Hawks interested in trading for Blake Griffin???

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member

This can't be right. This would mean JC playing at 5 and he's going to get killed there. You also have BG's insane contract and questionable health. Also, he plays no defense. We can't have 3 starters that play no defense on our team.

• Like 3

To be polite you just call BS on a rumor like this. Think of how wary and efficient Travis is and then think of this actually happening. A great way to derail a long future of success for the Hawks. Us scoring 130 points every night can only be sustained for so long. Got to defend at some point and especially when we arrive in the playoffs. Don't believe a word of it. 

21 minutes ago, Thomas said:

To be polite you just call BS on a rumor like this. Think of how wary and efficient Travis is and then think of this actually happening. A great way to derail a long future of success for the Hawks. Us scoring 130 points every night can only be sustained for so long. Got to defend at some point and especially when we arrive in the playoffs. Don't believe a word of it. 

Forget the specific player for a second, it's really hard to imagine TS wanting to take on $34M / yr for 3 yrs with an aging vet. Even if we sent back contracts to partially offset those would expire after next year so we'd still have 2 years and $70M to deal with.  Dont see it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Forget the specific player for a second, it's really hard to imagine TS wanting to take on $34M / yr for 3 yrs with an aging vet. Even if we sent back contracts to partially offset those would expire after next year so we'd still have 2 years and $70M to deal with.  Dont see it.

This is the same guy that after a ton of minutes has the three tears going all the way back to his teens so what an incredible risk even if he was earning half that. Got to be on the court but even if he is on the court for us we are giving up points big time. Blake and JC won't do at all if we get to post season. Still don't believe there are legs to this. 

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He is still a good player but he is not what he use to be.  He isn’t an impact guy anymore and I just don’t see how he fits ... not to mention the contract

To be fair, he played very well this past season. Detroit was a much better team when he was healthy.

That being said I want no part of that contract.

• Like 2

• Admin
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

To be fair, he played very well this past season. Detroit was a much better team when he was healthy.

That being said I want no part of that contract.

Neither he nor Collins would be effective at the 5.  We need plus defender/rim protector badly

• Like 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Neither he nor Collins would be effective at the 5.  We need plus defender/rim protector badly

I'm in total agreement as you can see with my previous posts. I was just disagreeing when you said he didn't play well this past season. He did play well. He just can't stay healthy and has a huge contract. I want zero part of him.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I'm in total agreement as you can see with my previous posts. I was just disagreeing when you said he didn't play well this past season. He did play well. He just can't stay healthy and has a huge contract. I want zero part of him.

I wasn’t implying that he didn’t play well ... he did ... just not the impact player he use to be

Well my only problem other than his defense is his injury history. Other than that he’s still an impactful player and he’d be a great offensively with this team.

those who say he isn’t that good anymore must have not watched Blake in a long while. I say he’s more offensively gifted now than he was at any other time in his career! His playmaking ability has really come alive as well as his 3pt ability and still been athletic enough to throw it down with ease.

while I wouldn’t give up both lottery picks to acquire him ....Blake is worth the 10th pick plus plumlees Or bazemores contract! We’d still have a top 10 pick and cap space to use in free agency as a more attractive team headlining Trae, JC, & Blake to attract unrestricted free agent talents .

• Admin
44 minutes ago, JTB said:

Well my only problem other than his defense is his injury history. Other than that he’s still an impactful player and he’d be a great offensively with this team.

those who say he isn’t that good anymore must have not watched Blake in a long while. I say he’s more offensively gifted now than he was at any other time in his career! His playmaking ability has really come alive as well as his 3pt ability and still been athletic enough to throw it down with ease.

while I wouldn’t give up both lottery picks to acquire him ....Blake is worth the 10th pick plus plumlees Or bazemores contract! We’d still have a top 10 pick and cap space to use in free agency as a more attractive team headlining Trae, JC, & Blake to attract unrestricted free agent talents .

Offense isn’t a problem for this team ... our holes are on D as we have none

• Like 2

1 minute ago, capstone21 said:

Offense isn’t a problem for this team ... our holes are on D as we have none

Can’t disagree with this. But this is my issue with hawk fans! ( not saying you specifically but just in general)...every hawk fan wants this stout offensively and defensively gifted center (with size) to pair with John Collins and the fact is that player exist in very very few numbers ! Of course We want the jokic or embiid type Next to Collins but we are more likely to get a one sided weapon at center...lets just be honest it’s either a one sided player  or a player who is just very avg at both at best  but not really a game changer at anything yet decent to good (that’s the Dedmon type and maybe maaaybe Len can get there if his defense improves) 

yet again players who  are avg at everything don’t make as much impact as the one sided player whose elite at something....so I say to ALL pick what you rather have either the floor isn’t going to be as spaced but you will have that potential elite defender as your anchor (Capela maybe) or you add another offensely gifted weapon that can not only keep the floor spread but also possibly  be another reliable playmaker without offering much defensive help (also known as Blake Griffin).

we likely won’t add a center who’s great at both nor are there options to do so if we are being realistic about this anyways 

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, JTB said:

Can’t disagree with this. But this is my issue with hawk fans! ( not saying you specifically but just in general)...every hawk fan wants this stout offensively and defensively gifted center (with size) to pair with John Collins and the fact is that player exist in very very few numbers ! Of course We want the jokic or embiid type Next to Collins but we are more likely to get a one sided weapon at center...lets just be honest it’s either a one sided player  or a player who is just very avg at both at best  but not really a game changer at anything yet decent to good (that’s the Dedmon type and maybe maaaybe Len can get there if his defense improves) 

yet again players who  are avg at everything don’t make as much impact as the one sided player whose elite at something....so I say to ALL pick what you rather have either the floor isn’t going to be as spaced but you will have that potential elite defender as your anchor (Capela maybe) or you add another offensely gifted weapon that can not only keep the floor spread but also possibly  be another reliable playmaker without offering much defensive help (also known as Blake Griffin).

we likely won’t add a center who’s great at both nor are there options to do so if we are being realistic about this anyways 

I don’t think we need an offensively gifted center ... we just need a stopper and rebounder ... the offense will come from passes from trae and put backs and whatever but I am fine with that ... we have a lot of offensive weapons already but we don’t have guys who will stop anyone.  If it came to Blake or Capela ... I think Capela is the guy who helps us more.

• Like 3