Preseason Game #3: Hawks vs Thunder 10/07/18

JayBirdHawk

1 hour ago, AHF said:

I am expecting lots of losses but hoping for development from our youngsters.  That won't qualify as a "very bad" season for me anymore than someone shooting a lower % while they break down their shot to fix the fundamentals.  It will be a good season for me if we develop our young guys the right way and add a few more to that pool with our upcoming draft picks and with our projected cap room.

So, you still believe in the myth that proper player development will occur in the setting of intentional losing?

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Diallo has played well. Steal in the 2nd round.

He is what I projected. A much better fit for the NBA than the NCAA. He needs to operate in space to be successful. He doesn't have handles but he moves off the ball well, smart and is very aggressive. 

10 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's not good.

Trash post. Bagley been looking better than JJJ this preseason. JJJ gonna foul out in half of his NBA games this season. Don't forget about your stupid bet that you are going to lose to me and I want my 100 dollars via PayPal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He is what I projected. A much better fit for the NBA than the NCAA. He needs to operate in space to be successful. He doesn't have handles but he moves off the ball well, smart and is very aggressive. 

And nutty athleticism doesn’t hurt either. Wasn’t he the highest vertical at the combine?

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

And nutty athleticism doesn’t hurt either. Wasn’t he the highest vertical at the combine?

Yes. He is a great athlete. He reminds me a lot of PG13 when he came out of Fresno. Raw, talented but raw. He probably was at too high of a college level at UK. Would have been better at a smaller school. 

• Moderators
59 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes. He is a great athlete. He reminds me a lot of PG13 when he came out of Fresno. Raw, talented but raw. He probably was at too high of a college level at UK. Would have been better at a smaller school. 

Definitely a very raw talent.  Would have been well served developing more at college but wanted to go pro ASAP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AHF said:

Definitely a very raw talent.  Would have been well served developing more at college but wanted to go pro ASAP.

Eh, let's be honest, he would've been better served going to a college more interested in actually developing him.  #ShotsFired

Seriously though, I know KY is better at developing than most of the 1-and-doners who typically just want guys close to being finished products (lookin'at you, Duke).  But still ...

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Eh, let's be honest, he would've been better served going to a college more interested in actually developing him.  #ShotsFired

Seriously though, I know KY is better at developing than most of the 1-and-doners who typically just want guys close to being finished products (lookin'at you, Duke).  But still ...

Calipari is not the "be all, end all" of development but Diallo needed multiple years wherever he went.  I do think, however, he would have gone pro direct from HS if he could have.  Just wanted to tag that base.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trash post. Bagley been looking better than JJJ this preseason. JJJ gonna foul out in half of his NBA games this season. Don't forget about your stupid bet that you are going to lose to me and I want my 100 dollars via PayPal

Could of taken him at #34 instead of throwing the pick away. Why not take a chance on a great athlete?