• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency...cont'd

JayBirdHawk

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Dennis would work with them I think. I don’t think they are building great but I do think they get in the playoffs this year.

I agree that with the Parker signing it looks like Chicago just wants to get back into the playoffs. They took a huge hit with their fan base by trading Butler. The playoffs along with  Markkanen and Carter Jr could give them hope again.

47 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I agree that with the Parker signing it looks like Chicago just wants to get back into the playoffs. They took a huge hit with their fan base by trading Butler. The playoffs along with  Markkanen and Carter Jr could give them hope again.

Ya I think they get in the weak east playoffs next year with Lauri MarKKK (lol) and Wendy Carter aka Ed Davis @kg01..hehe and Dunn Lavine Parker etc. as it stands, they could get a 5-8 seed imo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I think they get in the weak east playoffs next year with Lauri MarKKK (lol) and Wendy Carter aka Ed Davis @kg01..hehe and Dunn Lavine Parker etc. as it stands, they could get a 5-8 seed imo.

I think these six teams are playoff locks:

Boston, Toronto, Philly, Indy, Bucks, and Wizards

After those teams the East is going to be straight up chaos.

36 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Anyone interested in Michael Beasley, Greg Monroe or Jahlil Okafor on a 1yr. deal for 5-6 mil?

Okafor, he is a low risk signing with upside. If he breaks out again, he might appreciate we were the ones who gave him the opportunity. Monroe and Beasley, what you see is what you get in my opinion.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

Okafor, he is a low risk signing with upside. If he breaks out again, he might appreciate we were the ones who gave him the opportunity. Monroe and Beasley, what you see is what you get in my opinion.

So you would chose Okafor out of the 3 because I feel we need this year's version of Ilyasova and Beasley might fit that bill

Just now, Peoriabird said:

So you would chose Okafor out of the 3 because I feel we need this year's version of Ilyasova and Beasley might fit that bill

I think Collins has worked hard on his shot and do not want anyone taking his minutes like Ilyasova did. Moose should be adequate as a stretch player off the bench, Beasely may take minutes away from Spellman also.

I don't think we need a big at all except for injury insurance. Okafor could return to his rookie form though and that would not hurt us or him.

• Premium Member
Just now, Buzzard said:

I think Collins has worked hard on his shot and do not want anyone taking his minutes like Ilyasova did. Moose should be adequate as a stretch player off the bench, Beasely may take minutes away from Spellman also.

I don't think we need a big at all except for injury insurance. Okafor could return to his rookie form though and that would not hurt us or him.

We are pretty thin up front.  We had 3 bigs out for more than 2 weeks last year.  I definitely don't want to go thru a Plumlee/Babbitt run like last year.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

You can have Okafor and/or Beasley for less.  Like 2.5 mil.

Is Okafor done?

His play style is not modern NBA and it has really impacted teams negatively.  He's a good player but will need the right fit...his market is extremely cool. He might have to go overseas to up his value.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

We are pretty thin up front.  We had 3 bigs out for more than 2 weeks last year.  I definitely don't want to go thru a Plumlee/Babbitt run like last year.

Is Okafor done?

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Pierce knows Okafor well so if he likes him, I am sure we will talk to his agent. Neither of those three is renowned for being great character locker room influences,

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Pierce knows Okafor well so if he likes him, I am sure we will talk to his agent. Neither of those three is renowned for being great character locker room influences,

I don't think they are Dwight Howard either but It would be nice to have a little more depth up front in case of injury or a bad slump by someone like Spellman.  Also Okafor would be nice because he would be another 7 footer on the team to battle some guys

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Seems Parker's Bucks tenure is over.  Per twitter, MIL pulled their QO making him an unrestricted FA.  Expected to sign with CHI for 2 years, around 40mil.

Jabari 20 mill and Lavine at 20 mill? Bulls taking hella chances. lol. Good luck with that..See ya in the lottery next year..

11 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Parkers deal is a 1+1, team option in year 2.

There is really no risk there for the Bulls. I think it's a great signing.  I thought the Hawks would sign one of these young underdeveloped former lottery picks. Several of them took show me deals perfect scenario to take a flyer on a player that's available likely only due to injury. With no long term commitment why not.

I would rather have Jabari Parker on a 1 + 1  20 million deal than Jeremy Lin at 14. Parker still has elite scorer upside.   At least one of these 3 is going to have a breakout year Hezonja, Parker, or Noel. Good news is they are show me deals and you maybe can get them next year,  but you still won't know how they fit your culture. 

1 hour ago, ATLien_ said:

There is really no risk there for the Bulls. I think it's a great signing.  I thought the Hawks would sign one of these young underdeveloped former lottery picks. Several of them took show me deals perfect scenario to take a flyer on a player that's available likely only due to injury. With no long term commitment why not.

I would rather have Jabari Parker on a 1 + 1  20 million deal than Jeremy Lin at 14. Parker still has elite scorer upside.   At least one of these 3 is going to have a breakout year Hezonja, Parker, or Noel. Good news is they are show me deals and you maybe can get them next year,  but you still won't know how they fit your culture. 

Parker never had elite scorer upside to begin with.  He's just another overhyped prospect who never lived up to that hype.  He has neither the athleticism nor the skill level to be an elite scorer.

• Like 1

Parker never had elite scorer upside to begin with.  He's just another overhyped prospect who never lived up to that hype.  He has neither the athleticism nor the skill level to be an elite scorer.

Wow, it's almost like his injury problems have had no effect on his career so far. It must be the Nike hype machine!

14 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:
33 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wow, it's almost like his injury problems have had no effect on his career so far. It must be the Nike hype machine!

He wasn't athletic or skilled before his injury.  Yes.  Jabari Parker was a part of the hype machine, just like Jahlil Okafor was a part of it......Andrew Wiggins was a part of it.......Marvin Bagley was a part of it.......Michael Porter Jr. was a part of it.......and now RJ Barrett is the overhyped guy.

He wasn't athletic or skilled before his injury.  Yes.  Jabari Parker was a part of the hype machine, just like Jahlil Okafor was a part of it......Andrew Wiggins was a part of it.......Marvin Bagley was a part of it.......Michael Porter Jr. was a part of it.......and now RJ Barrett is the overhyped guy.

Just because you have hype, doesn't mean there isn't any substance to your game. Ben Simmons was hyped just as much as anybody, look at where he's going. Wiggins for all is flaws played well enough to warrant a max contract, even if everyone outside of Minnesota thought it was an overpay. Jahlil Okafor wasn't hyped, and in a different situation he might be productive. Nobody has ever bottomed out like the Sixers (not even us yet) and drafting 3 centers in row meant someone wasn't going to develop.

6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Just because you have hype, doesn't mean there isn't any substance to your game. Ben Simmons was hyped just as much as anybody, look at where he's going. Wiggins for all is flaws played well enough to warrant a max contract, even if everyone outside of Minnesota thought it was an overpay. Jahlil Okafor wasn't hyped, and in a different situation he might be productive. Nobody has ever bottomed out like the Sixers (not even us yet) and drafting 3 centers in row meant someone wasn't going to develop.

So, one out of 8 super hyped players actually became a quality player in the NBA.  Wow!  Great odds.  Definitely worth ruining a winning culture to have those odds.