• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grateful for these Vets attitudes toward our young guys

JTB

I don’t know if you guys have seen it but the breaking story this morning is that the Cavs vets are basically bashing Colin Sexton stating he doesn’t know his role. Smh...as if he should be perfect ??‍♂️

and I was just thinking how absolutely pissed I’d be if our vets were treating Trae or any of our young guys like that! ...talk about being a hater ! It’s disgusting to see vets talk down on a rookie anc idiotic at the same time as it’s just been 9 games into his career!

Anyways for our hawks I understand we may not have the top of the line vets in terms of skills but these vets attitudes towards our young players of the future is just flat out awesome and I appreciate that!

i know Sexton isn’t a hawk but man that’s wrong for any vet to shit on him to the public media like that...we are going to see some rough times this season but obviously things could be worse like what’s going on in Cleveland 

• Like 4

Hawks brought in two vets, not to talk down to them but to encourage them and help them grow, both as NBA players and as young men.

Jeremy Lin and Vince Carter may not be great stars right now but they sure have shown themselves to be great team mates.  Makes me proud to be a Hawk fan!

:approved:

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I had to read the story...

Things are not good for the Cleveland Cavaliers right now and the future is beginning to look anything but positive. Joe Vardon of The Athletic reports that there is a major divide in the locker room and it is first-round pick Collin Sexton that the veterans lack confidence in:

“It’s becoming increasingly clear that when you hear a Cavs veteran talk about younger players not knowing their role, or knowing how to win, or what to do on the court, they mean Sexton. Throughout the organization, the line on Sexton is that he does not “know how to play.” He doesn’t know how to defend the pick and roll. He doesn’t know how to set up teammates as a point guard.”

While George Hill reportedly told Sexton he would teach him how to play defense, the players in the locker room don’t think he will even listen to him.

“They still think he’s a nice kid. But they see his deficiencies, they know he’s going to be on the court, and they’re discouraged when after these losses, he doesn’t seem bothered by them.

We can kiss those 1st round picks, buh bye.

• Like 1

That just tells me the Cavs have poor locker room leaders. The easy thing is to blame Sexton. 

He’s a rookie, he has plenty of time to learn and grow. Who has taken this as an opportunity to take him under their wing and teach him?  He may have issues that can’t be fixed but it sounds like they’re just giving up and ratting him out rather than challenge him directly. What a punk move. 

All I’ve heard is good things about Vince.  He seems like the type of guy that gets respect from the young guys because he gives his time and respect to them. I’m glad he decided to suit up one more year. 

• Like 4

I agree it's a dirtbag move to call the guy out publicly.  To play devil's advocate a bit, it sounds like some have tried to work with him and he appears unwilling to listen.

To me, it doesn't sound like they're scapegoating him necessarily.  Sounds like they're frustrated with him and, since their dirtbags, aren't keeping it in-house like they should.

Koby Altman has a forest fire on his hands and all he's got to fight it with is more gasoline.

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I agree it's a dirtbag move to call the guy out publicly.  To play devil's advocate a bit, it sounds like some have tried to work with him and he appears unwilling to listen.

To me, it doesn't sound like they're scapegoating him necessarily.  Sounds like they're frustrated with him and, since their dirtbags, aren't keeping it in-house like they should.

Koby Altman has a forest fire on his hands and all he's got to fight it with is more gasoline.

How bout this trade..

Cavs get: Jimmy Butler

Wolves ? get: Sexton, Clarkson, Dekker

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9voh5u7

25 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

That just tells me the Cavs have poor locker room leaders. The easy thing is to blame Sexton. 

He’s a rookie, he has plenty of time to learn and grow. Who has taken this as an opportunity to take him under their wing and teach him?  He may have issues that can’t be fixed but it sounds like they’re just giving up and ratting him out rather than challenge him directly. What a punk move. 

All I’ve heard is good things about Vince.  He seems like the type of guy that gets respect from the young guys because he gives his time and respect to them. I’m glad he decided to suit up one more year. 

Yes sir! Vince is one of the good vets to have on a squad for sure. Nice to see you again AU!

• Like 1

• Admin

Its why you avoid locker room cancers like JR Smith.  His effort and attitude never helps a young team.

George Hill has actually offered to mentor Sexton, especially on D but he has rebuffed that.

They do have guys like Korver but I don't think he is a Cav much longer.  OKC should find a way to grab him pronto.

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, that's why I say he's not innocent here either.

Ya I mean Sexton is a lil off. Even during the draft he didn’t seem super motivated for the future he was more happy to be in the moment, which is fine but something was missing from his demeanor that I didn’t care for if I’m drafting him.

Ps He might have been high too so I dunno ??‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Ya I mean Sexton is a lil off. Even during the draft he didn’t seem super motivated for the future he was more happy to be in the moment, which is fine but something was missing from his demeanor that I didn’t care for if I’m drafting him.

Ps He might have been high too so I dunno ??‍♂️ 

That's offensive, spud.  Unlike you and ma$e, not everyone wakes up every morning with an 8ball instead of coffee. :blink:

In fairness though, Sexton never had a lot of nuance to his game so it should never have come as a surprise that he had some stuff to learn.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's offensive, spud.  Unlike you and ma$e, not everyone wakes up every morning with an 8ball instead of coffee. :blink:

In fairness though, Sexton never had a lot of nuance to his game so it should never have come as a surprise that he had some stuff to learn.

Tons of dysfunction in Cleveland but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is all the vets that are bad apples in Cleveland.  Doesn't surprise me to hear that Sexton lacks fundamentals, is unwilling to learn from people and seems un-bothered by the losing which pisses the vets off.  Combine that with the vets getting shunted to the side and being unhappy with playing time and several of them being prima donnas in their own right and you've got a nice recipe for some major league toxicity.

And, in fairness to Spud, a "dog of the nine" or 8ball mixed with coffee is supposed to be pretty tasty!

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Tons of dysfunction in Cleveland but I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it is all the vets that are bad apples in Cleveland.  Doesn't surprise me to hear that Sexton lacks fundamentals, is unwilling to learn from people and seems un-bothered by the losing which pisses the vets off.  Combine that with the vets getting shunted to the side and being unhappy with playing time and several of them being prima donnas in their own right and you've got a nice recipe for some major league toxicity.

And, in fairness to Spud, a "dog of the nine" or 8ball mixed with coffee is supposed to be pretty tasty!

Uhm ... wha?

Confusion

Then again, that explains a lot.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Lol ? honestly on draft night Sexton reminded me of Nick Young during his draft night. Nick was like...yeeeaaa I get to play with gilbert Arenas.. 10 years later Sexton: yeaaaa come back Lebron we can do things...

i dunno he seemed off.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Haha ? nice.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Uhm ... wha?

Confusion

Then again, that explains a lot.

Lmao ? exactly...it’s AHF’s hippy way of saying I RULE! ? 

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol ? honestly on draft night Sexton reminded me of Nick Young during his draft night. Nick was like...yeeeaaa I get to play with gilbert Arenas.. 10 years later Sexton: yeaaaa come back Lebron we can do things...

i dunno he seemed off.

That interview was a bit cringe-worthy.   "Yeah uh, Lebron we can do .. things?"  Wha?

Tough spot to put the kid in.

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Lmao ? exactly...it’s AHF’s hippy way of saying I RULE! ? 

More like a cry for help from AH who apparently is a raging junkie (just like we all knew).