Bazemore was ready to leave the Hawks

Blunt91

Found this on Hoopshype

These days, it is not uncommon to hear Bazemore speak freely about his mindset. He has become rejuvenated in Portland, both spiritually and professionally, so he often finds himself reflecting on his journey. Like his pursuit of that cloud, it was almost as if this journey called to him. Not long ago, he was in Atlanta, unhappily playing for the Hawks, stuck in what he calls “a dark place.” He was frustrated at work, was becoming disconnected from his family and he was bottling everything inside. Amid that turmoil, there was a voice, luring him like that cloud. It was his voice.

“I’m all about the law of attraction,” Bazemore said. “And I always said, ‘You need to get to Portland … you need to get to Portland … you need to get to Portland,’” Bazemore said. He said he provided Atlanta with a list of teams to where he would like to be traded. Portland was number one on that list. “And now,” Bazemore said, “here I am.”

Darkness doesn’t reveal depth, but Bazemore figures he was about to hit bottom in Atlanta. The joy and satisfaction he had playing for a Hawks team that won 60 games and advanced to the 2015 Eastern Conference finals had morphed into anger and frustration as the franchise embarked on a youth movement. With his body aching, his pride stinging and the losses mounting, Bazemore recoiled. “I just threw in the towel last season,” Bazemore said. “I removed myself from caring. I went from caring too much to not caring at all.”

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaceCase said:

I can understand him wanting out but why Portland specifically?  I'm gonna need someone to post more excerpts from the original article to help me understand why Baze needed Portland.

I believe he considers this area "home."

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Not how I remember, but I could be wrong.

He didn't go to Pierce and said he WANTED to come off the bench.

He just accepted it GRACEFULLY when Pierce told him the plan was to start Huerter.

I think it was the losing that affected most not coming off the bench

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

I believe he considers this area "home."

Why though? He's from a small town in NC, went to college in VA, early NBA years in GSW and LAL.

And don't begrudge him wantimg a winning situation vs a rebuilding effort where he is playing limited minutes going into the final year of his contract.

He plays well in Portland, he'll get a decent enough contract in offseason vs limited minutes on the Hawks.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why though? He's from a small town in NC, went to college in VA, early NBA years in GSW and LAL.

And don't begrudge him wantimg a winning situation vs a rebuilding effort where he is playing limited minutes going into the final year of his contract.

He plays well in Portland, he'll get a decent enough contract in offseason vs limited minutes on the Hawks.

His minutes will most likely be limited in Portland also

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

I think it was the losing that affected most not coming off the bench

I don't doubt that the losses bothered him. Bit he wasn't helping the winning effort to start the sesson. We were 19 games into the season when he went to the bench.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

His minutes will most likely be limited in Portland also

I think he gets enough backup minutes at SG behind McCullom and SF behind Rodney Hood.

Portland needs perimter defense, we all know Baze always 'looks good playing defense.:hehe:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

Found this on Hoopshype

These days, it is not uncommon to hear Bazemore speak freely about his mindset. He has become rejuvenated in Portland, both spiritually and professionally, so he often finds himself reflecting on his journey. Like his pursuit of that cloud, it was almost as if this journey called to him. Not long ago, he was in Atlanta, unhappily playing for the Hawks, stuck in what he calls “a dark place.” He was frustrated at work, was becoming disconnected from his family and he was bottling everything inside. Amid that turmoil, there was a voice, luring him like that cloud. It was his voice.

“I’m all about the law of attraction,” Bazemore said. “And I always said, ‘You need to get to Portland … you need to get to Portland … you need to get to Portland,’” Bazemore said. He said he provided Atlanta with a list of teams to where he would like to be traded. Portland was number one on that list. “And now,” Bazemore said, “here I am.”

Darkness doesn’t reveal depth, but Bazemore figures he was about to hit bottom in Atlanta. The joy and satisfaction he had playing for a Hawks team that won 60 games and advanced to the 2015 Eastern Conference finals had morphed into anger and frustration as the franchise embarked on a youth movement. With his body aching, his pride stinging and the losses mounting, Bazemore recoiled. “I just threw in the towel last season,” Bazemore said. “I removed myself from caring. I went from caring too much to not caring at all.”

Put this in italics and I would have sworn @Gray Mule wrote this. Straight out of a story book.

Oh, and @AHF can blame Bazemore for why his boy Evan Turner is in Atlanta now.

• Haha 3