• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bazemore was ready to leave the Hawks

Blunt91

• Moderators

I saw another part of the article where he had issues with the rookies getting playing time for development.  Saying the nba has changed and you used to have to earn your time.    I thought that was kind of bs.  You only had to earn your time on playoff teams.  The rebuilding concept and playing your future stars for development sake has been around for a few decades now.   

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I saw another part of the article where he had issues with the rookies getting playing time for development.  Saying the nba has changed and you used to have to earn your time.    I thought that was kind of bs.  You only had to earn your time on playoff teams.  The rebuilding concept and playing your future stars for development sake has been around for a few decades now.   

I keep telling y'all that players don't think like fans!  Players are playing to win not for draft picks.  That's why I worry about our current players.  Dennis thought the same thing...I think most players would say "Why would I waste my prime years playing on a loser"?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I keep telling y'all that players don't think like fans!  Players are playing to win not for draft picks.  That's why I worry about our current players.  Dennis thought the same thing...I think most players would say "Why would I waste my prime years playing on a loser"?

Good thing none of our young players are in their prime. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

I think John, Bembry and Parker are in their prime and Trae is entering his prime.  Len might be at his peak.

What is your definition of prime?

Mine is when a player is at their best mentally and physically. I dont think that applies to Trae or John.

Edited by marco102
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I think John, Bembry and Parker are in their prime and Trae is entering his prime.  Len might be at his peak.

I disagree. Bembry and Parker may be at their ceiling in terms of what they have to offer.

John hasn't developed his man strength, he's still developing his jump shot, expanding his game. Heck he's still deficient with basic defensive principles.

3 minutes ago, marco102 said:

What is your definition of prime?

Mine is when a player is at their best mentally and physically. I dont think that applies to Trae or John.

Agreed.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I disagree. Bembry and Parker may be at their ceiling in terms of what they have to offer.

John hasn't developed his man strength, he's still developing his jump shot, expanding his game. Heck he's still deficient with basic defensive principles.

Agreed.

John got better at defense last year.  He might not be any better than he was after the all star break.  Heck he might struggle to duplicate 19/9 shooting 58%

9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

John got better at defense last year.  He might not be any better than he was after the all star break.  Heck he might struggle to duplicate 19/9 shooting 58%

Just FYI, shooting percentage is a bad metric to measure a pleasure by.  Let's say John goes 19 and 9 again but his shooting percentage drops to 50% because he's taking 3 more threes a game and hitting them at a 40% clip.   The production is the same, but the shooting percentage dropped, but John hitting 40% of his three pointers makes him a more effective player. 

Just now, Peoriabird said:

If John starts to hit 40% of his 3's, he is a max player

I still don't know about that haha.  But I like the idea of him hitting 40% of his threes.

John will have to get better at a few more things for me to consider him a max player. 

1.  Defense

2. Creating his own shot 

3.  Creating for others

4.  Consistently rebound against length. 

To me that's what will make him a sure fire max player.  Actually, two out of the four will get him pretty close in my book. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I still don't know about that haha.  But I like the idea of him hitting 40% of his threes.

John will have to get better at a few more things for me to consider him a max player. 

1.  Defense

Y'all...His defense improved dramatically after the all star break last year

2. Creating his own shot 

John is great around the basket already

3.  Creating for others

There are plenty of max players like Horford

4.  Consistently rebound against length. 

9 round per game makes him a top 15 rebounder in the league

To me that's what will make him a sure fire max player.  Actually, two out of the four will get him pretty close in my book. 

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

1.  Small sample size.  Just cause he did it the last 20 games of the season doesn't mean it's consistent.  I want him to show good defense for the majority of this season and next. I'm aware of his blocks and steals going up the last 20 or some games of last season. I'm also aware his fouling rate went way up too.  Blocks and steals do not equate to good defense.

All of these things I said he needs to improve on to be considered a max player.  He clearly doesn't meet my definition of a max player right now as it stands.  There are only a few of those players in my book. A max player to me is a one to three option on a championship  caliber team.   Is John that right now?  To me, no, but to you he could be, but you don't see him improving and as it currently stands 2018/2019 John is not the third option on a Championship team.  Could he be? Most certainly, but I wouldn't doll out a max to him until he shows those qualities for this season and next. 

This is exactly why the Timberwolves have Wiggins on a max contract.  Do you think Wiggins is a max player by my definition above? 

Edited by marco102

Gaze is hilarious, plays good D, and I’ve always liked him. He’s just not good, it was time for him to go, glad he landed in a good spot. His next contract will shrink substantially.

ChA0kyfWMAQ-5UP.jpg

• Like 1

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Parker and Len kind of work against your theory that players in their prime won't come here since they both just elected to come here. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Parker and Len kind of work against your theory that players in their prime won't come here since they both just elected to come here. 

I don't understand and probably don't want to know what you're talking about.