• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My honest assessment of the Hawks right now!

thecampster

I recently saw where someone said, "I really don't like Alex Len and don't understand why the Hawks wasted their time and money on him.  He's already proven with his former team that he's no good."

Gee.  Wonder what tree he fell out of?  Our new center sure looks like a solid back up, possible starter, to poor, dumb old me.  Maybe it's the team and coaching that makes some players look good or bad.

Read where Vince Carter said that these pre season games ARE important, especially to a young team because here, they learn to play together and how it feels to win!  Personally, that sounds wise to me.

:biggrin:

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

Thug Culture???

When has there ever been a Thug Culture here???

U using code words (Thug) for something else

I think he's taking about attitude. Trae Young is genuinely nice guy, which makes him ready to root for. As opposed to a star that is kinda an a-hole, like John Wall for example.

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

I think he's taking about attitude. Trae Young is genuinely nice guy, which makes him ready to root for. As opposed to a star that is kinda an a-hole, like John Wall for example.

Same John Wall that is active in DC communities ? Nobody have to be nice on the court..majority of these guys grew up playing ball where talking that shit is apart of the culture..that’s basketball..not none of this you get a trophy and a pat on the back good boy bullshit OP is on.

12 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Poster sound like an undercover racist...thug is code for the N word he’s not fooling anyone. 

10 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Same John Wall that is active in DC communities ? Nobody have to be nice on the court..majority of these guys grew up playing ball where talking that shit is apart of the culture..that’s basketball..not none of this you get a trophy and a pat on the back good boy bullshit OP is on.

Cosign

Nice subtle racism there OP

1 hour ago, Bonkers said:

Thug Culture???

When has there ever been a Thug Culture here???

U using code words (Thug) for something else

14 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Poster sound like an undercover racist...thug is code for the N word he’s not fooling anyone. 

I’ll vouch for him and say y’all are wrong bruh. Y’all are reaching.

14 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Personality matters. Look at what happened with Dennis. You need guys that create a positive team culture. You don't have to a be a choir boy or anything. But if you're a grumpy sour acting a-hole all the time, that really sucks for teammates and fans.

20 minutes ago, Macknsweetjones said:

You really need to get a grip or at least google what you are talking about so you don't look like a racist idiot yourself. Thug's origins came from India and was brought over to England dating back to the 14th Century. The word has never had anything to do with race and has always been used to define a person or persons violent and/or criminal behavior.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32538487

• Like 1

• Moderators

Modern use of the word "thug" has been frequently seen as code for criticism of blacks or outright substitution for the N word.  Let's recognize that the posters on here aren't bringing that take to the table (i.e., give each other the benefit of the doubt on this).  If we want a social discussion, take the political discussion to the politics board.  

This thread goes back on topic or gets closed out while it is on the main board.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

You really need to get a grip or at least google what you are talking about so you don't look like a racist idiot yourself. Thug's origins came from India and was brought over to England dating back to the 14th Century. The word has never had anything to do with race and has always been used to define a person or persons violent and/or criminal behavior.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32538487

No you sound like a fool..I’m black I’m not an idiot I know what White people have been doing for years with using the word thug..don’t tell me shit about what I know and live only person here that’s ignorant are the people that’s taking up for this dumb banter by the OP. FOH.

• AHF locked this topic