• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good article on Young

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Why do you have to through shade at Young?  That's the problem I have with your comment.  I  highlighted exactly what I was responding to.  

Young isn't just a regular prospect to be taken in the draft.  He's the only freshmen ever taken to lead the NCAA in points and assists ( I know turnovers too).   

There are many more doubters of Young's transition to the NBA than Luka's.  They both have pressure to perform up to their draft status.  Arguing about who has more is just subjective. 

Young has proven you wrong that he's not Jimmy Fredette  and you still can't resist demeaning him. 

Have you never posted on this board before? There's been so many people openly mocking Doncic and hoping he'd fail than you can throw a stick at.

I'm not throwing shade at Young. You ignored the rest of my original post. I have nothing against Young. I even made a topic before the season started that I was hoping he would be great. What I am objecting to is people saying he has more pressure than Doncic because that's just silly homer talk. Young doesn't have a continent of people's hopes and dreams riding on his shoulders that all the hype and the projections pan out.

That's all I'm saying.

3 hours ago, marco102 said:

No one expected Young to be some kind of franchise savior and he wouldn't have been even a top five pick in this draft if we weren't in the top five.

You claim that Young is no franchise savior (your opinion not fact) could have completely left that out if you wanted to talk about pressure which is subjective.

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

If by "varying" you mean one is the best Euro prospect in the history of the sport and the other is just a regular prospect taken in the draft then yes, much variance.

I pointed out Young is no ordinary prospect. He's the ONLY true Freshman to lead the NCAA in points and assists. That in itself makes him not some ordinary prospect.

Like I said you could have left the demeaning comments out.  Like I didn't say one disparaging thing about Doncic in my posts.

I don't understand why you are bringing up what other posters are writing about Doncic on here are saying about a Hawks message board. If they want him to fail, it's just them being a Hawks fan.   You know the meaning of fanatic, right?  It sure as hell doesn't have reasonable in the definition. 

I wanted Doncic on draft nightand renounced my fandom when the Hawks selected Trae, but I'm still here supporting him. 

I will admit that, but he's played well above my expectations and I'm pretty sure he's played well above yours since you were calling him the next Jimmy Fredette.

9 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Have you never posted on this board before? There's been so many people openly mocking Doncic and hoping he'd fail than you can throw a stick at.

I'm not throwing shade at Young. You ignored the rest of my original post. I have nothing against Young. I even made a topic before the season started that I was hoping he would be great. What I am objecting to is people saying he has more pressure than Doncic because that's just silly homer talk. Young doesn't have a continent of people's hopes and dreams riding on his shoulders that all the hype and the projections pan out.

That's all I'm saying.

LL Cool J

What?  Nah, I didn't mean anything by it.  I was just really jones'in for some LL.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sothron said:

That's all I'm saying.

Wait a god damn minute now. Weren’t you the one comparing Trae to Lou Williams and Jimmer Fredette ? Were you not in meltdown mode all pre-season ? You may have changed your tune, but the stink still lingers.

• Like 3

• Moderators

As some have said they both have pressure on them.  It's silly to say one has more than another.   Trae is easily the one most predicted to be a bust out of the top of this draft.  I don't see how that's any less pressure than moving from Euro to NBA.   And they are the same damn age.  Quit giving us that Luka is younger crap.  They are closer to being twins than irish twins.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

As some have said they both have pressure on them.  It's silly to say one has more than another.   Trae is easily the one most predicted to be a bust out of the top of this draft.  I don't see how that's any less pressure than moving from Euro to NBA.   And they are the same damn age.  Quit giving us that Luka is younger crap.  They are closer to being twins than irish twins.  

In fairness, Young is 5 months older so ... big deal, man.  He should legally change his name to Trae Old.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Sothron said:

If by "varying" you mean one is the best Euro prospect in the history of the sport and the other is just a regular prospect taken in the draft then yes, much variance. :cool:

Regular prospect? WOW!!! by what measure?

That he's 'local' so he doesn't have to worry about being in a foreign country? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Doncic has far more pressure on him than Young. He's the highest rated Euro prospect in the history of basketball. His team gave up a lottery pick to move up to get him. He is half a year younger than Young. He's already outplaying Young. The pressure on him to prove he was worth it is far heavier than Young. No one expected Young to be some kind of franchise savior and he wouldn't have been even a top five pick in this draft if we weren't in the top five.

This was a good article. Young needs more talent around him to take advantage of what he can do. Hopefully the next two drafts coming up after this year will give him that help.

Trae Young(the most polarizing player since like forever) was traded for the "highest rated Euro prospect in the history of basketball", and there's "far more pressure" on the other player? Really? lol

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm giving him a hard time only because I think he's being unfair.  I wasn't a Young-guy either ... not at all, but I'm giving the dude a chance.  That's all we can do.

This - and so far, I'm pleased and excited. 

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Regular prospect? WOW!!! by what measure?

That he's 'local' so he doesn't have to worry about being in a foreign country? 

Local because he's the Hawks prospect so ofc Hawks fans are going to saying he has more pressure than a kid with an entire continent riding on his shoulders. Young is a regular prospect. Doncic is not. Saying they both have the same pressure is silly homer talk.

The posts I'm seeing are just proving that point for me. Trying to taint my posts as being SHADE (not you jay but the other joker) is again proving my point for me. Attacking the messenger by trying to ascribe some kind of personal agenda instead of arguing the point is straw man being straw man.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Local because he's the Hawks prospect so ofc Hawks fans are going to saying he has more pressure than a kid with an entire continent riding on his shoulders. Young is a regular prospect. Doncic is not. Saying they both have the same pressure is silly homer talk.

The posts I'm seeing are just proving that point for me. Trying to taint my posts as being SHADE (not you jay but the other joker) is again proving my point for me. Attacking the messenger by trying to ascribe some kind of personal agenda instead of arguing the point is straw man being straw man.

I meant local because he's American, so he doesn't have the pressure of acclimating to a different country.

Basketball wise, the pressures are similar and yet varied based on each franchises current standing.

Expectations are high for both.

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Saying Luka has the pressure of an entire continent riding on his shoulders is the biggest exaggeration in the history of the world. 

• Like 3