• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency...cont'd

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So, one out of 8 super hyped players actually became a quality player in the NBA.  Wow!  Great odds.  Definitely worth ruining a winning culture to have those odds.

I like how you turned 7 into 8 and 3 of those players haven't even played a NBA game yet. One just graduated from high school. And you wonder why people don't take you seriously. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KB21 said:

Parker never had elite scorer upside to begin with.  He's just another overhyped prospect who never lived up to that hype.  He has neither the athleticism nor the skill level to be an elite scorer.

It amazes me how you guys want to close the book on guys in their early 20s. If you can't see the potential Parker has that's a you problem. His defense is not good,  but it's silly to argue with you about rather he can score or not. He averaged 20 points a game in 2016/2017 shooting 49% from the field and 36.5% from 3. Not inefficient chucking. Now if you want to talk about D you have an argument, but I never mentioned his D. Plenty of room on a team for an offensive only star, the league is littered with them.  The good teams know how to hide them, and get more out of them defensively. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So is Cleveland going to tank or no? 

I think so long as Love is playing they will try to win and not embarrass themselves. Next season they have a lot of salary/players that could come off the books. Hill ( 19 M ), Smith ( 14 M ), and Korver ( 7.5 M ).

Right now they are 9.9 M over the cap. They are not close to the bad position long term cap wise as the 1st time Bron left.

Not willing to pay someone 20 million per does not mean they have totally given up on someone. In four years he has played around thirty games more than he has been on the sidelines. This was a risk-reward decision for the Bucks. 

• Premium Member

Anadolu Efes is going all in for a big move for next season and has offered a $2.2M, one-year deal to Malcolm Delaney,according to Eurohoops sources. Delaney, 29, who spent the previous two seasons with the Atlanta Hawks, also expects a big offer from China while he is still exploring his NBA options.

• Moderators
20 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So is Cleveland going to tank or no? 

I guess no, but why does Frye go to the Cavs unless no one else offered?   Seems like a candidate for spurs, sixers, or at least the nuggets or wolves.   

• Like 1

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Wait.  I thought players were itching to go to the tanking culture that is Philadelphia.

How many years of consecutive playoff appearances will mean their culture has changed or are they forever a tainted team now even while playing in the playoffs?

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

They are forever tainted.

Care to double down on your prediction last year and tell us how that tainted team will fall short of the playoffs this year?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I know CLE is a big loser this offseason but PHI is a close second.  Lost their GM, botched a draft-day trade of a hometown favorite, lost all the shooting that made them dangerous down the stretch, missed out on Lebron and all the other "stars" they claimed they were hunting.  Now this?

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I know CLE is a big loser this offseason but PHI is a close second.  Lost their GM, botched a draft-day trade of a hometown favorite, lost all the shooting that made them dangerous down the stretch, missed out on Lebron and all the other "stars" they claimed they were hunting.  Now this?

Tanking culture.  Get used to it.  This is the Hawks future.

18 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Tanking culture.  Get used to it.  This is the Hawks future.

Oh, we're hiring Colangelo then we're having his wife use burner accounts to criticize folks?

Staaahhhhp

Everybody can see your agenda hangin' out from under your shirt.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh, we're hiring Colangelo then we're having his wife use burner accounts to criticize folks?

Staaahhhhp

Everybody can see your agenda hangin' out from under your shirt.

No, we are doing a Philly style tank that will doom the Hawks for the rest of its existence.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No, we are doing a Philly style tank that will doom the Hawks for the rest of its existence.

42 minutes ago, AHF said:

Care to double down on your prediction last year and tell us how that tainted team will fall short of the playoffs this year?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Made a play for Daryl Morey as GM and failed. Trying to poach RC Buford from SAS.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Made a play for Daryl Morey as GM and failed. Trying to poach RC Buford from SAS.

Colangelo wasn't a great hire to begin with but it is hard to operate without someone mapping out a plan and strategy for the team.