• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore was ready to leave the Hawks

Blunt91

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

this is what i didn't get about all the hate toward Turner.  Turner is solid.  Baze will be fine but it's not like Baze was ever consistent.   And it was a really bad fit for this team.  By all accounts Turner was a great teammate in Portland.   I wish Baze all the best because he was a great Hawk but he knew and we knew that he didn't fit on this team anymore.  

Baze and Turner are both scrubs to a similar extent. The difference is that Turner can give you some PG minutes which is why we made the move.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

this is what i didn't get about all the hate toward Turner.  Turner is solid.  Baze will be fine but it's not like Baze was ever consistent.   And it was a really bad fit for this team.  By all accounts Turner was a great teammate in Portland.   I wish Baze all the best because he was a great Hawk but he knew and we knew that he didn't fit on this team anymore.  

If he can replicate his 1st game or even close to it versus his career numbers, I'll stop ragging on him.

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Baze and Turner are both scrubs to a similar extent. The difference is that Turner can give you some PG minutes which is why we made the move.

Not just PG minutes for me but actual effective ball handling in general.   I'm not saying he's better or worse than Baze but i think he plays more under control.   

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

If he can replicate his 1st game or even close to it versus his career numbers, I'll stop ragging on him.

Always fun to look back at these overreactions over a single game sample at the beginning of the year. People forget we have a ton of history to look back on with Evan Turner, and it's not so good. Not saying it's impossible he has a career year this year with his efficiency and effectiveness, but I'm also going to need to see it a little bit more from him before I hop on board the Turner wagon.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Not just PG minutes for me but actual effective ball handling in general.   I'm not saying he's better or worse than Baze but i think he plays more under control.   

He seems to be a better fit for what we need right now that's for sure. Baze felt like a round block on a square peg last year so I'm not shocked he was unhappy. 

• Like 1

The minutes that Hunter and Cam get out of that trade night in and night out is obviously a big plus as last night showed. Maybe they get the minutes anyway (how could they not) but Baze on the bench in his supposedly dark place making 19 million would not be too great for the team. Personally I would paint my house with a lighter color with some of that 19 mil and it would be all warm and fuzzy for me.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2