• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trae gets a ton of boards per ESPN

Spud2nique

8.3 rebounds is a ton for a 6’2” point guard!!!

It’s the game thread from ESPN...wow...thank god for lw3!

Atlanta fans will get their first look at high-scoring rookie Trae Young and their newly refurbished State Farm Arena when the Atlanta Hawks host the Dallas Mavericks in their home opener on Wednesday.

The Hawks (1-2) turned over their roster in a rebuilding effort, centered around Young, the 6-foot-2 guard from Oklahoma. The results have been good so far for Young, who is averaging 23 points and 8.3 rebounds.

http://www.espn.com/nba/preview?gameId=401070733

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

This sums it up

Sad but true.  Heard some stuff on NBARadio on the Cavs players being told, prior to our game, that management was mandating TLue had to start going young.  Sorta explains why they basically looked out of sorts and appeared to give up in the 2nd half.

Also, I coulda sworn the thread title said 'broads'. :ohmy:

Some are good.  Some are not.  I believe we're the top "are not" team in the NBA.  Expecting to come out on the short end of some games, for sure, but expecting some wins mixed in there too!

:biggrin:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Sad but true.  Heard some stuff on NBARadio on the Cavs players being told, prior to our game, that management was mandating TLue had to start going young.  Sorta explains why they basically looked out of sorts and appeared to give up in the 2nd half.

This is bad news. Not the broads thing I’m used to that... the whole Cavs being crappy... first off we should have made the Korver trade a top 5 protected pick altho they prolly would have said no 2 years ago.

Secondly, I was duped into thinking that just because the Cavs had some veterans on their team, that they may possibly have some pride in them and not just want to be labeled as “the crew that was carried by Lebron” their whole lives... maybe they do. You know who suffers though, me, as bleachkit is gonna turn my avatar into a donkeys ass most likely...damn

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This is bad news. Not the broads thing I’m used to that... the whole Cavs being crappy... first off we should have made the Korver trade a top 5 protected pick altho they prolly would have said no 2 years ago.

Secondly, I was duped into thinking that just because the Cavs had some veterans on their team, that they may possibly have some pride in them and not just want to be labeled as “the crew that was carried by Lebron” their whole lives... maybe they do. You know who suffers though, me, as bleachkit is gonna turn my avatar into a donkeys ass most likely...damn

Dang, that sucks (for you).  Heh, I think I offered to consult on the avatar selections on many of these ongoing bets so ... yeah, you should be worried.

I got the impression that Lue is pushing back on the mandate though so we'll see what happens.  There are too many vets on their team to got that route, imho.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh, I think I offered to consult on the avatar selections on many of these ongoing bets so ... yeah, you should be worried.

I’m very worried and I even had a dream last night that you bird and bleachkit gave me a Rob Kardashian avatar and I woke up in a bed ? of sweat ?...

Ya, I mean having Love, Tristan, Hill, Clarkson, Hood, Korver....win a game..smh ?‍♂️ 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
42 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m very worried and I even had a dream last night that you bird and bleachkit gave me a Rob Kardashian avatar and I woke up in a bed ? of sweat ?...

Ya, I mean having Love, Tristan, Hill, Clarkson, Hood, Korver....win a game..smh ?‍♂️ 

What are you not telling us...:thinking:

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Makes you think that K-Love will be deadline trade fodder.

I first read the title as "BROADS" instead of "boards (rebounds). and I thought, "That's probably accurate - especially after his amazing performance last game. But what a weird ESPN thing to report on. Like, is ESPN gangsta now?"

Then I re-read the title and chuckled and then hung my head in shame...

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What are you not telling us...:thinking:

That he has dreams about Rob Kardashian that leave his bed ... [     ]?

Geez, burd.  That's out of line.  Why'd you lead me down that road.  I blame you.

7 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

Makes you think that K-Love will be deadline trade fodder.

The dude said they still like and want to keep him.  Holy mixed messages, batman.

Screams dysfunction on a level unseen since ... well, since Buttz was our POBO.

7 hours ago, TheTruth said:

I first read the title as "BROADS" instead of "boards (rebounds). and I thought, "That's probably accurate - especially after his amazing performance last game. But what a weird ESPN thing to report on. Like, is ESPN gangsta now?"

Then I re-read the title and chuckled and then hung my head in shame...

Glad I'm not the only one.  Great (deranged) minds think alike?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Geez, burd.  That's out of line.  Why'd you lead me down that road.  I blame you.

Bird ? is out to...wait sorry, ? is out to get me!!!! DANGER! DANGER!!!

ok fine bird, I’m sorry I said that you took over @GrimeyKidd‘s job, left him homeless and hungry to deliver a hawks article to us via BR or ESPN or something.

You didn’t take his job. You were always my paper delivery girl ok???

Crap, reading it out loud that half a$$ apology sucked...

• Like 1