• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency...cont'd

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
41 minutes ago, kg01 said:

On the TOR trade front, did the cRaptors just 'Nique' themselves?

Traded a franchise (for them) player for a guy who's not likely to stay?

I think we could we finally be seeing this curse being lifted from us.

... I'm about 16% joking.

This must be called "Manning" themselves.  Nique was not to blame for that debacle.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

On the TOR trade front, did the cRaptors just 'Nique' themselves?

Traded a franchise (for them) player for a guy who's not likely to stay?

I think we could we finally be seeing this curse being lifted from us.

... I'm about 16% joking.

Ooohhh.....I like it.

Ever so often, you pull something out of thin air.:biggrin:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hahaha

Hahaahhahahhaaa!!!!

Mike Tyson Busting Up

Suck it, Philly!!!

PHI fans and media walk around with their chest poked out as if they won 6 rings last season or something.  Well, so far this offsesason has been a massive bust for them.  Massive.  And this is just the icing on the cherry on the cake for me.

Meanwhile, if there's any team that should be hot in pursuit of Musc, it's the 6ers.

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Ooohhh.....I like it.

Ever so often, you pull something out of thin air.:biggrin:

You dang right, I do.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Hahaahhahahhaaa!!!!

Mike Tyson Busting Up

Suck it, Philly!!!

PHI fans and media walk around with their chest poked out as if they won 6 rings last season or something.  Well, so far this offsesason has been a massive bust for them.  Massive.  And this is just the icing on the cherry on the cake for me.

Meanwhile, if there's any team that should be hot in pursuit of Musc, it's the 6ers.

You dang right, I do.

Yep

• Like 1

With the Schröder trade done who do we go after? We just moved a Big and a PG. I still vote for Okafor if he is willing to take one of our exceptions. If we don't at least inquire then Pierce must have some serious doubts about him.

According to spotrac we are over the cap and have:

Room Midelevel exception for 4.44 million and a Bi Annual exception for 3.35 million we can use.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

With the Schröder trade done who do we go after? We just moved a Big and a PG. I still vote for Okafor if he is willing to take one of our exceptions. If we don't at least inquire then Pierce must have some serious doubts about him.

Room Midelevel exception for 4.44 million and a Bi Annual exception for 3.35 million we can use.

But Pierce is fierce on defense. Not Okafor's gig as Pierce already knows all too well.

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

But Pierce is fierce on defense. Not Okafor's gig as Pierce knows all too well.

There is really not a whole lot left. I would put Greg Monroe in the same category as Okafor. Beasley is still out there also.

Well we have a ten man rotation with four bigs right now anyway. Not looking to bring in problems there and its obvious Schlenk isn't either. Not expecting so much talent at our third string bigs really. 

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I expect that we have zero interest in him because Pierce knows him.  If Pierce likes him, we will bring him in because those exceptions are easily more than he will get from other teams.

2 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
13 minutes ago, Buzzard said:
There is really not a whole lot left. I would put Greg Monroe in the same category as Okafor. Beasley is still out there also.

Would Beasley compromise the tank/development of our players? I wouldn't mind having him on a good team coming off the bench.

Improving record wise over last season is going to rest squarely on Lin and Trae's shoulders, If they play well this season, 30 wins is a possibility. If not, 20 to 25 wins, I say this because I expect our front line of Prince, Dedmon, and Collins to hold their own.

• Like 2