• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It doesn't make any sense for Vince Carter to be starting.

Wurider05

It's not like we are trotting all rookies out there. We have players who need the minutes, You can only get experience by getting experience. In my opinion, Spellman or Poythress should be starting until JC comes back. It serves no purpose to have Carter out there chucking up shots when someone else could use those minutes. Are we that devoid of talent where a 42-year old is in our starting lineup. Unless we are tanking or something, there is no reason for carter to be starting or playing significant minutes. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Wurider05 said:

It's not like we are trotting all rookies out there. We have players who need the minutes, You can only get experience by getting experience. In my opinion, Spellman or Poythress should be starting until JC comes back. It serves no purpose to have Carter out there chucking up shots when someone else could use those minutes. Are we that devoid of talent where a 42-year old is in our starting lineup. Unless we are tanking or something, there is no reason for carter to be starting or playing significant minutes. 

Yes.

(Spellman missed last game with ankle injury)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

Yes.  We are devoid of talent. 

Vince is our 3rd leading scorer and 3rd best shooter.   At least by Vince starting early in the season, he's making it much easier to reach that 25,000 point plateau for his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Yes.  We are devoid of talent. 

Vince is our 3rd leading scorer and 3rd best shooter.   At least by Vince starting early in the season, he's making it much easier to reach that 25,000 point plateau for his career.

All he needs to do to get 25,000 is not have an early season ending injury. Even if he only averaged 4 points a game he would get it before Christmas. 

I don't have a problem with him starting while Collins is out. I'm a fan of Spellman, but he's too raw to throw into the starting lineup immediately. Our team is wild enough at the moment even with Vince's veteran presence out there. And Poythress fouled out in 21 minutes in game 1.

• Like 1

• Moderators
All he needs to do to get 25,000 is not have an early season ending injury. Even if he only averaged 4 points a game he would get it before Christmas. 

I don't have a problem with him starting while Collins is out. I'm a fan of Spellman, but he's too raw to throw into the starting lineup immediately. Our team is wild enough at the moment even with Vince's veteran presence out there. And Poythress fouled out in 21 minutes in game 1.

Cool, something to root for.

• Like 1

I think it’s more of a nod to the fact Vince was told when he signed that he wouldn’t just be some honorary coach in uniform, that’s hed get real minutes. With Collins out I think it’s easier to just throw him out there and go with the flow.

Tonight was a great example, we started him in both halves but when it was obvious other guys had the hot hand he sat and watched.

• Like 2