• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dangit, we finally trade

Vol4ever

2 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

Melo is a star in name only at this point.  He's a no defense chucker who is not a winning player.  The last thing we need on this team of impressionable young guys is a malcontent.  That's why Dennis was sent out.  I think the deal was a great trade really for all teams, but I'm good with our side for sure.  Long-term, it's a better situation.  Sheed was at least a true 2-way player and did the things needed to help his team win.  

Sheed was also like 29 at the time.

Melo is 34 now. A fat, out of shape 34 year old.

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

To get that star player and he will never set foot in the ATL.  Shades of Rasheed Wallace.  

Depressing!  

if this was ten years ago I would absolutely be there with you. But now? Naw fam. He's just  a name that hasn't figured out he's just a name now. Since the organization gave up on Dennis getting out of his deal without giving up a pick was the best solution for the franchise.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Carmelo Anthony is the single most overrated high profile athlete in the history of the NBA. He’s the Arod of ?. 

Took a long in the tooth Billups to help him show up and make any difference in the playoffs and that was when Melo was really young. Ancient history at this point. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Took a long in the tooth Billups to help him show up and make any difference in the playoffs and that was when Melo was really young. Ancient history at this point. 

Indeed. He had Chauncey, Nene and Kmart..as well as Junior Smith if I’m not mistaken but they couldn’t get over the hump. No other superstar really wants to play with Melo and I can see why.

• Like 1

• Moderators

If you are good with past their prime “superstars” then enjoy going back through footage of Tracy McGrady’s time with us.  Some sweet, sweet superstar memories to be had.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

I know Carmelo is in the sunset of his career.  I was just making the point that he has been that "superstar" player in the past that has avoided us.  

Truth be told, he still doesn't want to play for the Hawks.  I'm about 99.9% sure he wouldn't waive his NTC if we hadn't guaranteed him a buyout once the deal went through.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. He had Chauncey, Nene and Kmart..as well as Junior Smith if I’m not mistaken but they couldn’t get over the hump. No other superstar really wants to play with Melo and I can see why.

Wonder why Houston wants him?  

• Like 1

• Moderators

Carmelo isn’t totally washed up by any means.  He can still play.  But he isn’t close to being a superstar today.  At the height of his powers his selfish play and lack of focus on D had him below superstar level for me but at least there was an argument to be had the .

northcyde’s comparison to Dwight is a good one.  Both can still play but both are flawed and not what they used to be.

• Like 1