• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks vs Thunder 10/07/18

JayBirdHawk

7 hours ago, capstone21 said:

Dennis playing some hardcore d ... chip on his shoulder maybe? Where was that the last four years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He showed effort on a block against Young on a fast break that I’ve never seen out of him.  He had to save energy for the club scene here in Atlanta I guess.  He could be an excellent defender if he really wanted to.

• Like 2

• Admin
22 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

I thought Alex Len had a good game tonight when he wasn't getting fouls called on him.  I think we have a legit center who could control the middle.  18 points tonight and was in foul trouble for most of the game against a savvy vet.

Len is a big boy ... he was bigger then Adams and that’s saying something 

35 minutes ago, Jeffery123 said:

I thought Alex Len had a good game tonight when he wasn't getting fouls called on him.  I think we have a legit center who could control the middle.  18 points tonight and was in foul trouble for most of the game against a savvy vet.

Len was solid. I like what I've seen from him so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeffery123 said:

Just because Bazemore watched a point guard on TV doesn't mean he is one.  Pass it to a guard and cut.

He had more than a few of those vintage bloopers that defined his “when are we gonna trade Baze?” days.  He shot one of the shortest airball threes I’ve ever seen.

We should be paid to watch this squad without Collins.

• Like 3

Sad to say but the game changed as soon as Bazemore became the focal point. We need to trade him asap.. On another note we played hard. All the foul calls threw off the rhythm of the game but we definitely have to do better making our free throws. Again we played hard but the Thunder played like vets/stars as the game went along. A good overall lesson for our team in my Zaza voice "nothing easy". The tough road is what is going to build champions out of us in a couple years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

The fouls on Len were interesting, especially the early calls.  At the time they were blowing the whistle, it looked like an easy foul call on Len.  But if you wind back tape to a few seconds before, the techniques used by Adams were clearly fouls and Len was just trying to get position back.  Really was a case of a vet knowing how to work it down low but felt bad for Len.  He kept trying to fight back instead of being savvy and letting Adams aggressiveness carry him out of the play. He was fighting for some rebounds that didn't need fighting for.  Adams really got in his head.

Game 2 was no Taurean, Game 3 was no Collins. I'd really like a game where we know the starting 5 and get to see them play together. I'd also like a game where Lin starts and Young comes off the bench to see how he performs.

Side note, I really don't like Poythress. He spends a whole lot of bad energy, gets out of position.  Seems to be giving effort but has very little feel for the game.  As opposed to Spellman who always seems to be giving effort at the right time.

• Like 2

SOME BAD STUFF THAT JUST MAY BE GOOD:

Hawks had several players out for various reasons and they played others.  Hawks are all in a vast learning phase of the year.  We know that some of those players not available last night are team members to keep.  Therefore, we looked at other players that may have to leave if they can't fit in.

Alex Len hopefully learned.  When he watches the film of his foul fest to begin the game, knowing how he was led into what happened, hopefully will make him think next time and prevent some of this.

This is a learning experience for Lloyd P. and his crew.  We shot, and misses, a lot of free throws.  We shot, and missed, a lot of 3's.  We made a ton of fouls as the refs had a field day, blowing their horn.  Apparently, NBA has changed a lot of things and it is becoming harder and harder to really know what is what.  Right now, the WNBA plays a much rougher game that the NBA does!

:ahf:

16 hours ago, deester11 said:

I wouldn't say that.  Watching the telecast, he was open a lot of times.  A few times our guy drove and could have kicked the ball out.  Just didn't happen.  Trae actually is showing me something.  He doesn't back down and knows the opposing pgs are going  to bring it.  

The highlights showed him getting in the lane and finishing quite a few times.

How bad did he really look?

Dennis was taking us nowhere and Trae's ceiling and potential are nice and much higher than Dennis. Not to mention the #MeFirst revolution Dennis had going.

• Like 1