• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Grateful for these Vets attitudes toward our young guys

JTB

12 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That interview was a bit cringe-worthy.   "Yeah uh, Lebron we can do .. things?"  Wha?

Tough spot to put the kid in.

More like a cry for help from AH who apparently is a raging junkie (just like we all knew).

Haha ? that’s true they did put him in a horrible spot with that question but something tells me Trae would have answered it a bit more professionally. 

@AHF just blew my mind on the other thread. @kg01 did you know that neither Don Nelson or Doug Moe are responsible for the threes we see today. It was that turd ? Pitino apparently, I had no idea the Knicks were chucking in 1987. On this note, I found myself super annoyed during the game on Saturday vs the Heat in the middle of the 1st quarter the two teams started exchanging 3’s withno defense!!!! Like prolly 3 or 4 threes each way. I just started yelling at the tv like WTF!!!! GET UR MAN OFF THE THREE POINT LINE!!! Seriously just tighten the space between you and ur man and allow him to drive. In about 3 years we are gonna be getting some seriously flawed kids coming out of college thinking they are Trae but not realizing Trae’s number 1 asset is PASSING! 

Memo to league: For the love of God do something about these threes. It’s not fair to Dale Ellis that he had to work so hard for his threes and today each player can get up like 5 or 6 a game when back in the day that’s all a team took.

Seriously: DEFEND!

Sorry for the rant

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Haha ? that’s true they did put him in a horrible spot with that question but something tells me Trae would have answered it a bit more professionally. 

@AHF just blew my mind on the other thread. @kg01 did you know that neither Don Nelson or Doug Moe are responsible for the threes we see today. It was that turd ? Pitino apparently, I had no idea the Knicks were chucking in 1987. On this note, I found myself super annoyed during the game on Saturday vs the Heat in the middle of the 1st quarter the two teams started exchanging 3’s withno defense!!!! Like prolly 3 or 4 threes each way. I just started yelling at the tv like WTF!!!! GET UR MAN OFF THE THREE POINT LINE!!! Seriously just tighten the space between you and ur man and allow him to drive. In about 3 years we are gonna be getting some seriously flawed kids coming out of college thinking they are Trae but not realizing Trae’s number 1 asset is PASSING! 

Memo to league: For the love of God do something about these threes. It’s not fair to Dale Ellis that he had to work so hard for his threes and today each player can get up like 5 or 6 a game when back in the day that’s all a team took.

Seriously: DEFEND!

Sorry for the rant

So you're telling me the KY fan is crediting Pitino for spearheading everything going on in the league today?

Yea OK

Per the interwebs, I found a few other things Pitino pioneered ...

the wheel, daylight savings time, hip hop music and the interwebs itself.

Apparently AH just outed himself as Tim Sypher.

(Ok, that was a low blow.  Self-ban, AH)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, kg01 said:

So you're telling me the KY fan is crediting Pitino for spearheading everything going on in the league today?

Yea OK

Per the interwebs, I found a few other things Pitino pioneered ...

Apparently AH just outed himself as Tim Sypher.

(Ok, that was a low blow.  Self-ban, AH)

Just for clarification, I said Pitino was implementing in the 1980's what has become standard in today's game - wanting every shot to be a 3 or a layup/dunk.  I don't think he was the blueprint for the league (it took the better part of a decade before anyone reached that level so safe to say people viewed him more as looney than as a blueprint) but he was way ahead of his time trying to basically run a rudimentary version of today's game back 20 years ago.  

Not a coincidence UK went from 302 3pt attempts the season before he came on to 810 attempts his first year coaching the team.  It was a very deliberate emphasis and he pushed it to a degree that wasn't really part of the game in the NBA or for most college programs.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Just for clarification, I said Pitino was implementing in the 1980's what has become standard in today's game - wanting every shot to be a 3 or a layup/dunk.  I don't think he was the blueprint for the league (it took the better part of a decade before anyone reached that level so safe to say people viewed him more as looney than as a blueprint) but he was way ahead of his time trying to basically run a rudimentary version of today's game back 20 years ago.  

Not a coincidence UK went from 302 3pt attempts the season before he came on to 810 attempts his first year coaching the team.  It was a very deliberate emphasis and he pushed it to a degree that wasn't really part of the game in the NBA or for most college programs.

An excerpt from Naismith's autobiography read, in part ...

"So I turn to this young fella ... name-a Pitino?  He tells me, 'Mr. Naismith, sir, why don't you use a peach basket?'  I say, I was flabbergasted.  Everybody credits me for inventin' this fine game but I say the credit should go to that whipper-snapper.  What an ingenious young man." 

Seriously though, I get what you're saying.  I haven't given you the bidness in a while.  Didn't want you to think I'd changed.

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

And windex! (Although a strong disagreement coming from my big fat (not mine hehe) Greek wedding’s father..) ? 

Next claim from AHF: Antoine invented the shimmy shake at Kentucky in 96 while failing in his attempt to dance ? regularly at a normal pace...aka KID WAS LIT! ? 

44 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Off topic but speaking of the Cavs, Edy Tavares overseas playing for Real Madrid.  He was a good G-League player but I’m sure the duckets over there are nicer.  Yet another awesome Hawks draftee.

Yeah it's kind of sad I saw him play more in Doncic's highlights than when he was a Hawk. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Vince is one of the good vets to have on a squad for sure. Nice to see you again AU!

I’ve been lurking but a 6 month old, 3 year old, and a new business has kept me fairly busy. 

I see you guys though!  I’m watching....lol

• Like 1

Speaking of Hawks' vets, sounds like the team's real leader is Miles ... from reality ...

Purveyor of Fun: Miles Plumlee Leans on Burning Man Experience to Lead Hawks

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/01/miles-plumlee-hawks-burning-man-unicycle-trae-young

... Plumlee’s veteran presence is as valuable as Trae Young’s dynamism, Kevin Huerter potential and Omari Spellman’s versatility. Plumlee’s summer odyssey can only benefit Pierce’s efforts to foster a fresh Hawks culture. “The common bond between human being and human being there, it’s different,” Plumlee says. “When you leave Burning Man, you want to share that with the world and try and spread some of that.”

What in the world am I reading?

I guess I should just accept it as good pub for the squad.

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Speaking of Hawks' vets, sounds like the team's real leader is Miles ... from reality ...

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/11/01/miles-plumlee-hawks-burning-man-unicycle-trae-young

A crazy amount of exaggeration.  Plumlee's "presence" is as valuable as the development of our rookies?  :gtfo:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AHF said:

A crazy amount of exaggeration.  Plumlee's "presence" is as valuable as the development of our rookies?  :gtfo:

You underestimate the power of the burning man?

But yeah, that whole thing was a massive reach bordering on being ridiculous.  Did somebody lose a bet to have to write a freaking feature on Miles Bumlee?  Have they not actually watched him/us play?  Worse, did they watch us play and all they could come up with was a weird-arse story about Bumlee?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, kg01 said:

44 minutes ago, AHF said:

He and that writer gotta be hi. 

A Miles Plumlee article, smh.