• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Y'all heard Love's name from some sensationalist News outlet with no confirmations and the board goes crazy dreaming of scenarios where Love somehow helps the Hawks.  Some even think that Schlenk somehow was the source.  My official stance on Love is that he is not good at basketball overall.  He may have a few skills but overall he is a liability.  Plus he is old and expensive.  awhile back y'all were scoffing at the idea of bringing Dedmon back but celebrate a Love trade for assets?  Just beyond comprehension

No one went in love about love coming here . You seem to be missing that cause you hate love so much the deal is getting the 5th pick . You not getting the pick with out taking some bad back therefore the bad was love . We looked at as hey we get picks 5, 8 and just have to take back love yet still will have cap flexibility moving on!....not a bad deal.

love doesn’t throw a monkey wrench in any kind of development what so ever and because the young pieces we have are talented we may get love back to playing extremely well.

25 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Per hoopshype, the buzz between Atlanta and Cleveland is real but Love is not mentioned. Cleveland needs a bit of cap relief. They would prefer more picks, for 5, 26 and a player for 10, 17 + 35 and other considerations.

That’s great if we can get the 5th pick without love being involved but I doubt it. Seems a lot more realistic to get the pick if we take on loves contract 

17 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I really doubt K. Love is coming here. Travis values flexibility above all else. 

Not true . We are still very flexible even with loves contract on the books . Bazemore and plumlee contracts are only for one more season. Therefore being the smart man schlenk is, itd be nothing to continue to stay flexible with loves deal

Just now, DBac said:

If Schlenk gives up both top 10 picks, he better nail it. I would rather them trade out of the draft than burn assets for the sake of it.

Cam Reddish is the safest bet in this draft for Atlanta. 

Outside of Zion

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Get Cam at all cost Travie

What you gonna do if they trade 8/10 for 5 and then take Culver?  I would HATE that trade.  No reason, imho, to trade BOTH 8 and 10.  

10+17 is preferred but I'd even be ok with 8+17 I guess.  8+10 though is WAY too much, imo.  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

No one went in love about love coming here . You seem to be missing that cause you hate love so much the deal is getting the 5th pick . You not getting the pick with out taking some bad back therefore the bad was love . We looked at as hey we get picks 5, 8 and just have to take back love yet still will have cap flexibility moving on!....not a bad deal.

love doesn’t throw a monkey wrench in any kind of development what so ever and because the young pieces we have are talented we may get love back to playing extremely well.

I disagree!  Not only is it not worth it to trade up but the salary implications are catastrophic.  Add to the fact that he is a net negative makes it a really bad decision.  This is something those organizations like "Minnesota" would do.

Just now, REHawksFan said:

What you gonna do if they trade 8/10 for 5 and then take Culver?  I would HATE that trade.  No reason, imho, to trade BOTH 8 and 10.  

10+17 is preferred but I'd even be ok with 8+17 I guess.  8+10 though is WAY too much, imo.  

I don't love it for Travis to trade 8/10 for Cam at all but it has to be done if CLE wants him at 5 or doesn't want to trade 10/17. Of course Travis needs to be fired for taking Culver with that much offered but for Cam, you do it. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This can't be coming from Atlanta.  1st of all Barrett has already said that he isn't playing for anyone but the Knicks. Plus he definitely doesn't fit with what the Hawks need.  Terrible defender that can't shoot.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

This can't be coming from Atlanta.  1st of all Barrett has already said that he isn't playing for anyone but the Knicks. Plus he definitely doesn't fit with what the Hawks need.  Terrible defender that can't shoot.

R.J. likely will be #3 overall. That's NY pumping faking that happens every year. I remember we did it with JJJ. 

• Thanks 1

I am telling you guys Love would be solid here. I am only concerned about his injuries from last year.. It's a big concern tho