• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Braves/Nats on BSPN

Spud2nique

• Premium Member

We've got series w/ Twins, Cardinals and Indians out of division remaining. Barves have nothing close to that. If Barves lose the division pennant at this point, no use even showing up for a Wild Card game... complete and utter self-destruction.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sturt said:

We've got series w/ Twins, Cardinals and Indians out of division remaining. Barves have nothing close to that. If Barves lose the division pennant at this point, no use even showing up for a Wild Card game... complete and utter self-destruction.

All that tells me is that you have your voodoo doll out (kg) and are poking pins in it..him.

Comon man, you guys got a tough squad over there with those pitchers, let’s keep it classy..well if and possibly when we might meet further down the road, then it’s just time to whoop y’all butts!

AND STOP 🛑 CALLING US THE BARVES!!!! 😡 

#BABY👶BRAVES (growing up fast).

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

All that tells me is that you have your voodoo doll out (kg) and are poking pins in it..him.

Comon man, you guys got a tough squad over there with those pitchers, let’s keep it classy..well if and possibly when we might meet further down the road, then it’s just time to whoop y’all butts!

AND STOP 🛑 CALLING US THE BARVES!!!! 😡 

#BABY👶BRAVES (growing up fast).

Yep

• Like 2

• Premium Member

I dunno. Previous post seemed fairly tame "smack" if you can even call it that. Don't know how one can sugarcoat it. It's right there for the Barves' taking. They fall out of first at this point, the Hawks Training Camp countdown clock should officially start up for you ATL-centric fans. Not like the Falcons give anyone reason for excitement.

And take "Barves" as a sign of status. No one bothers giving the Marlins a disparaging nickname. They're the Marlins.

1 hour ago, sturt said:

I dunno. Previous post seemed fairly tame "smack" if you can even call it that. Don't know how one can sugarcoat it. It's right there for the Barves' taking. They fall out of first at this point, the Hawks Training Camp countdown clock should officially start up for you ATL-centric fans. Not like the Falcons give anyone reason for excitement.

And take "Barves" as a sign of status. No one bothers giving the Marlins a disparaging nickname. They're the Marlins.

Is it gnat or nat? Whatever you are you little creatures are annoying as 💩 😆 .

2 hours ago, sturt said:

You made up 3 games on us since then. Philly was the division leader then.

Tm W L W-L% GB RS RA pythW-L%
PHI 30 21 .588 -- 255 225 .557
ATL 29 23 .558 1.5 257 238 .535
NYM 24 26 .480 5.5 230 244 .473
WSN 20 31 .392 10.0 231 269 .431
MIA 16 32 .333 12.5 144 228 .301

Braves host the gnats at SunTrust for a 4 game set today. Gnats are 7 games back with 22 to play for the Braves and 24 left for Washington. The first and last games of this series should be the most interesting as far as the best pitching matchups. 

Thursday: Fried vs Strasburg 

Friday: Keuchel vs Corbin

Saturday: Teheran vs Ross

Sunday: Soroka vs Scherzer

Should be fun. Let’s extend the lead to 11 by Sunday evening and essentially grab the NL east division crown 👑 again!

• Like 2

Braves will be hard to catch now.  Do the math.  They get swept and have a 3 game lead.  Not going to happen.  If they win 2, we're right back to a 7 game lead and 4 less games to play.  If the Braves win only one game they have a 5 game lead!

Yep, they may collapse right here and not win another game. Hardly a likely thing.  I don't expect a sweep by either team so it should be an exciting series...

:smug:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Braves will be hard to catch now.  Do the math.  They get swept and have a 3 game lead.  Not going to happen.  If they win 2, we're right back to a 7 game lead and 4 less games to play.  If the Braves win only one game they have a 5 game lead!

Yep, they may collapse right here and not win another game. Hardly a likely thing.  I don't expect a sweep by either team so it should be an exciting series...

:smug:

If they want a shot at the crown 👑 I think 3/4 is a must against us.  I see a split or us winning 3-1 because we are home. Starts in an hour and a half. Let’s go Braves!!!

• Like 2

Phew 😅 We didn’t make it easy on ourselves. Fried one hit in 7 innings 👏 We hung on after making it interesting. 1-0 us. New school in Albies and Acuna jr. mixed in by old schooler McCann! Good times.  Stay humble stay hungry guys! Let’s gettem again tomorrow!

• Like 4

Corbin is 🤒 and tired of being the fifth fiddle 😆 Keuchel is dominating and here is a piece of his last few starts. They square off in another good pitching matchup in an hour or so. Oh here’s the piece on Dallas.

But Keuchel has pitched like an ace the last four times he's taken the mound. Since Aug. 14, Keuchel is 3-0 with a 1.08 ERA. That stretch includes two scoreless stints against the New York Mets, a six-inning effort on Aug. 14 and a seven-inning start on Aug. 25.

"We've been pretty gritty, even with guys out," Keuchel said. "We still have to clean up some aspects of the game, but we've got a whole month. Hopefully we can work on a few minor adjustments. We'll just keep having fun."

• Like 2