• Premium Member
14 hours ago, hazer said:

This year’s bench is a step up from last year’s:

Turner > Adams

Crabbe > Gaze (shooting)

Cam > Anderson

Parker > Spellman

Len = Len

Combined with the continued growth of Pierce, Trae, Huerter, Collins, and the addition of Hunter and Bruno, Hawks go from (almost) 30 wins to 41 and accidentally make the playoffs in 3rd year of rebuild. Just like I e said from the  beginning 👏🏽

You're kinda cheating Haze...lol

1. Lin was the back up PG for most of the season, w/Bembry playing some spot PG minutes.

2. I'm not counting Crabbe until he gets to the A. I'm giving Bembry the backup SG spot.

3. Anderson should not even be in the conversation, he didn't play much - backup SF was Baze and Bembry

4. Can't argue Parker over Fatty Spellman.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The really, really fat but talented Spellman is gone.  I'll bet Travis really got his attention.  We will watch him with his new team and see.  He has a great opportunity to make a good living and life that most people can only dream about, a professional NBA player.

While here, he let his appetite overcome him.  Hopefully, he has awoken.

:cry:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1. Lin was the back up PG for most of the season, w/Bembry playing some spot PG minutes.

2. I'm not counting Crabbe until he gets to the A. I'm giving Bembry the backup SG spot.

3. Anderson should not even be in the conversation, he didn't play much - backup SF was Baze and Bembry

Also counting Len as the backup when he's the starter.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

1 hour ago, High5 said:

Also counting Len as the backup when he's the starter.

I probably should’ve said “the start of this season vs the end of last”, it was late 😴 And left off Len entirely, tossed him in there just because he was the backup last year but starting this year and remains to be seen who the primary backup C will be. Point made though, bench is better this year ✅

• Like 3

MAYBE THESE EXPERTS ARE CORRECT AFTER ALL !

29-53 was our record last season.  One group gives us 30.4 wins and another 31.2 for the upcoming season.  Where did we go wrong?  Dedmon, Bazemore and Prince are gone, along with Plumlee and Spellman.  Golly, that is five players off our ending roster. 

Some of the new Hawks that we added by trade or signed as free agents we don't really know if they will fit with our other leftover players.  We believe that they will have a positive impact, but we don't really know.

What we do know is, we drafted for need.  These three rookies do fit with our returning players.  How good they will be and how soon they will be able to mature into good NBA players, we can only wait and hope it's sooner, rather than later. 

53 times last season, our Atlanta Hawks came up short.  A big chunk of that came about as we opened the season.  Trae was green as grass and seemed to be at a loss as he began his NBA career.  Collins, a major cog in this team, was out with an injury and Huerter was recovering from injury and saw little action early.  He had to play himself into shape while learning.

Also, don't forget that our head man, L P, was learning, along with his entire staff.  They had to learn all about all their players and what they could expect of them.  They are in a far different position this season. 

Every off season, we hear the same thing.  Every team that we will face, that is every NBA team, is improved since last season.  Usually, there is one or two teams that have lost major stars who will slip. all the others are expected to be great !!  Why, if they all are going to be so much better, do these experts think that Atlanta will not improve more than one or two games? 

Do you believe that this Hawk team will begin this season with another terrible early record?  I don't either.  Our three rookies may not make any difference early in our games outcome but they will bring a new excitement and energy that we didn't see early last season.  Someone has placed a huge chip on the shoulders of all current Hawk players and have dared any NBA team to try knocking it off.  They are saying that we can't.  We're not any better. 

Perhaps they are right.  They don't believe in L P and his staff being able to teach these NBA players.  They don't think our GM knows what he's doing. They don't believe our young, returning core, can improve.

We, However, believe in Lloyd and Travis and in our roster.  Going from 53 losses to 51.  Nope.  We're better than that.  We really believe we're much better.

:smug:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

While here, he let his appetite overcome him.  Hopefully, he has awoken.

Maybe Burger Beyond and the up and coming Chicken Beyond stuff can help him out. One serving a pop of course, ok maybe two.

• Haha 1