• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency...cont'd

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

True and it would save them a little more to trade with us. Lin is 12.56, Plumlee is 12.0. Not a big difference though. I just have to think we are not pursuing him as hard as the Nets if this rumor is true.

Plumlee is actually $12.4 for 2 years, Lin is 1 year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smoove31210 said:

Have the Hawks signed or traded for anyone yet? Or are we still "waiting"?

They are still waiting.  They are clearly not going to add anyone in free agency that would damage their precious tank job.

1 hour ago, nathan2331 said:
2 hours ago, smoove31210 said:
Have the Hawks signed or traded for anyone yet? Or are we still "waiting"?

Are you in or are you out? We know the Hawks are trash, us making a move won't change anything.

At the rate the GM is moving.....I am beginning to wonder if he is In or Out himself?!

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do we need another 6'-4" guard?

I don't think we do. I really think our team is set and we are just looking to make a trade. Starters are easy:

Dennis, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, Dedmon

Bench

Trae, Dorsey, Bembry, Huerter, Spellman,, Moose, Plumlee

Then decisions to make:

Cleveland, Morris, Adams, Alpha Kaba ( probably going back to Europe )

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I don't think we do. I really think our team is set and we are just looking to make a trade. Starters are easy:

Dennis, Bazemore, Prince, Collins, Dedmon

Bench

Trae, Dorsey, Bembry, Huerter, Spellman,, Moose, Plumlee

Then decisions to make:

Cleveland, Morris, Adams, Alpha Kaba ( probably going back to Europe )

Adams is on a 2 way GL contract already.

A squawker posted that Schlenk said Kaba is going back overseas.

So that leaves Cleveland and Morris.

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Adams is on a 2 way GL contract already.

A squawker posted that Schlenk said Kaba is going back overseas.

So that leaves Cleveland and Morris.

I saw your post earlier about Schlenk viewing this free agency period as a trade period. I think that is what we are doing. I honestly think that we could win 30 games if Dennis and Bazemore are kept past the trade deadline.

Trae, Huerter, and Dorsey could provide adequate fire power off the bench for us. Spellman, Moose, and Plumlee is not the deepest big man rotation but they will fill in for brief stints, while Spellman learns the NBA game.

Bembry is the player I cannot say anything about one way or the other. I hope he has worked on his shot and can actually make a free throw like a NBA SG/SF should.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Guys, let's rally around our boy @Sothron.  I know he's reeling with the news that Jimi formally rejected the Twolves extension offer.

Come on home to TrAeTL, soth.  Your Hawks still love you. 

This was expected since he could make more next year. The Wolves offered him that to show how serious they are in keeping him. I'm not sweating it. Either he stays or he leaves. I've been a TWolves fans since Marbury was there and  an Atlanta sports fan since forever. I'm used to being let down.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems Parker's Bucks tenure is over.  Per twitter, MIL pulled their QO making him an unrestricted FA.  Expected to sign with CHI for 2 years, around 40mil.

Saw that he was closing in to go to his hometown chi town. Bulls are quietly creeping up. 

57 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Saw that he was closing in to go to his hometown chi town. Bulls are quietly creeping up. 

I like Markkanen and Carter Jr's potential a lot; but Parker and Lavine will both be inefficient starters and crap defensively. If Dunn does not improve they could be a suitor for Dennis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I like Markkanen and Carter Jr's potential a lot; but Parker and Lavine will both be inefficient starters and crap defensively. If Dunn does not improve they could be a suitor for Dennis.

Dennis would work with them I think. I don’t think they are building great but I do think they get in the playoffs this year.

• Premium Member

What about adding another big wing like Alex Poythress.  He looked good against us in summer league.

Alex Poythress

The lack of true small forwards on the Hawks’ roster is startling – only Taurean Prince is truly capable of defending against the bigger wings in the league. Kent Bazemore and others will be able to fake it, especially on a team not designed to win, but bringing in another wing-sized player to take some of that load off these two would help Atlanta’s defense tremendously. Poythress isn’t even necessarily a high-end defender, but his size at 6’7 and 240 pounds would be a strong addition to the team’s wing depth.

After being cut a week ago from the Pacers main roster but continuing to play Summer League with them, he’s played well enough to warrant a look at the minimum from the Hawks. With just 261 NBA minutes to his name across the past two seasons, Poythress has never really gotten a shot to show what he can do consistently in the big leagues, and like the Philadelphia 76ers did in the early Process era under Sam Hinkie, the Hawks should be looking for players willing to sign long-term minimum contracts in the hopes of finding a diamond in the rough. With some defensive development from new head coach Lloyd Pierce, Poythress could grow into a long-term option on the wing.