• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OKC and Atlanta in talks - Dennis and Muscala for Melo - Deal Done (Not Fake News)

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
That's going to change sooner than you think.

I agree.

Context is everything. This statement by Melo was in response to assuming Ferry was a racist and the impact that would have on FA signing with the Hawks. Nothing whatsoever to do with the status of the Hawks as a contending or rebuilding team. That entire administration and ownership has changed now. Turn the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 4

Melo chimes in...

Anthony said the following Wednesday, according to ESPN.com's Jemele Hill: "To get bought out, to get waived, you were looked at like, you're done. Now, it's just almost like the norm. If something doesn't work, go ahead and get a buyout or go ahead and get traded. That's the new norm in our society in basketball. I had to get over that."

So I take it that he feels he’s “not done?”...

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Melo chimes in...

Anthony said the following Wednesday, according to ESPN.com's Jemele Hill: "To get bought out, to get waived, you were looked at like, you're done. Now, it's just almost like the norm. If something doesn't work, go ahead and get a buyout or go ahead and get traded. That's the new norm in our society in basketball. I had to get over that."

So I take it that he feels he’s “not done?”...

I don't think he's done if he's willing to accept a 'gunner off the becnh role.' Take ownership and control of the 2nd unit.

38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I don't think he's done if he's willing to accept a 'gunner off the becnh role.' Take ownership and control of the 2nd unit.

? that’s up for debate imo. The guy possesses no knowledge of team ?! He doesn’t pass well, rebound particularly well, play any D at all. What does he bring. “Leadership” and a 15-20 footer that’s no longer automatic? 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

? that’s up for debate imo. The guy possesses no knowledge of team ?! He doesn’t pass well, rebound particularly well, play any D at all. What does he bring. “Leadership” and a 15-20 footer that’s no longer automatic? 

He's no longer a lead guy, but still can help a team.

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's no longer a lead guy, but still can help a team.

We shall see. If I’m the Rockets im scared. Then again at this point there isn’t much to lose with Ariza and Luc gone. Not sure what the Rockets have in mind. Apparently out offense everyone.

Anthony's situation with the Thunder came to a head after he elected not to opt out of the final year of his contract, which pays him $27.9 million. Anthony and his reps reportedly collaborated with the Thunder to find a workable solution, resulting in Anthony waiving his no-trade clause to make the Hawks deal possible.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24196232/carmelo-anthony-calls-offseason-journey-new-norm-nba

The most overrated high profile athlete along with Arod to ever walk this planet. He’s in it for the money. Melo never loved the game imo, if he did he would have changed his personal game cuz it doesn’t impacting winning and hasn’t in his entire career. 

• Like 1