• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Current Hawks resemble Dantoni’s Phx Suns to you?

JTB

So the other day listening to NBA radio there was an interview with David Griffin and about how the offseason went for the Pelicans.....as the interview went on, Griff started to give his insight on how he sees this young Pelicans team and chimed in on how the current Pelicans roster he put together reminds him so much of Dantoni/Nash suns. And when I say he really compared I mean he went into full detail!

Well as the hosts continued to agree....I was surprised and kinda taken away at the same time! How is it that this exciting young hawks  team isn’t the first thought of resemblance of Dantonis/Nash Suns squads in the mind of EVERYONE????!!!

I mean come on folks! this hawks team resembles that suns team better than any team I’ve seen between the time that team split up , up until today and mainly because of Young and Collins tandem.

I recall Griff saying as he compared :

Holiday - is like Nash (also said he believes Holiday can be a MVP candidate type player)

Nickeil Alexander Walker - is like Marion (because they both shoot funny)

Hayes - is like stoudamire (actually really went in here saying he’s the closest thing to stoudamire!...so disrespectful to Collins!)

and made a few other comparisons between the two teams that I thought were so off it just sounded like he’s living in a fantasy world of his own picks as if he’s playing 2k or some shit. 

What do you think squawk? ....not that I want our team to be that suns team but I do think these young hawks are very very much similar to that suns team (just by coincidence so far) and the best comparison of them since.

• Like 1

• Moderators

That isn't a terrible comparison you are making at all.  Add in Hunter as a comparison to Shawn Marion (versatile, athletic forward who can guard a lot of positions wherever you need him on D) and Huerter and Reddish as potential comparisons to QRich (who was a 15/6 gunner taking 8 3's per game) and Joe Johnson as well.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Lol, you mean Reddish and Joe Johnson right? Q. Rich?

But yeah, this team is clearly a team build in the image of GS and PHX. I think they want the success of GS and not PHX.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

But yeah, this team is clearly a team build in the image of GS and PHX. I think they want the success of GS and not PHX.

Yeah, I think it was kinda unintentional that we're ending up in that mold though.

And on Griffin, he's becoming an absolute bullsh*t artist.  Total used car salesman.  Every time he opens his mouth, bullcrap piles out of it.  Hayes as Stoudamire?  Riiiight.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, I think it was kinda unintentional that we're ending up in that mold though.

And on Griffin, he's becoming an absolute bullsh*t artist.  Total used car salesman.  Every time he opens his mouth, bullcrap piles out of it.  Hayes as Stoudamire?  Riiiight.

I love Hayes but he is no Amare. They have a lot of elite open court players. With their defensive talent, they might be one of the most interesting teams of 2019-20

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I meant Huerter and Reddish can be compared to some degree to the backcourt of QRich and Joe.  Wasn't drawing a one-to-one comparison but QRich provided a lot of 3pt shooting for the Suns when he was there for their WCF / 62 win season.  That was as far as Phoenix got in the playoffs and the most wins they ever got. 

I hope Cam will be a better defender than Richardson was but which of these numbers do you think Cam will exceed?

14.9 ppg, 35.8% 3pt%, 6.1 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.2 spg

5.8 WS, 0.098 WS/48, 13.6 PER, 1.9 BPM, 2.8 VORP

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I meant Huerter and Reddish can be compared to some degree to the backcourt of QRich and Joe.  Wasn't drawing a one-to-one comparison but QRich provided a lot of 3pt shooting for the Suns when he was there for their WCF / 62 win season.  That was as far as Phoenix got in the playoffs and the most wins they ever got. 

I hope Cam will be a better defender than Richardson was but which of these numbers do you think Cam will exceed?

14.9 ppg, 35.8% 3pt%, 6.1 rpg, 2.0 apg, 1.2 spg

5.8 WS, 0.098 WS/48, 13.6 PER, 1.9 BPM, 2.8 VORP

Every. Single. One. Easy money.

• Haha 3

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Avatar bet proposal:  If you are correct, you get to pick my avatar for three months.  If he doesn't meet your standard, I pick yours for one month.  If he fails to exceed at least 5 of them then I pick it for two months.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Avatar bet proposal:  If you are correct, you get to pick my avatar for three months.  If he doesn't meet your standard, I pick yours for one month.  If he fails to exceed at least 5 of them then I pick it for two months.

Nope, not doing it. He could shoot 9 3s a game at 35% even and that's miles better than Q. 6.1 rpgs is gonna be tough and about mpgs. 

I'll only agree if this is a two season bet. Deal? This includes 19/20 and 20/21. It must be separate years as well. Can't combine good for me or bad for me and vice versa. Then I'll agree

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Nope, not doing it. He could shoot 9 3s a game at 35% even and that's miles better than Q. 6.1 rpgs is gonna be tough and about mpgs. 

I'll only agree if this is a two season bet. Deal? This includes 19/20 and 20/21. It must be separate years as well. Can't combine good for me or bad for me and vice versa. Then I'll agree

Suddenly not such easy money!  

