• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dallas and Cleveland 1st round picks

hawkster911

Just now, sillent said:

He couldn't get one in Cleveland? With LeBron James? I'm starting to think it wasn't meant for him. If he added 3 or 4 big games during any of the last finals he played he could have easily got one. He didn't do it. To win a championship you have to be able to play with great players and under pressure and he was a potential lethal weapon that simply jammed under some of the biggest pressure. 

3 minutes ago, pimp said:

It might be best to trade that pick to someone else before it loses value.

Not a horrible idea.  I always figured this would be currency in a deal for a star(ish) guy to bolster our picks in '18 and '19.

12 hours ago, thecampster said:

Okay so lets think about the East logically.  Color Key - red is gets worse, grey is stays the same, green is gets better, purple is questions abound.

Charlotte - takes a step back

Brooklyn - stays the same 

Chicago - minor step back

Hawks - depends on future moves

Detroit - step forward

Indiana - depends on future moves

Miami - minor step back

Milwaukee - depends on Jabari Parker

Knicks - who the hell knows

Orlando - might get better but not better than the Cavs

Philly - small step forward (depends on Reddick/player health).

Toronto - needs to drop salary...will step back

Washington - who the hell knows - they have cap/LT issues.

So what does this color mess mean?

Charlotte, Chicago, Orlando, Atlanta all remain worse than Cleveland.  NY and Brooklyn may or may not be better than Cleveland. For now lets say worse.

That makes Cleveland (worse case scenario) the 7th worst team in the East. Last year 5 teams finished with 35 or less wins (one is LA).  That makes Cleveland...by conservative estimates, the 11th worst team in the league. Assuming they don't sell assets, assuming no team is hit by the injury bug and gets pushed down the list and assuming no other team decides to tank because now the West is heavy and whats the point of competing for the next 3 years....Cleveland at this point seems like a lock to not be 10th worst and to convey the pick.

Do you want to make a wager on that? No way Cleveland finishes outside the bottom 10. 

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

Cleveland may also not be able to resign Rodney Hood without going into the luxury tax area.  Now, maybe they do it and trade off other contracts at a later date, but if I were Travis Schlenk (which I'm not, as I'm a lot smarter), I'd make an offer to Rodney Hood.

Rodney Hood sux..Good thing your're not Travis. lol

• Moderators

Somebody in the East is going to back into that 8th spot.  If Cleveland tries to win this year (which sounds like something their owner would do) then they will be in the running for one of the bottom spots in the East.  If they decide to tear down, they could be horrific.  

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Sonfa heifer!!!!

Smells like CLE may be trading emoLove ..

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/250531/Cavaliers-Open-To-Trading-Kevin-Love

If that happens, we can kiss that CLE 1st goodbye.

Dude, we aren't getting that pick no matter what. Teams 11-14 are basically borderline playoff teams. Top 10 protected and lottery protected are virtually same odds. Cleveland is not stupid.

3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Do you want to make a wager on that? No way Cleveland finishes outside the bottom 10. 

I’ll make a wager with you. Whoever wins get to sucker punch ? @AHF in the nads really hard...

okkkkkkk fine an avatar switch...but I’m telling you that chit is boring.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’ll make a wager with you. Whoever wins get to sucker punch ? @AHF in the nads really hard...

okkkkkkk fine an avatar switch...but I’m telling you that chit is boring.

Ok. You gotta deal. I'm betting the pick does not convey, hope you're right despite the bet.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Ok. You gotta deal. I'm betting the pick does not convey, hope you're right despite the bet.

So it’s on? Can somebody co-sign this? Omg ? I might have a cat as an avatar for a month. You know what they say about women with cats, avoiding dating them at all costs! (Not sure why I brought that up in this situation..).

@kg01 I might be a cat guy in 9 months....

1 minute ago, AHF said:

You guys need to pick a time period for the duration of the ability to pick the other's avatar.

And I'll be waiting:

soccer-players-during-a-free-penalty-kic

? nice! @bleachkit how bout we have from the last day of the regular season in 2018-19 until the 2019 nba draft? Whenever we take on the others avatar, we keep it for 1 month? That sound good? You gonna keep the kitty ? I imagine for now..?

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

That makes the 2021 draft ultra-rich.  Get the top players from two HS classes in a single draft.  It also makes the 2022 draft potentially terrible.

The Hawks will still be in the lottery in 2021.