• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #3: Hawks vs Thunder 10/07/18

JayBirdHawk

13 hours ago, Vol4ever said:

Sad state of affairs.  We might win 20.

It's a team of young players. It's expected. But I definitely wouldn't say 'sad' state of affairs. It's  a rebuilding state of affairs with a nice core of young players in Young, Prince, and JC. Add rotational young players in Huerter and Spellman and I like Dedmon.

But no, not sad state. The rebuild was inevitable from when we had Josh Smith and Horford and Joe Johnson. 

Then Horford and Sap. Decent team but not contenders. This was inevitable. 

• Like 2

Just now, JCDBaptist said:

It's a team of young players. It's expected. But I definitely wouldn't say 'sad' state of affairs. It's  a rebuilding state of affairs with a nice core of young players in Young, Prince, and JC. Add rotational young players in Huerter and Spellman and I like Dedmon.

But no, not sad state. The rebuild was inevitable from when we had Josh Smith and Horford and Joe Johnson. 

Seems folk still complaining about the rebuild are suffering from an advanced state of 'lack of situational awareness'.

It's best to just allow them to suffer in silence.  If they're real Hawks fans, they'll come back around once we turn the corner.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Lol what ? Kid is going to be the number 1 pick long as he stays healthy. 

Uh, do we need to rundown the list of college superstar, sure-fire top picks that don't pan out?

His wasn't a bad question.  I think he was just looking for more elaboration on the kid's game.

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

And this bunch is contenders?  Haha.   I've been around a while and seen rebuilds.  There is one time in 40 years and that was Nique.  Unless we get a Lebron, David Robinson, Jordan, Nique,  or Kobe white were stars right away you are just going in a circle. 

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Supposedly he can't shoot that well. 

His shot looked good during those duke exhibition games a few months ago..the kid is a 6’7 scoring playmaker would def be a win for us if we got him. 

Here’s one of the highlights from those games the 3 ball seem to be working fine.

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, thecampster said:

Game 2 was no Taurean, Game 3 was no Collins. I'd really like a game where we know the starting 5 and get to see them play together. I'd also like a game where Lin starts and Young comes off the bench to see how he performs.

Side note, I really don't like Poythress. He spends a whole lot of bad energy, gets out of position.  Seems to be giving effort but has very little feel for the game.  As opposed to Spellman who always seems to be giving effort at the right time.

You mean no Dedmon in games 1,2, or 3.  No Prince in game 2 and not Collins, Lin, or Vince in game 3. 

Agree with your side note.  Poythress doen't know his limitations as a shooter.

• Premium Member

I hate giving 'a review' from boxscores only but....it's preseason:

26 TOs, 18 assists. We seem to be trending in the opposite direction these past 2 games. More TOs than assists.

4/18 for 16 measly points in the 3rd quarter meaning we couldn't make a basket. Conversely, OKC scored 35 points meaning we couldn't stop a basket. Can't score and can't defend = big loss.

10 missed freethrows, they're free for a reason - take them.

12/18, 20/32, 22/32 = 54/82 in 3 games. 

That's 65.8 % ladies and gentlemen. Pre-season or not, That is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bleachkit said:

Supposedly he can't shoot that well. 

I'll go ahead and say I like Zion more than Barrett from what I've seen. Put Zion at C and he can do some Draymond esque things while scoring inside. Zion would bulldoze switches.

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We looked young and played young. Dennis was tryin to mess around and get a triple double to prove to us what we missed out on...problem is you wait for a game that actually counts my German chocolate ? poundcake ? friend.

How often did this fool grab 7 rebounds in a regular season game for us?  Monthly?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

12/18, 20/32, 22/32 = 54/82 in 3 games. 

That's 65.8 % ladies and gentlemen. Pre-season or not, That is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Definately gotta clean that up (Jent). I expect them to be around .700 with the full roster.

Raise your hand if you’re relieved you don’t have to watch Moose and Delaney anymore tho.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

How often did this fool grab 7 rebounds in a regular season game for us?  Monthly?

Definately gotta clean that up (Jent). I expect them to be around .700 with the full roster.

Raise your hand if you’re relieved you don’t have to watch Moose and Delaney anymore tho.

:laugh1:....:cheer: