• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Good article on Young

Brotha2ThaNite

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I meant local because he's American, so he doesn't have the pressure of acclimating to a different country.

Basketball wise, the pressures are similar and yet varied based on each franchises current standing.

Expectations are high for both.

Does Young have an entire continent watching him and hoping he pans out to validate the hype of being the best Euro prospect of all time? This is what I'm talking about. Both guys have pressure to be good NBA players but one guy has a continent riding his shoulders. One does not.

I don't understand how this is as a hard of concept to understand that it is being made out to be.

30 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I haven't gotten past the notion that Luka has obviously far out performed Trae this season.

On a night to night basis, Luka's shooting has been far more consistent than Trae's.   That's about the only area one can look at and differentiate the two.   

Trae gets way more assists, with a better assist to turnover ratio and Luka gets more rebounds, which is to be expected. 

They both are playing really well for rookies if you ask me. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Does Young have an entire continent watching him and hoping he pans out to validate the hype of being the best Euro prospect of all time? This is what I'm talking about. Both guys have pressure to be good NBA players but one guy has a continent riding his shoulders. One does not.

I don't understand how this is as a hard of concept to understand that it is being made out to be.

Well Trae Young has a country the size of the entire continent of Europe rooting for him?  Is that how your logic is supposed to work.   There are PLENTY of people in Europe who do not give a damn about basketball and could careless what the hell Luka is doing in the US.   Please stop this exaggeration. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

On a night to night basis, Luka's shooting has been far more consistent than Trae's.   That's about the only area one can look at and differentiate the two.   

Trae gets way more assists, with a better assist to turnover ratio and Luka gets more rebounds, which is to be expected. 

They both are playing really well for rookies if you ask me. 

Their pers are basically identical!

Trae at 15.71

Luka at 15.83

I don't see the huge difference between the 2

Trae would avg 15+ assists with Deandre Jordan at center catching alleyoops instead of slippery hands cant make a layup Len. DSmith JR instead of out of control Baze . Barnes instead of the turnover machine Prince etc.......................................lol

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, terrell said:

Trae would avg 15+ assists with Deandre Jordan at center catching alleyoops instead of slippery hands cant make a layup Len. DSmith JR instead of out of control Baze . Barnes instead of the turnover machine Prince etc.......................................lol

When was the last time any PG with any collection of teammates averaged 15 apg?

I'll give you a hint.  It has never been done before in the history of the NBA.  So we are taking that as a given with Deandre "next time I do more than shoot at the rim will be the first time" Jordan, (at least as much out of control and more ball hoggy as Baze) DSmith, and Harrison "Do I define mediocre or just exemplify it?" Barnes?  Come on.  

Trae has been great and I can't wait to see him with Collins catching those balls.  He should immediately be a better target for assists than anyone on the Mavs.  But arguing that Trae needs to start setting records once he gets a couple of 'meh' teammates?  lol indeed.

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'll give you a hint.  It has never been done before in the history of the NBA.  So we are taking that as a given with Deandre "next time I do more than shoot at the rim will be the first time" Jordan, (at least as much out of control and more ball hoggy as Baze) DSmith, and Harrison "Do I define mediocre or just exemplify it?" Barnes?  Come on.  

Trae has been great and I can't wait to see him with Collins catching those balls.  He should immediately be a better target for assists than anyone on the Mavs.  But arguing that Trae needs to start setting records once he gets a couple of 'meh' teammates?  lol indeed.

:approved: 

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

Im not arguing anything. Just saying I think Doncic has better teammates than Trae. Plus a vet HC. Thats all.. If you disagree fine. 

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Im not arguing anything. Just saying I think Doncic has better teammates than Trae. Plus a vet HC. Thats all.. If you disagree fine. 

"better and more experienced teammates"...

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, terrell said:

I'm not arguing with that. I just think 15 apg is a ridiculous expectation even if Trae was playing with the GS Warriors roster.

Dallas has a sub-mediocre roster apart from Doncic.  That is better than we have this year in the absence of John Collins.  

Personally, I expect Collins to immediately step in as the best teammate of either Young or Doncic once he has his legs back under him.

Just now, AHF said:

I'm not arguing with that. I just think 15 apg is a ridiculous expectation even if Trae was playing with the GS Warriors roster.

Dallas has a sub-mediocre roster apart from Doncic.  That is better than we have this year in the absence of John Collins.  

Personally, I expect Collins to immediately step in as the best teammate of either Young or Doncic once he has his legs back under him.

15 assists was a joke not an expectation..Hell hes avg 8 with a bunch of scrubs..lol. Just sayin. And Deandre doesnt have to shoot to get you a ton of assists. You know that. His FG% is always off the charts. 

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, terrell said:

15 assists was a joke not an expectation..Hell hes avg 8 with a bunch of scrubs..lol. Just sayin. And Deandre doesnt have to shoot to get you a ton of assists. You know that. His FG% is always off the charts. 

He literally does.  The only way you get assists is when someone shoots the ball.  It is hard to generate tons of assists for anyone when you shoot the ball less than 7 times per game.

Barnes 13.6 FGA/gm

Matthews 13.3 FGA/gm

Smith 13.0 FGA/gm

JJ Barea 9.5 FGA/gm

DeAndre Jordan 6.5 FGA/gm

Dorian Finney-Smith 6.2 FGA/gm

Maxi Kleber 5.2 FGA/gm

Dwight Powell 4.5 FGA/gm

Jalen Brunson 4.5 FGA/gm

Devin Harris 3.7 FGA/gm

(Note that Jordan is closer to the FGA/gm of the animated corpse of Devin Harris than he is to JJ Barea).

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

He literally does.  The only way you get assists is when someone shoots the ball.  It is hard to generate tons of assists for anyone when you shoot the ball less than 7 times per game.

Barnes 13.6 FGA/gm

Matthews 13.3 FGA/gm

Smith 13.0 FGA/gm

JJ Barea 9.5 FGA/gm

DeAndre Jordan 6.5 FGA/gm

Dorian Finney-Smith 6.2 FGA/gm

Maxi Kleber 5.2 FGA/gm

Dwight Powell 4.5 FGA/gm

Jalen Brunson 4.5 FGA/gm

Devin Harris 3.7 FGA/gm

(Note that Jordan is closer to the FGA/gm of the animated corpse of Devin Harris than he is to JJ Barea).

I was talking about Clippers Deandre with CP3. 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, terrell said:

I was talking about Clippers Deandre with CP3. 

Jordan's 6.5 FGA/gm is well above his career average of 5.7 FGA/gm with the Clippers.  Jordan has had one season with a materially higher FGA/gm with CP3 - a season of 7.1.  The next highest is 6.6.  He also had a 4.9 FGA/gm season with Paul.

The guy is just not a big source of assists.  He is worth a few per game.  These probably have disproportionate psychological impact because of how high a % of them resulted in highlight lobs. 

Steph Curry's 1st 14 games: 10.2 ppg. 3.1 TRB. 5.2 assists. 45%fg.  42% 3p. 75% FT.  15 3 pointers

Trae Young's 1st 14 games:  17.5 ppg. 3.4 TRB. 8.2 assists. 41%fg. 27% 3p. 80% FT. 23 3 pointers..

But lets just focus on Trae's 3 point %.....smh

Give the kid time to develop...............................................................

• Like 1