• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Agency 2019

JayBirdHawk

3 minutes ago, sturt said:

Every team has signed at least one player.

According to Hoops Hype's listing, there are only two teams who have not yet signed any player to something more than a two-way contract. That would be us, and CLE.

Fwiw.

Denver isn't on that list at all. They picked up Sap's option and extended Murray. Don't think they've done anything else. 

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, NBASupes said:

The interest ain't there. There is zero interest from the entire NBA in Cousins right now. He hired new reps to drum up interest. 

Washed is the common term that my guy have been hearing. He has players pushing for him. DeRozan and several others. When teams are closer to knowing what's on their roster, expect him to be signed. I heard Cousins is NOT on the Lakers radar. I also heard the Warriors had some interest but its dwindle when WCS signed. Cousins is seen as a net negative right now. His stock is pure shit. 

I think somebody will sign him and if they miss out on Kawhi maybe they think lebron could keep him under control? 

A number or 2 for you to mull over while you drink your coffee.

Cousins @ center.   PER 26.2, against 23.5, net 2.7

Len @ center,         PER 20.6, against 21.5, net -.9

Dedmon @ center, PER 19.6, against 23.9, net -4.2

Statistically speaking, Cousins is better defensively than Dedmon and blows our 2 guys away offensively....just sayin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thecampster said:

A number or 2 for you to mull over while you drink your coffee.

Cousins @ center.   PER 26.2, against 23.5, net 2.7

Len @ center,         PER 20.6, against 21.5, net -.9

Dedmon @ center, PER 19.6, against 23.9, net -4.2

Statistically speaking, Cousins is better defensively than Dedmon and blows our 2 guys away offensively....just sayin.

Don't hit them with facts Mr. Camp.  They will be on the wrong side of history with this DeMarcus Cousins chatter.  

• Like 1

Also, Cousins PER in New Orleans 26.2 and 21.1 against

Last year Sacramento, 32.3 and 18.6 against.

If you can get Boogie on a 1 + 1 for $12-$15 mil per you do it and don't look back.

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't hit them with facts Mr. Camp.  They will be on the wrong side of history with this DeMarcus Cousins chatter.  

If I haven't told you I love you yet today, I'm sorry.

• Thanks 1

Honestly, PER for and against is really the best measure of anyone for an entire season. Because everyone plays someone. If yout team shoots better, you get less rebounds but easier shot opportunities. If your team shoots poorly, you get more rebounds but smothered defensively. For a season, its really the best measure of value.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

DeMarcus Cousins can’t jump over a phone book 📖. Not only did the Warriors not get a ring for Boogie, they screwed up the rest of his career. Wait, they sent Durant out early too..and Klay’s 🦵 snapped.

Snake 🐍 Bob Meyers, Steve Kerr and the scrubs have a ton to feel guilty about. Negligence on the part of the Warrior medical staff. 

3 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Also, Cousins PER in New Orleans 26.2 and 21.1 against

Last year Sacramento, 32.3 and 18.6 against.

If you can get Boogie on a 1 + 1 for $12-$15 mil per you do it and don't look back.

If I haven't told you I love you yet today, I'm sorry.

LOL.

And I completely agree with you about the 1 + 1 for Boogie, and the money.  In that instance, you get the both of both worlds.  You get a chance to be rid of him after 1 year, if he doesn't produce the results you want.  And the amount of money given to Boogie should be enough motivation to have him play at the highest level possible. 

If it works, we've just obtained a high caliber starter to put around these young guys, and function at least as the 3rd scoring option on the team.  All this talk about needing a center, goes right out the window.  For a guy like Bruno, it actually may help to have an offensive savvy big man like Cousins in his ear, teaching him how to be a better offensive player.

7 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Honestly, PER for and against is really the best measure of anyone for an entire season. Because everyone plays someone. If yout team shoots better, you get less rebounds but easier shot opportunities. If your team shoots poorly, you get more rebounds but smothered defensively. For a season, its really the best measure of value.

And if any of you don't believe Camp's statement, just take a look at the Hawks as a whole last season.   With the NBA being a game of matchups, a lot of these games come down to if "your guy" can out play "their guy".   Right now, the only person on the team that can legitimately say this on a nightly basis, is John Collins.

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819ATL.HTM

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What about the Bucks? Bud and Korver reunion! Oh man, that would be kinda cool. Philly would be the best fit, damnit he reunited with Alice 😂 ugh 😑 

https://madison.com/sports/basketball/professional/veteran-shooting-guard-kyle-korver-interested-in-bucks-espn-reports/article_f05475ea-069d-5946-9486-3c1b86cf8eb5.html

Perfect reunion with Bud.

