• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Is Love starting over Collins more about fit of your team of do you think he’s just a better overall player right now?

Hey, i'm just the GM. This is just an outline. Our soon to be drafted Coach will make the line up choices
Anyway, Love is starting because he has proven that he can shoot over 40% from 3 . 
And really my line up is based on who i think will have a better season next year. 
Love is the number 1 option in  Cleveland now, so he might have a better season than Collins stat wise.

For the next pick, I call upon the "Old BALL Coach" . . . . Steve Spurrier

Image result for steve spurrier

Ya know.  It's not often that you get to pick two youngsters at the same time, that could be the cornerstone of your team.  Hell, I was lucky to have Danny Wuerffel and Terry Dean at the same time.  And the Gators had Emmitt Smith and Errict Rhett for 6 straight seasons.  And they were from the same fraternity.

Image result for omega psi phi step gif

So imagine my surprise when I get to say . . .

With the 84th and 85th picks in the Hawksqawk Dynasty Draft . . . the Northcyde Ballers select . . 

MARVIN BAGLEY III and WENDELL CARTER JR

While our All-Star big men are recovering from injury, the kids get to play . . . and play a lot.   Talk about value from a trade involving Tatum and Sexton.   The Ballers used that to acquire Lonzo, Marvin, and Wendell.   WHAT A YOUNG CORE TO BUILD OFF OF!!

I guess people were scared off by Bagley's struggles in Summer League.  But they should've been impressed with what WCJ did.   He not only established himself as one of the top big men in Summer League, he may very well be a Day 1 starter in Chicago.   Some low key believe that Carter may be the best player in the 2018 draft.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya know.  It's not often that you get to pick two youngsters at the same time, that could be the cornerstone of your team.  Hell, I was lucky to have Danny Wuerffel and Terry Dean at the same time.  And the Gators had Emmitt Smith and Errict Rhett for 6 straight seasons.  And they were from the same fraternity.

With the 84th and 85th picks in the Hawksqawk Dynasty Draft . . . the Northcyde Ballers select . . 

While our All-Star big men are recovering from injury, the kids get to play . . . and play a lot.   Talk about value from a trade involving Tatum and Sexton.   The Ballers used that to acquire Lonzo, Marvin, and Wendell.   WHAT A YOUNG CORE TO BUILD OFF OF!!

I guess people were scared off by Bagley's struggles in Summer League.  But they should've been impressed with what WCJ did.   He not only established himself as one of the top big men in Summer League, he may very well be a Day 1 starter in Chicago.   Some low key believe that Carter may be the best player in the 2018 draft.  

i was gonna take WENDELL CARTER JR 
next, so i got some thinking to do. :hmm:

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

PG - Ball

G - Evans

F - Lebron / Kuzma

F - Porzingis / Carter

C - Cousins / Bagley

LeBron is a rock and I think you made great picks with both rookies — but gotta way they are your two big men who are likely to play the most next year (if Kuzma is backing up LeBron).  You’ve definitely got a short term challenge with your bigs for this season.  Porzingis and Cousins will miss a ton of time.

12 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I like the picks. I have been keeping an eye on both big men since the beginning of the 5th round.

With the next pick, the AAF will roll the dice and select Michael Porter jr.

600px-20170329_MCDAAG_Michael_Porter_Jr.

He's an elite level athlete will all the tools to become a superstar.
Unfortunately he just had his second back surgery and may not play next season.
We love his potential and are willing to wait for him to be fully healthy to evaluate him again.
When u have a guy at his age, with his offensive skill set, you can't pass him up .
You gotta roll the dice and see what happens. 
roll-dice.gif

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, AHF said:

LeBron is a rock and I think you made great picks with both rookies — but gotta way they are your two big men who are likely to play the most next year (if Kuzma is backing up LeBron).  You’ve definitely got a short term challenge with your bigs for this season.  Porzingis and Cousins will miss a ton of time.

Kings depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/sac/sacramento-kings

Bulls depth chart

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/depth/_/name/chi/chicago-bulls

If this is accurate, I think both guys are going to play a lot.   I still say that Carter is a Day 1 starter, over (UNDRAFTED PLAYER AND TWIN BROTHER OF ANOTHER ~lw3).

