• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawk With Best Shooting Form

AUhawksfan

....of all-time.  Taurean got me thinking about this.  I love a pure shooting stroke.  I'm talking about strictly form here, not based on the numbers as a whole.  Who do you have?  Here are my top 3:

1.  Taurean - Compact and super smooth for a guy his size.  Always has a good fluid jump with no hitch.  I love watching this kid shoot.

2.  Joe Johnson - For such a muscular guy, he kept really good form on his shot.  

3.  Steve Smith - Smitty could put it up with the best of them and always had a nice follow through.  He really inspired me to focus more on my shooting form.

• Like 1

Just throwing this out there ...NOT saying he’s in my top 3 but since we are speaking of shooting forms I have always thought that Josh Smith had a very good looking shot in terms of form even though that shit never went in ? 

not saying it was perfect by any means but i didn’t think his form was horrible either even though every hawks fan screamed “NO” when he’s shot the ball ? 

11 hours ago, AUhawksfan said:

....of all-time.  Taurean got me thinking about this.  I love a pure shooting stroke.  I'm talking about strictly form here, not based on the numbers as a whole.  Who do you have?  Here are my top 3:

1.  Taurean - Compact and super smooth for a guy his size.  Always has a good fluid jump with no hitch.  I love watching this kid shoot.

2.  Joe Johnson - For such a muscular guy, he kept really good form on his shot.  

3.  Steve Smith - Smitty could put it up with the best of them and always had a nice follow through.  He really inspired me to focus more on my shooting form.

I like this list and like Benhill I’ll add Kyle who was my fav. Jamal had a nice easy stroke but he had that John Starks hot or not where he could really win or lose a game for you.

For our  team now I think Huerter has a machine ball like mechanical release which will make him really good and Trae has an easy release too. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JTB said:

Just throwing this out there ...NOT saying he’s in my top 3 but since we are speaking of shooting forms I have always thought that Josh Smith had a very good looking shot in terms of form even though that shit never went in ? 

not saying it was perfect by any means but i didn’t think his form was horrible either even though every hawks fan screamed “NO” when he’s shot the ball ? 

For a lefty you’re right, I thought it was decent.  If he was quick with his realease it usually helped but I remember sometimes watching him cocking it up slowly and being like “oh no....”

1 hour ago, AHF said:

It was too early for me to be looking at form, but a couple 80s names jump to mind as potentially having solid form.  How do Eddie Johnson, Randy Wittman and Reggie Theus stack up?

Might as well throw Koncak in there. Koncak is my worst 5 Hawk ever but you can’t really knock his shooting form specially for a big. Plus the fact that he was drafted before Karl Malone didn’t sit well with me...and others dang we screwed that 85 draft up badly.