52 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

DeMarcus Cousins can’t jump over a phone book 📖. Not only did the Warriors not get a ring for Boogie, they screwed up the rest of his career. Wait, they sent Durant out early too..and Klay’s 🦵 snapped.

Snake 🐍 Bob Meyers, Steve Kerr and the scrubs have a ton to feel guilty about. Negligence on the part of the Warrior medical staff. 

Cousins is a really dumb player. He is another one of these players that makes mistakes in important parts of games and he is a fouling machine. He averaged near 4 fouls a game in only 25MPG last year.

• Like 1

The fact that anyone is upset about losing Vince Carter tells you just how bad this team is.  

I agree you need some sort of veteran presence with a team this young, but you also need experienced players who can’t play at this level too.  Hawks have none except Len.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL.

And I completely agree with you about the 1 + 1 for Boogie, and the money.  In that instance, you get the both of both worlds.  You get a chance to be rid of him after 1 year, if he doesn't produce the results you want.  And the amount of money given to Boogie should be enough motivation to have him play at the highest level possible. 

If it works, we've just obtained a high caliber starter to put around these young guys, and function at least as the 3rd scoring option on the team.  All this talk about needing a center, goes right out the window.  For a guy like Bruno, it actually may help to have an offensive savvy big man like Cousins in his ear, teaching him how to be a better offensive player.

And if any of you don't believe Camp's statement, just take a look at the Hawks as a whole last season.   With the NBA being a game of matchups, a lot of these games come down to if "your guy" can out play "their guy".   Right now, the only person on the team that can legitimately say this on a nightly basis, is John Collins.

http://www.82games.com/1819/1819ATL.HTM

Doesn't these invalidate Trae as a building block and a star if he can't outplay his opponent on a nightly basis?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Alex said:

The fact that anyone is upset about losing Vince Carter tells you just how bad this team is.  

I agree you need some sort of veteran presence with a team this young, but you also need experienced players who can’t play at this level too.  Hawks have none except Len.

Define "need."

And specifically, in the context of 2019-2020 success?... or in the context of 2021-22 success?

1 minute ago, sturt said:

Define "need."

And specifically, in the context of 2019-2020 success?... or in the context of 2021-22 success?

Well define success for this season or any in the future.  🙂

If you measure a successful season on winning 35 games then sure you don’t “need” veterans around.  If you measure success by making the playoffs and getting eliminated in round 1 you might need some experienced players who can actually play.  If you take a step further and measure success by winning in the playoffs you are definitely needing some older players to help out.

• Premium Member

The point of my asking is.... if "need" is defined from a short-term success perspective, then I can buy what you're selling.

I don't define it that way, and the reason I don't is that the GM has said in so many words that he doesn't.

If anyone gets very upset if we lose Carter, then it is mainly only warranted in the fact that he clearly added value as an official player and also an unofficial coach last season, and thus, would seem to be well-positioned to add value in both of those ways again... serving both short-term win-now interests as well as longer-term "assist-with-player-development" interests.

For me, I was one of the first, I think, to say out loud this off-season that I'm not a big fan of players as coaches as a rule, and I really wasn't inclined to commit again to a roster slot to someone serving that purpose, as VC inherently would.

But I also understand there's a time for exceptions to the rule... and if there isn't someone we're all that bullish on that we need to add, then this is probably one of those times.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Doesn't these invalidate Trae as a building block and a star if he can't outplay his opponent on a nightly basis?

It absolutely does.

If Trae is going to continue to be a minus defender, he needs to offset that with positive offense.  He'll have to sustain that 24 ppg - 9 assist level that he put up after the All-Star break, but shoot a MUCH HIGHER percentage from the field and from 3. 

Without that, the rest of the guys are going to have to outplay their man, and be high level defenders.   Maybe Hunter and Reddish can do that.  As much as people love Huerter, he really needs to become more consistent on offense.

Pierce knows that his team is highly deficient on defense, which is why he's also trying to upgrade the offense with a plethora of shooters.  Problem is, none of these guys are consistent shooters from 3.  Especially our high volume 3 point shooters.

• Premium Member

I've been as reluctant to drink the kool-aid on Trae as anyone, but I have to acknowledge that his second half must be delineated from his first half if we're to do any well-informed, balanced analysis. Can't just take his total first season on its face... have to zoom in closer.