• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Are We Sure ... the Hawks Know What They’re Doing?

HawkItus

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

If you think Trae will struggle against NBA comp, just wait until lead foot Luka hits the NBA.

Can't wait to see him against real competition and not losers like Russell Westbrook or when he played against Marc Gasol or when he played against Porzingas.  If he had only played against Kansas State, we would truly know how good he is.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

Can't wait to see him against real competition and not losers like Russell Westbrook or when he played against Marc Gasol or when he played against Porzingas.  If he had only played against Kansas State, we would truly know how good he is.

Just wait until it’s not an exhibition and he’s playing against NBA wings. They’ll be in his pocket all game.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, EazyRoc said:

Just wait until it’s not an exhibition and he’s playing against NBA wings. They’ll be in his pocket all game.

You think he played against Porzingas or the Gasol brothers in an exhibition?

Amazing how the excuses flow for the level of play in college compared to blowing off what is done against grown men.  I'm totally on board with recognizing that the NBA is the highest level of competition in the world but let's be real and admit Doncic's competition last year was tougher than college ball and his play in Europe was outstanding.  

Going then the notion that he could struggle in the NBA is fine with me.  Time will tell.  But the blowing off of what he has done to date is laughable.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Amazing how the excuses flow for the level of play in college compared to blowing off what is done against grown men.

Like Malcolm Delaney!  LOL!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Amazing how the excuses flow for the level of play in college compared to blowing off what is done against grown men.

Neither of those 3 are perimeter players or decent perimeter defenders. I’m amazed at how much meaning you place on exhibition matches, but completely dismiss summer league. 

• Like 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Neither of those 3 are perimeter players or decent perimeter defenders. I’m amazed at how much meaning you place on exhibition matches, but completely dismiss summer league. 

G-league/pre-NBA exhibition matches don't mean as much as playing the OKC Thunder with their regular roster.  Playing non-exhibition matches against the best Spanish players (including but not limited to the Gasol brothers) is better than playing against unorganized G-league/pre-NBA competition.  None of it means as much as the full season performance including regular season and post-season MVP awards and a championship (rather than first round outs in the NCAA tournament against lesser competition).  You know that.

I've got no problem saying SSS against the NBA All-Stars and NBA MVP he has faced.  I've got no problem saying the Euro league isn't NBA caliber.  I've got a big problem pretending like HS competition and college competition is as good as top Euro ball.

• Like 1

Just now, AHF said:

G-league exhibition matches don't mean as much as playing the OKC Thunder with their full staring lineup.  Playing non-exhibition matches against the best Spanish players (including but not limited to the Gasol brothers) is better than playing against unorganized G-league competition.  None of it means as much as the full season performance including regular season and post-season MVP awards and a championship (rather than first round outs in the NCAA tournament against lesser competition).  You know that.

Who else on the Spanish team is even in the NBA ? Even more important, which one of those guys are at least average NBA perimeter defenders ? 

I think we have already covered completely why post season awards and championship have absolutely no  meaning in the context of projecting a player into the pros.

• Moderators
Just now, EazyRoc said:

Who else on the Spanish team is even in the NBA ? Even more important, which one of those guys are at least average NBA perimeter defenders ? 

I think we have already covered completely why post season awards and championship have absolutely no  meaning in the context of projecting a player into the pros.

You know that the people who run projection systems project him to do very well, right?

• Like 1

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

They’ve been wrong before.

Which goal posts are we on now?  His  pre-NBA track record is stellar.  Legit phenom.

Doesnt guarantee him jack in the NBA and results will speak in the end.  That said, the uncertainty about his future is no need to break your back reaching to discredit his past.

8 minutes ago, AHF said:

Which goal posts are we on now?  His  pre-NBA track record is stellar.  Legit phenom.

Doesnt guarantee him jack in the NBA and results will speak in the end.  That said, the uncertainty about his future is no need to break your back reaching to discredit his past.

Huh ? How am I moving the goal post ? I was responding directly to your assertion.

My original entry in the thread had nothing to do with his past. It was about what I saw when I watched him play. 

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, EazyRoc said:

Huh ? How am I moving the goal post ? I was responding directly to your assertion.

My original entry in the thread had nothing to do with his past. It was about what I saw when I watched him play. 

You said projections were a superior basis for projecting NBA players.  Then when confronted with his top notch projections you acted like they aren’t reliable.  He has a great history of play and great projections.  Now time for NBA play for all these rookies.

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

You said projections were a superior basis for projecting NBA players.  Then when confronted with his top notch projections you acted like they aren’t reliable.  He has a great history of play and great projections.  Now time for NBA play for all these rookies.

No I didn’t. What I said was awards and championships don’t mean squat  when determining (projecting) whether or not a player will be a good NBA player. Projecting not projections. 

1 hour ago, EazyRoc said:

How did I lose you here ? 

hace 5 horas, EazyRoc dijo:

Calderon, Rubio, Ibaka, Mirotic, Hernan Gomez brothers, Navarro....all play for Spanish team and are on the NBA, the list is long... players with limited success at Spanish league and Euroleague have had succesful careers at NBA and none of them, Gasol brothers included showed the level of dominance of Doncic

I’m itching for some video of Doncic hooping in the States.  I don’t care, trying to check PG13 at USA camp, playing with thugs at the Drew League, throwing oops to Lil Bronny, something.

Real Madrid did play the OKC Thunder once in a preseason game back in 2016 I think. You can find Doncic highlights highlights of that game easily. He looked like he belonged on the court and I think he was 16 at the time.

7 hours ago, AHF said:

You know that the people who run projection systems project him to do very well, right?

Fran Fraschilla was literally one the highest experts on Doncic and even he doesn't believe he'll be a Superstar. The people that think he's transcendent will be highly disappointed. I think this is a balanced opinion of what he can be that doesn't write off all his flaws by saying hey but he was Euro league MVP at 18. Being MVP at 18 is impressive,  but lets not act like he wasn't in position to play more Euro minutes than any young player I can remember. Young Euros even when good usually have their minutes capped by vetrean seniority system. 

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/college-hoops-analyst-not-overhype-luka-doncic-article-1.3954919%3foutputType=amp

Kent Bazemore is a better 3pt shooter than Doncic, against tougher competition, and it wasn’t even close last year: 39% to 31%. Kent BAZEMORE ?

• Like 2