• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore Should Definitely Be A Star... On ShaqtinAFool

sillent

For once I will admit Bazemore played his most composed game yet in the 2018 - 2019 preseason game against the Spurs. Kudos to coach Pierce and maybe Vince. I see Baze getting more and more composed each game. Even so he still air balled a layup. :ahf2: Even in his best games he is doing something that can easily be put on Shaqtin A Fool. I don't know if Shaq and the media feel sorry for him or he's just not important enough to pay attention to his/our games. I think it's time he get's exposed. Maybe that will shine a light on our frustrations with him and keep interest on our team even during bad moments.

This Spurs game is the best I've seen of Baze this year and I hope he continues to play more and more composed. He wasn't impressive but he wasn't too embarrassing either. It makes the whole team look better and puts him in contention to be a true good to solid player.   

17 minutes ago, sillent said:

For once I will admit Bazemore played his most composed game yet in the 2018 - 2019 preseason game against the Spurs. Kudos to coach Pierce and maybe Vince. I see Baze getting more and more composed each game. Even so he still air balled a layup. :ahf2: Even in his best games he is doing something that can easily be put on Shaqtin A Fool. I don't know if Shaq and the media feel sorry for him or he's just not important enough to pay attention to his/our games. I think it's time he get's exposed. Maybe that will shine a light on our frustrations with him and keep interest on our team even during bad moments.

This Spurs game is the best I've seen of Baze this year and I hope he continues to play more and more composed. He wasn't impressive but he wasn't too embarrassing either. It makes the whole team look better and puts him in contention to be a true good to solid player.   

NOOOOOO!! No Shaqtin a Fool please. His trade value will be as valuable beachfront property in Montana. 

• Like 2

He's been here for a while.  Someone thought that he had earned a huge pay raise.  Still, he's not the complete player that he's capable of becoming.  I'll bet that Lloyd Pierce and his crew have been working with all the Hawks, including Baze. 

Hawks just won an exciting pre season game.  They have a long way to go before they are declared great.  We all know this.  I expect every Hawk to grow and improve as the season opens and we head out toward mid season.

At the end of this expected 20 win season, all Hawks great fans will then declare, "Wow!  What a ride!  Can't wait until next season!"  We may not win many games this season but I'll bet we win some more fans!

:biggrin:

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Hes ok, I just don't understand why Bud thought he deserved 70 million. Bud might have been a solid coach but he was a good awful GM.

No one understood that outside of that being a year of crazy contracts that GMs immediately regretted.  Super easy to see coming at the time but a lot of GMs did it anyway.

5 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

He's been here for a while.  Someone thought that he had earned a huge pay raise.  Still, he's not the complete player that he's capable of becoming.  I'll bet that Lloyd Pierce and his crew have been working with all the Hawks, including Baze. 

Hawks just won an exciting pre season game.  They have a long way to go before they are declared great.  We all know this.  I expect every Hawk to grow and improve as the season opens and we head out toward mid season.

At the end of this expected 20 win season, all Hawks great fans will then declare, "Wow!  What a ride!  Can't wait until next season!"  We may not win many games this season but I'll bet we win some more fans!

:biggrin:

Agreed. I see the work coach Pierce is doing on Baze and the rest of the players game by game and must admit I'm impressed. Bud couldn't do it but Pierce might actually bring out the "real" best in Baze and possibly even make that contract look sane.

4 hours ago, macdaddy said:

He played a good game.   We have a lot of guys who can put the ball in the hoop.   Baze does a lot of things well and is a good defender.   On this team he shouldn't feel the need to "create" as much.

The problem is the last 2/3 seasons Baze has considered himself an alpha or the vet to depend on. I think our young core Prince, Collins, Trae even Bembry and maybe Anderson are showing him along with Carter that he is far behind the list. Play in your place Baze and you will be ok. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, AHF said:

"Stay in your lane" applies to no one on this team like it does to Bazemore.  If he does that, he can be a valuable role player for the long-term.  

It really would be more beneficial to atleast get 25 likes a day. If that was the case you'd definitely get one here and a couple more places as well.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, sillent said:

It really would be more beneficial to atleast get 25 likes a day. If that was the case you'd definitely get one here and a couple more places as well.

This 'like limit' isn't a moderator choice.  It is a limitation of the site that came with an "upgrade" to the platform earlier this year (I think that is the timing and not 2H2017).

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

This 'like limit' isn't a moderator choice.  It is a limitation of the site that came with an "upgrade" to the platform earlier this year (I think that is the timing and not 2H2017).

Good to know. I was starting to wonder who's decision this was. The actual builder of the site can adjust this. It shouldn't slow the site down much to add 15 more likes per user a day. I graduated in Computer Information Systems so I "should" know. Either way it'd be nice if they could somehow make that change so we could give more credit where credit is due.