• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks sign F Jabari Parker

Spud2nique

On 7/14/2019 at 3:08 PM, thecampster said:

Cam > Trae...okay? 

Oy!!!

Does this remind anyone else of the great Diesel hates Marvin threads?

No it's more like Hortford is the next Karl Malone threads

Edited by IheartVolt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, IheartVolt said:

No it's more like Hortford is the next Karl Malone threads

A very good memory by you there volt. It was so constant. Man oh man.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Thomas said:

A very good memory by you there volt. It was so constant. Man oh man.

It was actually that Horford was better than Malone.  Too much time spent wasted on that one.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Anyone know what his objections were to the contract and Parker generally as a signing?  I saw that as a low commitment (only 2 years and not huge dollars), reasonable upside (he could opt out after a single year but gives you the chance to look under the hood at his game before having to commit to a long-term deal) positive move of the offseason.

• Like 2

I know.  Parker has been injured - - a lot.  He is still recovering.  He has Emory Healthcare and our own female health guru.  This is great.

Considering where he was drafted, evidently someone thought he showed real promise.  Then, our own GM recognized what he could be and took a chance on him.  Hopefully, he lives up to this and stays with us next season also..

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, AHF said:

Anyone know what his objections were to the contract and Parker generally as a signing?  I saw that as a low commitment (only 2 years and not huge dollars), reasonable upside (he could opt out after a single year but gives you the chance to look under the hood at his game before having to commit to a long-term deal) positive move of the offseason.

I agree with you that it seems  like a perfectly good deal from the Hawks perspective.

I think some of the issues were that they didn't like that the second year was a player option, not for fear that he opts out but opts in, was my impression.   I'm guessing it took that to get him interested.  

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

It wasn't just him. Most 'experts' gave the signing an F.  I didn't get it, it was a 2 year deal, less than the MLE.

Like macd said, most also didn't like the player option.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It wasn't just him. Most 'experts' gave the signing an F.  I didn't get it, it was a 2 year deal, less than the MLE.

Like macd said, most also didn't like the player option.

Despite a bad couple of games, I still love the Parker signing. He knows what's up and he will do his best to perform to get some security next season.

• Like 4