• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft - Picks and Discussion

AHF

3 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Apologies for delay getting the picks in as I got sidetracked yesterday. With the 95th and 98th selections in the 2018 Dynasty draft the turnermx Make it Drizzle select Guard Kevin Huerter and Forward Omari Spellman respectively.  The Drizzle GM and Owner have a lot of confidence in these selections for helping the team in the long run. 

@JayBirdHawk is next and will be PMd.  Trust  in the Process!hehe

The turnermx Make it Drizzle

PG – Lillard/Thomas

SG – Murray/Huerter

SF – Covington/Anderson

PF – Davis/Spellman

C - Whiteside

SoE8j-qi.jpeg

omari_spellman_inline.jpg

I would have took them if they dropped to me in the next round but I really did not expect them to be there. This being a Hawks board and all! Go Hawks!!!

• Like 1

I think I am done for a while. Maybe I get to pick late Sunday or early Monday. So here is my team and how I see them. Old habits are hard to break; and I think I have built, without trying, a more traditional NBA Team. Pops ( already taken ) or Riley ( he is not a coach so I can mention him ) would probably love to coach them.

PG Dennis Smith Jr., Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SG Bradley Beal, Buddy Hield
SF Brandon Ingram, Evan Fournier
PF Karl Anthony Towns
C  Myles Turner
6th Man Otto Porter

I have five selections left and need one coach, a 3rd Big, and a 3rd PG. The 4th player can pretty much be at any position. They will mostly be short stint filler as I think this is the rotation Pops or Riley would be eyeing if they coached us, I am happy with it and think my last two picks really filled out my 25 and under roster nicely. Fournier is the old man as he turns 26 in October. I may chase vets to be player coaches next. Who knows? I sure didn't when I took my first pick,

Go Hawks!!!

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I think I am done for a while. Maybe I get to pick late Sunday or early Monday. So here is my team and how I see them. Old habits are hard to break; and I think I have built, without trying, a more traditional NBA Team. Pops ( already taken ) or Riley ( he is not a coach so I can mention him ) would probably love to coach them.

PG Dennis Smith Jr., Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
SG Bradley Beal, Buddy Hield
SF Brandon Ingram, Evan Fournier
PF Karl Anthony Towns
C  Myles Turner
6th Man Otto Porter

I have five selections left and need one coach, a 3rd Big, and a 3rd PG. The 4th player can pretty much be at any position. They will mostly be short stint filler as I think this is the rotation Pops or Riley would be eyeing if they coached us, I am happy with it and think my last two picks really filled out my 25 and under roster nicely. Fournier is the old man as he turns 26 in October. I may chase vets to be player coaches next. Who knows? I sure didn't when I took my first pick,

Go Hawks!!!

My math is wrong. The 3rd and 4th players can be any position I want.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

What is JayBird's deadline to make her pick?

Because if I can't pick within the next hour, you won't get a pick from me for about the next 6 hours.

You can pm someone your pick as well if they won’t be picking for a while.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

My math is wrong. The 3rd and 4th players can be any position I want.

Technically all your picks can be any position you want.  You are the GM!

• Like 1

• Admin
With the 99th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select 6'-9" SF: Kevin Knox.

Kevin Knox is an intriguing young wing prospect with great size who can score in a variety of ways thanks to his fluidity in the open floor, he has an impressive leaping ability and a nice first step. and his ability to make jump shots in multiple actions and he's only 18 years old.

Possessing a nice combination of size and footspeed he has the tools to become a more impactful rebounder and polished help-side defender as his game matures.

PG: Kemba Walker

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

I think he has rookie of the year potential

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Technically all your picks can be any position you want.  You are the GM!

I know I know lol but I will feel better with a filler point guard and big. I have been trying to draft based on youth, some proven player skills,  and some upside most of the draft. Those last two picks were based on youth and the skill was three point shooting.

Whether it pans out or not, trying to stay 25 and under for as long as possible has been a fun challenge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

With the 99th Selection in the 2018 Hawksquawk Dynasty Draft The Lady JayBurds select 6'-9" SF: Kevin Knox.

Kevin Knox is an intriguing young wing prospect with great size who can score in a variety of ways thanks to his fluidity in the open floor, he has an impressive leaping ability and a nice first step. and his ability to make jump shots in multiple actions and he's only 18 years old.

Possessing a nice combination of size and footspeed he has the tools to become a more impactful rebounder and polished help-side defender as his game matures.

PG: Kemba Walker

SG: Devin Booker, Gary Harris

SF: Taurean Prince, Kevin Knox

PF: Giannis Antetokuonmpo, Bam Adebayo

C: Jusuf Nurkic, Jarrett Allen

@TheNorthCydeRises is up

I almost took Knox over Fournier; but I already had a rookie and a 1st year player as my two point guards. So I went with the experience. Nice pick!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On mobile, so no write up at this moment.

I need a scoring guard. Still a top scorer on the board 

Lou Williams

@capstone21 is up .... I think.

He was on my list of 7 guys for my next pick but he had the special * next to him along with 3 others. When you get a * you special! Nice pick! The ultimate microwave and a fav x Hawk!

• Moderators
On 8/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, lethalweapon3 said:

Top 90 so far. (coaches included)

CORRECTIONS:

First 60 -- West 33, East 27

First 70 -- West 39, East 31

First 80 -- West 46, East 34

First 90 -- West 53, East 37

Rookies: 10

Coaches: 2

First 90, By Divisions:

Southwest 19

Northwest 18

Pacific 16

Atlantic 14

Central 12

Southeast 11 (incl. 3 Hawks)

~lw3

First 100 -- West 56, East 44

(picks 92-96 were from East; until then, no more than 2 consecutive picks from East since picks 34-36)

Rookies: 13

Coaches: 3 

First 100, By Divisions:

Southwest 19

Northwest 19

Pacific 18

Atlantic 16

Southeast 15

Central 13

Top "First 100" Teams:

Celtics 7

Nuggets 6

Warriors 5

HAWKS 5

~lw3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

On mobile, so no write up at this moment.

I need a scoring guard. Still a top scorer on the board 

Lou Williams

@capstone21 is up .... I think.

I thought about taking him back at pick 86.

but i went with MPJ , because i wanted to get one of the rookies with potential before they were all taken.