Seriously, so what you are proposing is that this is his total numbers for both seasons versus Q's marks above?  Like on 3pt% which for Q-Rich is 35.8%, if Cam makes 100 of 300 (33%) attempts as a rookie and 240 of 600 his second year (40%) then we are evaluating it based not on either individual season but on his career to date number after two years so: 340 out of 900 = 37.8% (which would be an "exceed" for you).  Is that right?

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

Always felt they comped better with the Suns than Warriors, even felt Spellman could be similar to Diaw (heh).  I suppose Parker is Tim Thomas, just need to find a Barbosa and Raja somewhere.

Image result for oliver miller suns

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Seriously, so what you are proposing is that this is his total numbers for both seasons versus Q's marks above?  Like on 3pt% which for Q-Rich is 35.8%, if Cam makes 100 of 300 (33%) attempts as a rookie and 240 of 600 his second year (40%) then we are evaluating it based not on either individual season but on his career to date number after two years so: 340 out of 900 = 37.8% (which would be an "exceed" for you).  Is that right?

Nope, not at all. 

VORP is a vet based stat. Trae VORP was .6. Its not based on talent. Its based on you doing what you do and well. Luka had a VORP over 3 but most rookies VORP was minus zero. 

6.1 rpg is crazy good. Just to put in perspective. Tatum is close at 6 even at 31 mpg. But in NYBL, he averaged 9.5 rpg and similar in HS. Duke, he showcased as well. Cam averaged 8 rpg at NYBL and 9 in HS and of course at Duke, that wasn't his role but to assume he can play 30mpg and rebound on Tatum level is insane. 

Q prime numbers in PHX are above elite level rookie number. Even if Cam averaged more, it would be not likely as effective as Q. When rookies perform at prime solid role player level, you got an elite player. That's what Tatum rookie year was.

9 minutes ago, AHF said:

You can only use one of the season is what i am saying. Rookie or Soph, not both

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This seems like  you think he'll exceed all of them.

17 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can only use one of the season is what i am saying. Rookie or Soph, not both

I'm getting confused.  So are you saying that he would get the best of his rookie or sophmore seasons?  So if he scores 10 as a rookie but shoots 40% from 3pt range and then scores 16 as a sophmore but shoots only 25% then he would exceed both of those measures because he had one season that was better even though he had one season worse and his combined seasons were worse?  I'd say you should have to either pick the combined result or pick one season or the other unless you want to re-weight the bet as below.

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

If you put stats @AHFlike efg, etc. Cam would easily pass it

I don't have a problem adding some other stats.  Anything other than efg%? 

Not excited about a cherry-pick "best of the two seasons" approach if that is what you are looking for with the bet weighted in your direction for the reward (you get 3 months) but I'm good with changing it to that format for a straight up one month bet.  Then Reddish gets the best of his stat in each category over two seasons so if he averages:

Rookie:  10 ppg, 40% 3pt%, .522 efg%, 4.5 rpg

Sophmore: 17 ppg, 29% 3pt%, .474 efg%, 7.1 rpg

Bet Line:  17 ppg (>QRick in PHO), 40% 3pt% (>QRick in PHO), .522 efg% (>QRick in PHO), 7.1 rpg (>QRick in PHO)

You win when he exceeds Every. Single. One.

11 minutes ago, AHF said:

This seems like  you think he'll exceed all of them.

I'm getting confused.  So are you saying that he would get the best of his rookie or sophmore seasons?  So if he scores 10 as a rookie but shoots 40% from 3pt range and then scores 16 as a sophmore but shoots only 25% then he would exceed both of those measures because he had one season that was better even though he had one season worse and his combined seasons were worse?  I'd say you should have to either pick the combined result or pick one season or the other unless you want to re-weight the bet as below.

I don't have a problem adding some other stats.  Anything other than efg%? 

Not excited about a cherry-pick "best of the two seasons" approach if that is what you are looking for with the bet weighted in your direction for the reward (you get 3 months) but I'm good with changing it to that format for a straight up one month bet.  Then Reddish gets the best of his stat in each category over two seasons so if he averages:

Rookie:  10 ppg, 40% 3pt%, .522 efg%, 4.5 rpg

Sophmore: 17 ppg, 29% 3pt%, .474 efg%, 7.1 rpg

Bet Line:  17 ppg (>QRick in PHO), 40% 3pt% (>QRick in PHO), .522 efg% (>QRick in PHO), 7.1 rpg (>QRick in PHO)

You win when he exceeds Every. Single. One.

Correct, if his rookie year has 4, I lost, 5 I won. That means the bet rolls into 2020/21 like a draft pick if I lost. 

20/21, If he hit 4 or less, you win the entire bet. If he hits 5 or more, I win.

I'll look into the ones to add tonight. Then you can approve or disapprove and once we agree. The bet is on

Edited by NBASupes