• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Dennis trade talk should stop immediately!!!

Peoriabird

16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep, plus Dennis was wirey, athletic, long wignspan. He could get whereever he wanted on the floor. And he wasn't AFRAID. 

Trae looks, how the kids say...shook.

Back in high school, and the 1 year of small college ball I've played in . . I know what that feels like.  When you're facing people who are bigger, faster, and stronger that you, and you can't get your game going offensively, it's definitely demoralizing.

You just have to fight through it, and most important, be a smarter player.  You can't play dumb when your shots aren't falling.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

One of my fav songs. Will you be back on, or get on the Trae wagon if he scores 30 tomorrow?

One game isn't going to change my mind about Law 2.0. This is going to a long, long season ahead.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Back in high school, and the 1 year of small college ball I've played in . . I know what that feels like.  When you're facing people who are bigger, faster, and stronger that you, and you can't get your game going offensively, it's definitely demoralizing.

You just have to fight through it, and most important, be a smarter player.  You can't play dumb when your shots aren't falling.  

Yup...next level is frustrating as hell. There is a sense of hopelessness but honestly it’s just an adjustment period...but during that period, you need to adjust.

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

One of my fav songs. Will you be back on, or get on the Trae wagon if he scores 30 tomorrow?

Nah, soth is too far gone on that yay to come back now.

37 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He looks just like @kg01 trying to go up against me:

Daaaaaaang, sun.  You went early 90's hip hop to diss me?  Respeck ... but ...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Nah, soth is too far gone on that yay to come back now.

Daaaaaaang, sun.  You went early 90's hip hop to diss me?  Respeck ... but ...

Nice song. Brought back some memories on that one.

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Agreed. Find other ways to impact the game.

He's done some of that in spurts in running the team in lieu of shooting. He just can't hang his head when shots don't fall.

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Agreed. Find other ways to impact the game.

He's done some of that in spurts in running the team in lieu of shooting. He just can't hang his head when shots don't fall.

This is precisely why Dennis needs to stay...Dennis was just as lost in his 1st summer league action too but over time Dennis worked on that midrange game and his drive angles which led to him became a much more effective offensive player.  I'm not buying the Dennis is a lost soul bit.  That guy was young and made a mistake.  Dennis sound more mature now and he already has the respect of his teammates since he has run the offense already and was outstanding in playoffs 2 years ago against Wall.  Only a moron would risk Trae losing confidence in himself and the entire organization ( Players/Coaches/owners) and fans losing confidence in him by rushing his development.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

There is no way in h-ll anyone including Dennis haters can convince me that Trae young is ready to be a starter in the NBA.  There is no way anyone can convince me that Trae Young is better at anything right now than Dennis.  Trae will probably be a good point guard in this league but he is at least 1 maybe 2 years away from getting there and nobody in their right mind would recommend throwing him to the wolves at this stage in his career.  Do the right thing Hawks!...Do not trade Dennis this year!

Not that he will actually help the team win, but you seem to be under the impression that they actually want to try to win this year.  They don't.  They are still tanking.  Keeping Dennis actually helps the tank because he's a net negative player, and there is no way he and Trae will work in the same back court.

Ulterior motives are at play here.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, KB21 said:

Not that he will actually help the team win, but you seem to be under the impression that they actually want to try to win this year.  They don't.  They are still tanking.  Keeping Dennis actually helps the tank because he's a net negative player, and there is no way he and Trae will work in the same back court.

Ulterior motives are at play here.

Y'all don't seem to understand that there are other players on this team that will be affected!  If you were Prince or John Collins for that matter and the coach kept making decisions that you knew where bad, would you continue to have confidence in him??  Would you continue to play you butt off for him???  The Answer is absolutely not.  This whole process isn't only about Trae...The other players already know that he isn't some savior so it is up to the collective to make this work so you need everyone to buy in!!!  And you can't get players to buy in when you sell your best player for pennies on the dollar and bring in someone worse.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all don't see to understand that there are other players on this team that will be affected!  If you were Prince or John Collins for that matter and the coach kept making decisions that you knew where bad, would you continue to have confidence in him??  Would you continue to play you butt off for him???  The Answer is absolutely not.  This whole process isn't only about Trae...The other players already know that he isn't some savior so it is up to the collective to make this work so you need everyone to buy in!!!  And you can't get players to buy in when you sell your best player for pennies on the dollar and bring in someone worse.

This is why tanking is a poor strategy.

Dennis should only be traded if there is a good trade on the table.  If there is a trade that gives us picks and flexibility, I’d take it.  We can pick up a vet PG to split time with Dorsey.  

We shouldn’t dump Dennis though.  He’s a liability right now, but based on his age, there is a chance he turns a corner and becomes an actual asset.  Then you have a nice dilemma.  As it is we’d be selling low bc of the legal issue and likely taking back bad contracts just to move him.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, CBAreject said:

Dennis should only be traded if there is a good trade on the table.  If there is a trade that gives us picks and flexibility, I’d take it.  We can pick up a vet PG to split time with Dorsey.  

We shouldn’t dump Dennis though.  He’s a liability right now, but based on his age, there is a chance he turns a corner and becomes an actual asset.  Then you have a nice dilemma.  As it is we’d be selling low bc of the legal issue and likely taking back bad contracts just to move him.  

Y'all do realize that these charges will be either dismissed or reduced right? You guys can't be that uninformed.

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

There’s a common thread with a lot of these posts defending Trae—it’s that people are overreacting to a few bad games.  I agree with that to an extent, but a lot of the people who are concerned with just *how* bad he’s been were not happy after the draft (including me, though I haven’t commented on the SL).  I like Trae and I think he will be good (above avg PG), but I think the bad SL is a continuation of concerns that existed in the second half of his historic freshman year. 

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all do realize that these charges will be either dismissed or reduced right? You guys can't be that uninformed.

Ok, so even more reason not to dump him while the legal issue is hanging over him, as I said.    What are you even arguing with?