• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Jabari Parker Conundrum

Wurider05

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I'm still waiting for the bus!

3 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

LMFAO at Pierce on Jabari's defense. Best thing he can say is that he "uses his voice" That sums it up. 

Classic!

• Moderators
On 11/27/2019 at 3:57 PM, Atlantaholic said:

LMFAO at Pierce on Jabari's defense. Best thing he can say is that he "uses his voice" That sums it up. 

Man blows by Jabari who barely moves but shouts out:  

"Noonan!!"

Watches his man lay the ball in and starts heading down the floor for some offense.

Pierce nods and claps his hands together a few times.

Pierce:  "Keep on using that voice JP!  We got the next one!"

(edit for Atlantaholic)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Man blows by Jabari who barely moves.

Jabari:  "Ah, sh*&!!  I'll make that up on the other end guys."

Pierce nods and claps his hands together a few times.

Pierce:  "Keep on using that voice JP!"

Mental picture I had was of those kids back in the day at the blacktop that instead of playing defense would yell when you took a shot. "using his voice on defense" SMH. I think we would all rather he use his body and hands :ahf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Moderators
Just now, Atlantaholic said:

Mental picture I had was of those kids back in the day at the blacktop that instead of playing defense would yell when you took a shot. "using his voice on defense" SMH. I think we would all rather he use his body and hands :ahf:

I like that better.  Changing my post.

Yeah, I'm done with Jabarme.

And furthermore, I think signing Jabarme was Schlenk accelerating the rebuild.

I get it, "But kg, if not for the injuries/suspension, Jabarme would be our 6th man, blah, blah .."

Well dam*it, we're not in a position to sign a 6th man.  Our 6th man should come from some GLeaguer or min player who grows into that role.

Signing Jabarme is a culture-killer because he's a low-e guy.  We need high energy, ultra-competitive guys who'll at-worst give effort on both ends.  Jabarme is not that guy.

How can we instill a culture of hard work and competitiveness when we're featuring a guy who plays defense like the out-of-shape guy at the Y.  You know him.  He's the guy who's gasssed by the 3rd trip down the court who, instead of getting back on D, stands at halfcourt faking a heart attack but makes a miraculous recovery when he sees you go 3-on-5i on defense but get the rebound.  "Hey guys, I'm open!"

I hope we trade him, sign some guy looking for an opportunity and resume building the right way.

i. Yeah it's 3-on-5 because another one-a your guys just plain sucks.

(C'mon, gimme 10 cool points for using a footnote.)

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am clearly higher on Jabari than kg01 is but he is the worst defensive player in the NBA. I hate that Trae gets that rep when I know Parker is his undoing 

I like him for what he is but 'what he is' shouldn't be on our roster.

16 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I like him for what he is but 'what he is' shouldn't be on our roster.

I disagree. The reason for that is, we aren't that far. We are really just a starting level center always from a playoff team in the east. We don't even have to address the backup PG position yet

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. The reason for that is, we aren't that far. We are really just a starting level center always from a playoff team in the east. We don't even have to address the backup PG position yet

That's true but, to me, that's limited thinking.  Making the playoffs ... in the east should be our floor.

To set our sights higher, we need to build on a culture of good habits which means a player like Jabarme is a piece you add via buyout as you progress towards the playoffs.  He's not a guy you build with and he's not a guy you want around for very long.

That's like signing Jamal Crawford to be a starter just because he can drop 50 in a game or 2.  Well yeah but, what's he doing the other 80 games?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, kg01 said:

we need to build on a culture of good habits which means a player like Jabarme is a piece you add via buyout as you progress towards the playoffs.  He's not a guy you build with and he's not a guy you want around for very long.

Get out of my head, Richard!!! (ways of working around the squawk cuss-o meter).. 😆 

THIS!!!! I don’t want Jabari, Evan Turner (how is a scrub like him actually giving advise to people and they not laughing in his face). Len, a big no talent there, Bembry,I just can’t seem to get on board with him. 

Ya we need to get some guys that aren’t dead 💀 weight. I’m sorry but let’s call a spade ♠️ a spade ♠️ this roster sucks a bit. 

Habits! Habits! Habits! Practice practice practice.. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's true but, to me, that's limited thinking.  Making the playoffs ... in the east should be our floor.

To set our sights higher, we need to build on a culture of good habits which means a player like Jabarme is a piece you add via buyout as you progress towards the playoffs.  He's not a guy you build with and he's not a guy you want around for very long.

That's like signing Jamal Crawford to be a starter just because he can drop 50 in a game or 2.  Well yeah but, what's he doing the other 80 games?

I see your point but Lou or Jamal was useful in a specific role even for a contender. Parker is more tough to fit at PF, defense is so much more of importance than at SG but I am indifferent is all. I do see your point and it makes a lot of sense

• Like 1