazer said:

Point being that if both Hawks’ and Mav’s picks are in the 6-10 range, they’re ours and can be bundled for a top 5. But you’re right, Barrett is likely #1 pick and off the board regardless. Then there’s Reddish, no slouch.

In theory. We have to get the Mavs pick, then someone has to agree to a trade with us. I absolutely hate those pick protections. Imagine how exciting it would be if the Cavs and Mavs picks were unprotected.

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

In theory. We have to get the Mavs pick, then someone has to agree to a trade with us. I absolutely hate those pick protections. Imagine how exciting it would be if the Cavs and Mavs picks were unprotected.

Protections are the only way you could ever trade someone like Korver for a first round pick. The fact that it was only top 10 protected was pretty nice. It was a solid gamble.

I hate that the Mavs pick is top 5 protected given the circumstances, but there's still a decent chance that won't matter. Even if they finish with the 5th worst record (which they currently have) the odds are in our favor.

55 minutes ago, High5 said:

Protections are the only way you could ever trade someone like Korver for a first round pick. The fact that it was only top 10 protected was pretty nice. It was a solid gamble.

I hate that the Mavs pick is top 5 protected given the circumstances, but there's still a decent chance that won't matter. Even if they finish with the 5th worst record (which they currently have) the odds are in our favor.

Tell that to Boston. They got a windfall of unprotected 1st round picks from the Nets for past their prime players.

7 hours ago, Johnnybravo4 said:

I know we're probably too early in the "process" to go after Jimmy Butler but we should at least be in the discussion. One of the 3 picks and Baze. That's better than some of the trades I've been hearing about 

No. Unless we turnaround and flip him.