Bagley may actually get a run for his spot by (UNDRAFTED YOUNGBLOOD ~lw3), but both should play extensively.

Alright alright. With the 87th pick in the draft, the Marvy Marv's select:

NIKOLA MIROTIC

800.jpeg

Getting Mirotic with the 87th pick is great value. I had him and another big in mind but ended up selecting Mirotic because of he was more of a defender. In fact, he's pretty underrated on that end. + DRPM every year in his career and he was great in the eye test when I was watching him ball against the Blazers. Offensively he'll fit in like a glove. Pick and pop, pick and roll's, catch and shoot, Mirotic is a player who can excel in the offense while not needing the ball in his hands. The only real problem I have with him is that he's really streaky with his shooting. However, with all the other offensive power I have, as long as he can defend well he'll still be a positive on the floor. I'll be starting him over JJJ as contention for the championship is a must on my team.

PG: Jrue Holiday/De'Aaron Fox

SG: Jimmy Butler/Eric Gordon

SF: Gordon Hayward

PF: Nikola Mirotic/Jaren Jackson Jr

C: Nikola Jokic

@lethalweapon3 you're up

• Like 1

• Moderators

In the 8th Round, with the 88th Pick in the 2018 Hawksquawk Summer Dynasty Draft, the Lethal Tender selects:

dunn-6-28-2016.jpg

Dunn Da Dunn Dunn DUNN! Whaddya say we use our new draft scouting technology to check into the innermost thoughts of Kristofer Michael Dunn (Point Guard, 6’4”, 210 lbs., Age 24)? On second thought… it’s a little early to be March Madness prognosticating, Kris. That cannot possibly be NC State in your Sweet Sixteen, right? Surely, that’s gotta be Nevada. Yeah, Nevada.

We have an affinity for ball-hawks here in Lethalopolis, and you’ll have a hard time finding one as proficient as this second-year pro. Kris Dunn has a big frame for a point guard. He is also blessed with a wingspan that extends beyond 6-foot-9. That allows his to not merely stay in front of opponents but to dispossess them of the rock as well.

Dunn’s 2.0 steals per game, in his injury-abbreviated sophomore campaign, tied for second in the league, right behind the Tender’s league-leader Victor Oladipo. Oladipo and Dunn ranked 1-and-2, respectively, in steal percentage. Throw in Chris Paul, who leads all active players in per-game thefts, and Tender foes will have a hard time getting the ball across halfcourt, much less setting up their offenses unencumbered.

Of course, you have to be not just a stopper, but an initiator, at the 1-spot. Dunn is showing proficiency in that area as well, his 33.3 assist percentage ranking 11th in the league. In fact, Dunn and the player he now understudies, CP3, are the only players within the league’s Top-15 in both assist and steal percentages, the pair among just a dozen hoopers who averaged at least 15 points and seven dimes per-36. Particularly if Dunn continues his improvement as an off-ball shooter (32.1 3FG%, up from 28.8 3FG% in limited action as a rookie) and enhances his free throw shooting, Chris and Kris may prove to be the best tiny tandem anyone’s seen since the days of Kriss Kross.

His passing proficiency (6.0 APG, 2.9 TOs/game) was all the more encouraging when one searches for the few reliable options he had on his roster last season, the foremost talent being then-rookie Lauri Markkanen, who missed about the same amount of time as Dunn.

Together, Kris and Lauri were the least-effective tandem in the Second City, averaging a net minus-10.5 per 100 possessions. It is argued here, however, that much of that has to do with the deprivation of talent surrounding them, something that won’t be an issue here in Lethalopolis. Here, Dunn can gamble more, knowing that the team defenders around him, like Oladipo and Joel Embiid, won’t collapse.

Down the road, as the savvy Paul gives way to his pupils on the depth chart, Kris and Victor could become the best defensive backcourt in the league, especially under Coach Quin Snyder’s direction. If the offensive skills continue coming along, soon we’ll discover that only Kix Brooks could create more beautiful music alongside Dunn.

You want youth, size, and upside on your roster with improving floor leadership and shooting aplomb? Consider it… Dunn!

Without further ado, let’s keep the ball rolling with the Spud-nacious @Spud2nique!

~lw3