• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

They didn't do the trade he proposed. Rowland proposed Dennis and Muscala for nothing. The got a 1st round pick which changes everything.

and I posted this morning there was a 3rd team involved and it would bring a SG to OKC  :)  Most of these rumors start out just like Rowland reported them. someone "not close" to the details but in the loop hears something and leaks it to the press to try and force all teams involved to step up.  Probably what happened here.  Teams were probably involved trying to get Dennis or Baze and the Hawks were probably holding it up to get the compensation or player back....turned out to be Anderson.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Great point and Justin has shown flashes of a three pointer so lets see what Jent can do with that.

He definitely has all the tools to be an elite defender.

Just hope he can improve his shot. He would be a perfect 3 and D if he can. Shot 33% last year. Bring that 36% and we are talking business.

• Like 3

Just now, smoove31210 said:

The Hawks usually always ends up with other team's castoffs and then folks expect them to contribute here in Atlanta.....:ahf:

Dennis was of the biggest net negative "assets" in the NBA. To expect anything more is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He still got it wrong...and brad added his 2 cents by saying it was a win if the Hawks just dumped Dennis' salary

That's because dumping his salary and attitude is pretty much a win in and of itself.  

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wasn’t Crawford like 12 mill and we gave 9?

17 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm showing we paid just under $11M for last year and owe another couple for this year.  Different sites sometimes get this wrong, though.

6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I show the same thing at Spotrac and they are also showing Anthony on our books already. According to them we are now over the cap and have:

Room Midelevel exception for 4.44 million and a Bi Annual exception for 3.35 million we can use.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/atlanta-hawks/cap/

Crawford was initially owed approx. $17 mil in guaranteed money. $14 +$3...buyout was $14 ish...paid $11+ last year,  the remaining $3+ this year. (Rounded figures)

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

LOL!  Someone edited the topic header!

That's @AHF...on top.of things :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smoove31210 said:

Can somebody explain to me the benefit(s) of having a "good locker room guy" vs a "really good player"? Just curious....

Players resent each other all the time over playing time, shot selection, ball hogging, etc.  Anderson's reputation is he's willing to defer for the betterment of the team, does the dirty work, sets picks on plays not called for him and doesn't complain.  Players trust and believe in him.  Good Locker Room Guys are guys who diffuse arguments, add to team unity, etc.  They are the guys that keep the Dwights of the world from throttling the Schroders of the world.  Good locker room guy doesn't mean bad player, it means a few wins a year by not letting things go off the rails.  Baze, Dedmon, Prince all have that reputation. They put team first and elevate others over themselves.  Nobody likes a guy in the locker that is constantly pointing at himself and starting arguments with others on the court.  

Dennis by contrast could be seen getting into others on the court for not getting out of his way. Always trying to up his numbers over giving a team mate an opportunity.  Dennis is the antithesis of a locker room guy.  I have no idea how he'll handle coming off the bench in OKC. He's the kind of guy who'll be rooting for a Westbrook injury so he can start.

• Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

That's @AHF...on top.of things :biggrin:

Hate me some "fake news" reference when "fake news" today basically means "news I don't like or want to acknowledge regardless of its veracity."

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He is but that 2022 pick is lottery protected :rumple: I was hoping it was protected for many years. It's basically like the Minny pick. 

The Minny pick was lottery protected for 3 years.

• Like 1

Rondo was the starting PG of a NBA championship team and for his career has averaged almost a double double(pts and assists).....I will let you try again......

Go back to ur original question..lol

Just now, thecampster said:

Players resent each other all the time over playing time, shot selection, ball hogging, etc.  Anderson's reputation is he's willing to defer for the betterment of the team, does the dirty work, sets picks on plays not called for him and doesn't complain.  Players trust and believe in him.  Good Locker Room Guys are guys who diffuse arguments, add to team unity, etc.  They are the guys that keep the Dwights of the world from throttling the Schroders of the world.  Good locker room guy doesn't mean bad player, it means a few wins a year by not letting things go off the rails.  Baze, Dedmon, Prince all have that reputation. They put team first and elevate others over themselves.  Nobody likes a guy in the locker that is constantly pointing at himself and starting arguments with others on the court.  

Dennis by contrast could be seen getting into others on the court for not getting out of his way. Always trying to up his numbers over giving a team mate an opportunity.  Dennis is the antithesis of a locker room guy.  I have no idea how he'll handle coming off the bench in OKC. He's the kind of guy who'll be rooting for a Westbrook injury so he can start.

Yeah.  To be quite honest, trading Dennis away is not a tanking move.  He's a guy you keep if you want to tank, IMO, because his selfishness will contribute to losing.

Rondo was the starting PG of a NBA championship team and for his career has averaged almost a double double(pts and assists).....I will let you try again......

Just for giggles....Boogie...and one year from now no one in the universe can make an excuse for him.

8 minutes ago, smoove31210 said:

Can somebody explain to me the benefit(s) of having a "good locker room guy" vs a "really good player"? Just curious....

Hey zippy...this was ur original question and my answer is still Rondo.

He is a shitty locker room guy but a great player. Do you even understand the words you write?

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Minny pick was lottery protected for 3 years.

Yeah - the Minny pick was better but the pick here was the cherry on top of the cap implications.  Once we drafted Trae, we were pretty much locked into moving Dennis and didn't have any leverage to deal him given his shooting, D and troubles off the court.  We still didn't have any leverage from Dennis but ended up with the leverage to get the pick because of the $$ savings that OKC got from making the deal.  I wish it wasn't protected or that the protection was there over a longer period of time but I'll take it.  Good deal.

• Like 3