6 hours ago, hawkzlova123 said:

What do you guys reckon about this lineup:

Trae

Huerter

Parker

Collins

Jones 

As a starting lineup??? No, No, No. That defense 🤢

Parker is not a SF.  He was ineffective playing SF for the Bulls that's why he struggled there. After Wiz trade, they had him playing PF just like we are , thst's where he excelled.

• Like 4

Believe we will have to get past these injuries, the suspension and the All Star break before TS remotely considers moving Parker. If we make a run, he would obviously be a big part of the offense. Has been a great target for Trae and without much acclimation at all as opposed to some others. 48 minutes of JC and Parker at PF is very hard to beat on the offensive end. Not really gonna count minutes elsewhere with this view.

• Like 3

On 11/15/2019 at 8:24 AM, Wurider05 said:

Jabari Parker   PPG--18.4   RPG-- 6.1    APG--1.5    BPG--0.6   FG: 55% 

What do we do with this guy?  He is balling out right now and dunking without impunity. He is playing solid D. There is no concern about his athletic ability, his bounce or his mobility. He is on a 2 year contract with a player option for the 2nd year.  We are going to have the money to pay him or trade him somewhere where they will sign him long term. If we keep him he has to start. Does that mean John is the center or do we move John.? I keep forgetting that Jabari is only 24 years old. This is one hell of a problem to have as I didn't realize how good he is. I have no doubt that he will maintain this level of play and he may be averaging 22+ by the time John comes back. 

How do you all see this playing out? 

Worst/best case if Jabari needs to start that's what the small forward position is for. I know he's been great as a power forward but he's versatile. Trae, Hunter or Huerter with Jabari, John & Damian would be great lob targets for Trae as well as threats all around the floor on offense & defense.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, sillent said:

Worst/best case if Jabari needs to start that's what the small forward position is for. I know he's been great as a power forward but he's versatile. Trae, Hunter or Huerter with Jabari, John & Damian would be great lob targets for Trae as well as threats all around the floor on offense & defense.

He doesn't NEED to start.

Like I noted previously, he was horrible at SF in Chicago, he excelled at PF with Wiz and you see it here with us.

Asking him to guard the plethora of wing players in the NBA will be a disaster.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 11/15/2019 at 9:04 AM, NBASupes said:

Jabari is not that good. He is like Harrell, just better offensively and worse on defense. 

I see Parker as the PF verison of Lou Williams and Jamal Crawford.

Whatever Harrell gets from LAC is likely what Parker will get. 4/40-4/45 mostly likely

On 11/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, bleachkit said:

He'll probably get more than that. It only takes one team to bite.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:01 AM, BudBall said:

I agree, I see him getting 16-20 mil per year, 4 yr 40 mill would be a steal. Hell, Taurean freaking Prince just got 14.5 mil per year.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:19 AM, bleachkit said:

Yes if he keeps this up, 15 per will be the minimum, and as high as 20 per. Teams are not handing out the 4 or 5 years deals as readily anymore though. I would offer 2 years at 30 million and try to negotiate from there.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, Atlantaholic said:

It all depends on his market price... if it's reasonable then yes, we should absolutely keep him. More than likely he will get offered something in the 17-20 million dollar a year range, and we have enough cap-space to be able to offer something along that range, the key for us is if we can keep him by offering no more than a 3 year deal. After three years we are gonna have to start paying Trae the max, and our cap-situation will not be good. If I had to put a number on the odds of Jabari being a Hawk past this season, it would be something like 30-35%.

You guys still think a team is going to pay him $15-$20 million to start??? 

On 11/16/2019 at 12:20 AM, NBASupes said:

He is going to cost way less than many of you guys are hyping him up to cost. He looks like the same Jabari I saw in DC last season. Just playing with Trae who sets up everyone with cookies. 

Yep, I think so too.

48 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You guys still think a team is going to pay him $15-$20 million to start??? 

Yep, I think so too.

He is just awful on defense and off the ball on offense, he isn't much either. He is a scorer, an elite one at that. That's worth about 8-10 million at best. He raised his value but not that much. No one will see him as a starter anywhere.

• Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, NBASupes said:

He is just awful on defense and off the ball on offense, he isn't much either. He is a scorer, an elite one at that. That's worth about 8-10 million at best. He raised his value but not that much. No one will see him as a starter anywhere.

Collins getting injured was the worst thing that could have happened for his FA price.  Had he gone all year like he started it, he could have fooled a team into thinking they could get that same spark in a starting role.  He has been exposed having to fill in for JC.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

Collins getting injured was the worst thing that could have happened for his FA price.  Had he gone all year like he started it, he could have fooled a team into thinking they could get that same spark in a starting role.  He has been exposed having to fill in for JC.

I can't help but agree even if he is Myles Turner and Sabonis tier. He is critical for Trae.