• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Free Agency...cont'd

JayBirdHawk

Just now, Vol4ever said:

Im sure your not serious^^^^

As I'm sure you're not serious as Whoreford being on the same level as Derozan at the moment.  Whoreford is a great role player who does many things well, especially on the defensive end, but no one's trading Kwahi Leonard for Al Whoreford. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

As I'm sure you're not serious as Whoreford being on the same level as Derozan at the moment.  Whoreford is a great role player who does many things well, especially on the defensive end, but no one's trading Kwahi Leonard for Al Whoreford. 

What does Horford have to do with this?    I am saying our #3 in the draft.   Leonard is that star player we are looking for or assume we are looking for.  

10 minutes ago, terrell said:

Smart move by Raptors in a way.. Already hearing he doesnt want to play in Toronto...Trade him to LA at the deadline for the farm? lol

Why would they trade for him at the deadline instead of just waiting a few months to just sign him without losing any assets?

This move is TOR going all-in on having a year to try to sell him on staying.  If not, they lose him, get rid of Lowry and go into a rebuild.

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Just like Carmelo????????

What are you talking about?  He was never rumored to be going to LA.

If you're talking about George, that's not really an apt comparison.  Different guys, different situations.

By most recent accounts, all the noise people have been hearing about Leonard has been inaccurate.  Here are a few interesting tidbits from the various eggsperts today which clear up some of the speculation from the past few months:

- He actually doesn't care about the super-max.  Not really a 'money' guy.  As long as he's paid fairly he's good.

- The rumor of him wanting to get to LA because of the shoe money is false.  Wants a shoe deal but, again, isn't a 'money' guy to the point where he'd torpedo his situation to get to LA to get a bigger shoe deal.

- His motivation has only been about getting away from SA.  Tired of Popo's 'act', medical issues, etc.

- Definitely miffed by Parker's comments which, per Isola, were comments the organization asked him to say .. then they ultimately jettisoned him which was kind of a b*tch move.  IOW, SA hung Tony out to dry then only offered him a minimum deal.

- Long story long, if Leonard ends up in LA, it's only because of his family situation.  Not any of the stuff George was chasing.  TOR has very little chance of keeping him.

14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

What does Horford have to do with this?    I am saying our #3 in the draft.   Leonard is that star player we are looking for or assume we are looking for.  

Oh sorry, we both are misunderstanding each other.  KB21 was referring to when we had Milsap, Al, et al on the roster. I asked who on that roster would get us Kwhai.

• Like 1

• Moderators
14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Trading the #3 (or Young and Dallas's protected 2019) would be a heck of a gamble given Kawhi's health condition and FA status and given how far our team would be from contending with him even if he is healthy.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Oh sorry, we both are misunderstanding each other.  KB21 was referring to when we had Milsap, Al, et al on the roster. I asked who on that roster would get us Kwhai.

Gotcha^^^   Sorry

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, AHF said:

Trading the #3 (or Young and Dallas's protected 2019) would be a heck of a gamble given Kawhi's health condition and FA status and given how far our team would be from contending with him even if he is healthy.

I understand your point, but I would say we havent had a star player here in how many years?  Maybe the gamble would be worth it.  The Hawks are in a very bad place imo and dont think with the owner, GM, and coach in place that it will improve in the next 5 years.  

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Why would they trade for him at the deadline instead of just waiting a few months to just sign him without losing any assets?

This move is TOR going all-in on having a year to try to sell him on staying.  If not, they lose him, get rid of Lowry and go into a rebuild.

What are you talking about?  He was never rumored to be going to LA.

If you're talking about George, that's not really an apt comparison.  Different guys, different situations.

By most recent accounts, all the noise people have been hearing about Leonard has been inaccurate.  Here are a few interesting tidbits from the various eggsperts today which clear up some of the speculation from the past few months:

- He actually doesn't care about the super-max.  Not really a 'money' guy.  As long as he's paid fairly he's good.

- The rumor of him wanting to get to LA because of the shoe money is false.  Wants a shoe deal but, again, isn't a 'money' guy to the point where he'd torpedo his situation to get to LA to get a bigger shoe deal.

- His motivation has only been about getting away from SA.  Tired of Popo's 'act', medical issues, etc.

- Definitely miffed by Parker's comments which, per Isola, were comments the organization asked him to say .. then they ultimately jettisoned him which was kind of a b*tch move.  IOW, SA hung Tony out to dry then only offered him a minimum deal.

- Long story long, if Leonard ends up in LA, it's only because of his family situation.  Not any of the stuff George was chasing.  TOR has very little chance of keeping him.

Because he's supposedly willing to play for both LA teams....Magic might not want to take that chance..

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

I understand your point, but I would say we havent had a star player here in how many years?  Maybe the gamble would be worth it.  The Hawks are in a very bad place imo and dont think with the owner, GM, and coach in place that it will improve in the next 5 years.  

It's been 1 year.  Contrary to popular opinion, Paul Millsap was definitely a star player in Atlanta.  He wasn't an elite super star, but he was clearly one of the top 20 players in the NBA.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I get the sentiment, but Kawhi is a 'win now' player. With Schlenk still trying to move Dennis and Baze how do you sell him on this being a winning situation to convince him to stay?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, terrell said:

Because he's supposedly willing to play for both LA teams....Magic might not want to take that chance..

You think the Lakers are in danger of losing a free agency battle with ... the Clippers?

.. when they're both offering the same money/years ... with Lebron on the team ... with Magic on the phone ....

LL Cool J

C'mon, sun.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's been 1 year.  Contrary to popular opinion, Paul Millsap was definitely a star player in Atlanta.  He wasn't an elite super star, but he was clearly one of the top 20 players in the NBA.

I meant a superstar.  I loved SAP but he was not a superstar

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I get the sentiment, but Kawhi is a 'win now' player. With Schlenk still trying to move Dennis and Baze how do you sell him on this being a winning situation to convince him to stay?

I know.   He would have to go out and make another trade with those other draft pics we own to get a decent player to win.   We are in a very dark place right now as a franchise.  

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You think the Lakers are in danger of losing a free agency battle with ... the Clippers?

.. when they're both offering the same money/years ... with Lebron on the team ... with Magic on the phone ....

LL Cool J

C'mon, sun.

Im not. Idc..I only care about the Hawks...

Just now, terrell said:

Im not. Idc..I only care about the Hawks...

Hell, he might not want to play with LBJ..Just sayin..