• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

7 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Four or five weeks ago folks weren't sure if Claxton would even go in the top forty and now he is heading to the green room. If nothing else the NBA draft is a wild roller coaster ride Guessing getting the right trainer matched up with him may be as important as getting the right developmental coach. Just so happens we have both of those. 

There are risers and fallers every season. I read one article that had Reddish dropping to 13 and the Heat if we passed on him. FYI, CBS has us taking:

08 - Hayes

10 - Clarke

17 - Langford

With the Wizards taking Reddish at 9.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2019-nba-mock-draft-vanderbilts-darius-garland-checks-all-the-boxes-to-be-taken-by-the-pelicans-at-no-4/

12 minutes ago, JTB said:

huh? The f**k he talking about ?

Saw a rumor earlier about the Pelicans trying to trade for Myles Turner and us being a facilitator of the deal. Maybe he got word of the trade early. Or maybe he mistook a rumor as an announcement.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The most interesting rumor all day.....MULTIPLE TEAMS INTERESTED IN BAZE.....:clap:. Let it be so.

I’m sorry I don’t believe it but if this dude really is the first one to break last year’s draft trade I guess I got say it has some legs.

im just trying to wrap my head around adding hunter! Defensively I love it which makes sense that LP loves it. Offensively I’m not that happy about it whatsoever but if we can keep 8 and move to get hunter I’m all for it 

I’d go Cam Reddish over hunter and wouldn’t even think twice 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

I’m sorry I don’t believe it but if this dude really is the first one to break last year’s draft trade I guess I got say it has some legs.

im just trying to wrap my head around adding hunter! Defensively I love it which makes sense that LP loves it. Offensively I’m not that happy about it whatsoever but if we can keep 8 and move to get hunter I’m all for it 

I’d go Cam Reddish over hunter and wouldn’t even think twice 

I'm just glad to see a rumor about Baze, any rumor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, High5 said:

Saw a rumor earlier about the Pelicans trying to trade for Myles Turner and us being a facilitator of the deal. Maybe he got word of the trade early. Or maybe he mistook a rumor as an announcement.

You put Turner next to Zion and that is a great front line. Turner can stretch the floor some but they still need some shooting if this happens.

Had a short chat with my guy. He only had a minute but said Atlanta has being ultra aggressive to get their goal of two top 8 picks. 

I asked about a deal between CLE/ATL and he said they spoke but neither seem to be on the same page. CLE wants #8 and ATL wants two top 8 picks. Both have made counter deals to better favor the other but neither seem to address the others want. ATL did finally open to making 8 available but they wanted next year's 2020 to be top 4 protected and that CLE had little interest in it. 

Said Atlanta is being very aggressive and really wants two top 8 picks. 

Didn't have much time to talk but he mention this is the most interested he has seen teams ready to make a deal. I asked if Atlanta moved up, who is their guy. He said DeAndre Hunter. LP and Travis loved him and they want Cam Reddish who Travis loves as well as Trae Young is advocating for. Hawks see Hunter as a true forward and someone who can help you win games. They want two wings. That's the goal and it's been the goal. 

Just now, JTB said:

Yup and it’s extremely obvious 

I think Hayes and Clarke are to.  We were 28th in defensive rating last year. 23rd in offensive rating. We need to improve in both areas but D is a eyesore.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Had a short chat with my guy. He only had a minute but said Atlanta has being ultra aggressive to get their goal of two top 8 picks. 

I asked about a deal between CLE/ATL and he said they spoke but neither seem to be on the same page. CLE wants #8 and ATL wants two top 8 picks. Both have made counter deals to better favor the other but neither seem to address the others want. ATL did finally open to making 8 available but they wanted next year's 2020 to be top 4 protected and that CLE had little interest in it. 

Said Atlanta is being very aggressive and really wants two top 8 picks. 

Didn't have much time to talk but he mention this is the most interested he has seen teams ready to make a deal. I asked if Atlanta moved up, who is their guy. He said DeAndre Hunter. LP and Travis loved him and they want Cam Reddish who Travis loves as well as Trae Young is advocating for. Hawks see Hunter as a true forward and someone who can help you win games. They want two wings. That's the goal and it's been the goal. 

:good: