• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are We Sure ... the Hawks Know What They’re Doing?

HawkItus

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Doncic .591% ts% (that will drop but not to Turner type deep sea depths)

Again...Euro defense, euro inside with a 6'8"frame.  There is no way he's just plunging to the rim in the NBA like I've seen in vids. Completely difference play style in the NBA.

As a reminder. Pero Antic once shot 70.6% from 2 in a 5 game Euro cup. In one 14 game season he scored 18.1 ppg and 9.1 rpg.

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

Billups has a career .580% ts% but had one year with .465% due to combo of bad role and shortened season.  If you remember, I have been burned by a wrench getting thrown into a prior bet with legal issues causing me to lose a bet that was supposed to be based on play.

I was challenged here that Doncic would shoot the ball like Turner and offered a clear bet over a statistically significant period of time.  The full year avatar was intended to account for the longer duration but I’ve got no doubt that kg will still be a Hawks fan then.

The assertion wasn't only about shooting though.

Methinks you tried to bamboozle me with the structure of your bet.  I was born at night but not las' night, AH.  And, even if I was born last night, I been up all day long, brutha.

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

But will he still be lucid?

Good question.

• Moderators
Just now, thecampster said:

Again...Euro defense, euro inside with a 6'8"frame.  There is no way he's just plunging to the rim in the NBA like I've seen in vids. Completely difference play style in the NBA.

As a reminder. Pero Antic once shot 70.6% from 2 in a 5 game Euro cup. In one 14 game season he scored 18.1 ppg and 9.1 rpg.

61 games is a better sample size.  We’ll see how well he actually scores in the NBA but Turner is absolute garbage in this regard.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AHF said:

Doncic .591% ts% (that will drop but not to Turner type deep sea depths)

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Think not?  I mean, we have a 'bets' thread if you're feeling ... lucky.

Shooting was the precise part of my post you called out for a bet!

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wow.  So offensive.  What's gotten into you lately?  Modsplzbann

Lol

That one was a softball.  You gotta admit setups don’t come much easier than that.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Shooting was the precise part of my post you called out for a bet!

Lol

That one was a softball.  You gotta admit setups don’t come much easier than that.

Yeah, had you whiffed on that one I might've lost what little respeck I have left for you (ohhhh!).

And no, I'm not making no bet using shooting % as the measuring stick.

22 hours ago, AHF said:

Keep on moving the goal posts guys. We’ll see what he does in the NBA but his resume is the greatest in Euro history at his age.  

It is really not moving the goal post, I would compare winning the Euro MVP to the Naismith Award winner. The Naismith winner does not always make it but I would take him 99% of the time over the Euro MVP. It is just a different game over there.

• Like 3