• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dallas and Cleveland 1st round picks

hawkster911

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Dallas is current 4th worst in SRS with the 2nd easiest schedule to date (Hawks have had the easiest).  It's going to be close, but Dallas also has two true veterans that are injured that may help them eek out 3-4 more wins on the year when they get healthy.  It's going to be tight, and this one could end up going either way.  

Thank you. That's why I said it's about 50 % chance. It's not scientifically determined but I think it's a fair ballpark figure. 

• Premium Member

I wanted top 3 protection on that big so bad.

Anyway, keep in mind....

Dallas' 1st round pick to Atlanta protected for selections 1-5 in 2019, 1-5 in 2020, 1-3 in 2021 and 1-3 in 2022 and unprotected in 2023.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Thank you. That's why I said it's about 50 % chance

Lmao ? wtf are you talking about man???? If you broke down the math and did it accurately based on percentages to win each game for the rest of the season it’s not 50/50. It’s more like 70% the pick will convey..if not higher.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I wanted top 3 protection on that big so bad.

Anyway, keep in mind....

No...don’t buy into this bs..the Mavs pick will convey this year. If @bleachkit wants to double down on the Mavs pick and add it to the Cavs bet I’d gladly do that in a heartbeat because the guy’s math is off lol. 

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

No...don’t buy into this bs..the Mavs pick will convey this year. If @bleachkit wants to double down on the Mavs pick and add it to the Cavs bet I’d gladly do that in a heartbeat because the guy’s math is off lol. 

Lol, I'm hoping it does.  I don't see them outright tanking when Dirk returns, it is probably his last season. They should be better though, they need to just hand the reigns to Doncic and trade Wes Matthews.

Dude, don't take anymore bets, @bleachkit is already beating you like a drum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Lol, I'm hoping it does.  I don't see them outright tanking when Dirk returns, it is probably his last season. They should be better though, they need to just hand the reigns to Doncic and trade Wes Matthews.

Dude, don't take anymore bets, @bleachkit is already beating you like a drum.

But it’s my chance to even things I know I’ll win this one ☝?!- anonymous gambler anytown USA or the world ? ? 

27 minutes ago, AHF said:

Hope Spud is right and plenty of time for them to improve but current trajectory doesn’t look good.

It’s gonna be ok @AHF I ran the numbers through the dieselputter (spudulous machine was broken) and Mavs come out with 36 wins to end the year. That’s good for a 7-12 pick for us (8-10 most likely). I’m just trying to reel @bleachkit into a double or nothing to even out my Cavs bet cuz that thing is in big time jeopardy. ? 

ps Does anyone know if the Dieselputter is accurate? It says “make in indonesia” on it...”property of the colonel Diesel, that’s what the ladies call me”.  ? ooohhhkay, I must have stumbled on some private things. My bad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s gonna be ok @AHF I ran the numbers through the dieselputter (spudulous machine was broken) and Mavs come out with 36 wins to end the year. That’s good for a 7-12 pick for us (8-10 most likely). I’m just trying to reel @bleachkit into a double or nothing to even out my Cavs bet cuz that thing is in big time jeopardy. ? 

ps Does anyone know if the Dieselputter is accurate? It says “make in indonesia” on it...”property of the colonel Diesel, that’s what the ladies call me”.  ? ooohhhkay, I must have stumbled on some private things. My bad. 

Not playing the majority of their games against the west they don't.

I don't think the Mavs will end up worse than 6th. And I agree that Cleveland blowing unexpectedly may end up being very helpful in this regard. BUT, it cuts both ways and it's possible we end up picking one pick lower with our own pick because Cleveland is so horrible and ends up ahead of us.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They're tanking to keep their pick, it sucks but there is nothing we can do about it. 

If so, it wouldn't surprise me.  Their owner got fined 600K for tanking comments last season.  I know it's all history at this point, but I really wished the protection on that pick was top 3 instead of top 5.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

If so, it wouldn't surprise me.  Their owner got fined 600K for tanking comments last season.  I know it's all history at this point, but I really wished the protection on that pick was top 3 instead of top 5.

I know, Travis should have held firm at 3. No way they back out, they really wanted Doncic.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KB21 said:

Dallas is current 4th worst in SRS with the 2nd easiest schedule to date (Hawks have had the easiest).  It's going to be close, but Dallas also has two true veterans that are injured that may help them eek out 3-4 more wins on the year when they get healthy.  It's going to be tight, and this one could end up going either way.  

Hawks had the easiest schedule?

That's kind of scary, considering how bad they've looked at times.

10 hours ago, AHF said:

I am with bleachkit and KB on this right now.  Dallas pick is very much at risk.  

Hope Spud is right and plenty of time for them to improve but current trajectory doesn’t look good.

Lets hope the market value for Trae goes so well that the NBA Commish want to give him more help and throw of one of those David Stern (New York) lottery picks. wink wink lol

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Lets hope the market value for Trae goes so well that the NBA Commish want to give him more help and throw of one of those David Stern (New York) lottery picks. wink wink lol

Well Cleveland is obviously getting the number 1 pick its been more than 2 seasons since they've had one.

Who are the 5 worst teams? PHX, Cleveland, Chicago, Hawks....and Washington? I think Washington turns it around, and I'm not convinced Atlanta is all that bad. Orlando and a couple others may be worse, but they aren't in the West. It could become a risk. I'd give it another month before I even worry about it though. It's a long season. 

• Like 2

We can forget about the Cav’s pick this year, there’s always hope for next though. I still feel like the Hawks and Mav’s picks will land somewhere in the 6-10 range. 2 top 10 picks, with Schlenk’s keen player evaluation eye, will be a gold mine. Young, Huerter, Prince, Collins, plus 2 more lotto picks is an outstanding young core. Add a star trade/FA and a bench of Bembry, Len, Spellman, and Anderson and you’re back in the playoffs.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, mcleitsy said:

Well Cleveland is obviously getting the number 1 pick its been more than 2 seasons since they've had one.

Who are the 5 worst teams? PHX, Cleveland, Chicago, Hawks....and Washington? I think Washington turns it around, and I'm not convinced Atlanta is all that bad. Orlando and a couple others may be worse, but they aren't in the West. It could become a risk. I'd give it another month before I even worry about it though. It's a long season. 

There's no evidence WAS can/will turn anything around.  The inevitable Dwhine Howard implosion hasn't even happened yet and they already suuuccck.

.... I mean I can't even overestimate how much bonkey-dalls WAS sucks right now.

• Like 1