• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Current Hawks resemble Dantoni’s Phx Suns to you?

JTB

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Call me apeshit crazy, but @AHF, you got a damn deal. This is about to be the GOAT Atlanta Hawks season of all f***ing time 

😂 

Which bet option did you pick?

1 minute ago, AHF said:

😂

Which bet option did you pick?

Id even gaf. Your choice. I am betting high on Cam. If he does this shit plus Cam can score in transition and in iso. Trae would have had an MVP year and we would win 60+ games. 

This is crazy. 

• Moderators
Just now, NBASupes said:

Id even gaf. Your choice. I am betting high on Cam. If he does this shit plus Cam can score in transition and in iso. Trae would have had an MVP year and we would win 60+ games. 

This is crazy. 

I’d take rookie season only so we don’t have to wait two years and can resolve after 1.  It is a bet I hope to lose either way.

On 7/17/2019 at 4:28 PM, MaceCase said:

Always felt they comped better with the Suns than Warriors, even felt Spellman could be similar to Diaw (heh).  I suppose Parker is Tim Thomas, just need to find a Barbosa and Raja somewhere.

Bembry?

Trae and Collins are very much like Nash and Amare. 

The supporting cast of young, athletic wings that can dribble pass and shoot are very similar across both rosters. Pierce supposedly is going to be a defensive minded coach but until then his coaching philosophy of pace and space, letting the 3 ball fly is very similar to what D’Antoni did with the Suns. 

As currently constructed we are much more comparable to them than the Warriors.

The moment we learn to play elite defense is when we can be compared to the Warriors 

• Like 1

No question, the Nash/Amare era Suns is the team we resemble. They were without a doubt one of the funnest teams to watch of all time. They would have likely won a championship were it not for a ridiculous, completely unfair suspension of Amare Stoudemire and Boris Diaw for "getting up from the bench" after Steve Nash was body slammed by Robert Horry. One of the dumbest rules ever, and Stern's unconscionable decision to apply it here in a crucial play off game might be the most pedantic, absurd letter of the law enforcement of a rule in sports history.

• Like 1

I never cared for those Suns teams outside of The Matrix.  Nash was awesome but him winning MVPs over Kobe just didn’t sit well with me.  CLP has a respected defesnive profile and pays attention to detail when teaching defense to young players and sets a standard for vets.  Vince was awesome for a relic.  D’Antoni can’t get anything defensively out of players who aren’t already stalwarts.  I don’t aspire to be anything associated with dude.  

I don’t care if your offense is #1 by a wide margin, I haven’t seen any eveidence you can win a ship with mediocre defensive standing and/ or poor rebounding without Peak LeBron.  That up and down, seven second style just promotes the wrong kind of team energy.  I absolutely hate when coaches rush their players back after giving up wide open shots and dunks off single actions, D’Antoni’s hallmark.  I’m from the Pop school of taking timeouts and chewing guys out.  It’s so simple, live ball defense converts to offense, not vice versa.

As far as David Griffin, listening to him talk is like driving construction grade nails in my head.

Edited by benhillboy

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I never cared for those Suns teams outside of The Matrix.  Nash was awesome but him winning MVPs over Kobe just didn’t sit well with me.  CLP has a respected defesnive profile and pays attention to detail when teaching defense to young players and sets a standard for vets.  Vince was awesome for a relic.  D’Antoni can’t get anything defensively out of players who aren’t already stalwarts.  I don’t aspire to be anything associated with dude.  

I don’t care if your offense is #1 by a wide margin, I haven’t seen any eveidence you can win a ship with mediocre defensive standing and/ or poor rebounding without Peak LeBron.  That up and down, seven second style just promotes the wrong kind of team energy.  I absolutely hate when coaches rush their players back after giving up wide open shots and dunks off single actions, D’Antoni’s hallmark.  I’m from the Pop school of taking timeouts and chewing guys out.  It’s so simple, live ball defense converts to offense, not vice versa.

As far as David Griffin, listening to him talk is like driving construction grade nails in my head.

You mean MVPs over Shaq and LBJ.  Kobe wasn't runner up during those years.  I was with you.  He was a delight to watch but MVP....wouldn't have had my vote.

20 hours ago, AHF said:

You mean MVPs over Shaq and LBJ.  Kobe wasn't runner up during those years.  I was with you.  He was a delight to watch but MVP....wouldn't have had my vote.

i hear ya but mamba was dropping an insane amount of points the years nash won MVP....not to mention throughout kobes prime he was a good defender too. So he dropped the points and played good defense unlike that guy in Houston.

then on top of that one of those playoffs kobe almost beat that stacked suns team (stacked compared to that lakers squad anyways) which would have been amazing cause those laker teams are garbage. Its amazing they were even in the series.

....im not advocating that kobe should have won MVP those seasons but the reasoning behind the mvp award changes every few seasons! Sometimes the mvp is gifted to the highest scorer who wins the scoring title then other times like when nash and duncan won it scoring isn't the only thing that's looked at. All in all the MVP award isn't consistent in terms of reasoning behind the winners.

I for one don't believe westbrook should have ever been crowned MVP. The triple doubles are nice but it don't result to him as a top 5 player in my opinion and on my own personal list westbrook likely wouldn't crack top 10.

What or who do these current Hawks look like?  I don't know.  My hope is, that soon, teams will be saying, "Our team looks a lot like that Hawk team in the 2019-20 season."

I believe it's going to happen!

:cool:

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

What or who do these current Hawks look like?  I don't know.  My hope is, that soon, teams will be saying, "Our team looks a lot like that Hawk team in the 2019-20 season."

You are wise Gramps! Every time I feel too high or too low, I feel your posts level me. Patience, hard work and team bonding. Let’s see how far we can go.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

I like our team makeup a lot. I don't think there is a adequate Trae comparison and with Collins adding the three ball, not many players are similar to him. Hopefully Hunter, Reddish, and Bruno help with the D; and we see solid improvement from Huerter.

Go Hawks!

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 7/20/2019 at 10:51 AM, NBASupes said:

Nash was and should have won the 1st one

Should have been Shaq and then LBJ, IMO.  First one was one of the closest MVP votes ever (and Nash had a more legit case although imo he won more because of how much fun the Suns were than him being the actual best overall player in the league).  Second one was just an injustice as LBJ's season owns Nash's in 2005-06.

• Like 1