• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Free Bruno damnit!

NBASupes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Hmm.  not sure about that.  Bruno is in the second tier of hawks in terms of defensive rebounds per36.  collins, len, parker and then everyone else.   Bruno is right there with Bembry.  

But he is better than Jones.  Not sure why Jones isn't a better rebounder.

• Like 2

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Hmm.  not sure about that.  Bruno is in the second tier of hawks in terms of defensive rebounds per36.  collins, len, parker and then everyone else.   Bruno is right there with Bembry.  

That is very fair.

TRB%

JC 15.2%

Len 14.8%

Bruno 12.6%

Parker 12.5% 

Jones 11.6%

Bembry 9.9%

LP is missing a golden opportunity to play Bruno at the 4, so that the Hawks can stay somewhat big at all times.  Until Collins comes back, he should be the 2nd PF and the 3rd C, which means that he should be playing about 15 - 20 minutes a game.   The team is far and away a better rebounding and defensive team with him in the game, simply because he's the one big on the team that constantly runs out at open 3 point shooters.

And he has an offensive skill set that's not being tapped into, especially as a playmaker in the high post.

But LP loves Vince at the 4, so he's the "big man" he chooses to play at the PF spot.

I hate to rag on Vince, because he's always been one of my favorite players.  But if he can't be effective at his natural position, he shouldn't be forced to play out of position.  It's making him look a lot worse.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Because Jones can't laterally move well.  He can jump vertically out the gym.  But his side to side movement is very poor.  He also reacts slowly to loose balls. ( pause )

Bruno is the 2nd best moving big man we have defensively, next to Collins.  

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

That excerpt on Bruno just pisses me off even more, like no one else on the team has struggled even more than he has, and they've been in the league longer.

Bruno also sees Hunter and Reddish get every opportunity to play through their struggles out on the court, while Bruno can't even make one bad pass before coming out of the game after 3 minutes, despite the team overall still playing well.

Sitting on the bench is literally sucking the life out of him.

Send that dude to College Park ASAP, if. LP isn't going to play him. Let that dude just play ball, whether it's in front of 16,000 fans, or 160.

Sign a bunch of stiffs at C on 10 day contracts, and send Bruno to the G-League. 

Maybe he can help College Park win a G-League title, and get picked up by some other team that will utilize his entire skill set.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

That excerpt on Bruno just pisses me off even more, like no one else on the team has struggled even more than he has, and they've been in the league longer.

Bruno also sees Hunter and Reddish get every opportunity to play through their struggles out on the court, while Bruno can't even make one bad pass before coming out of the game after 3 minutes, despite the team overall still playing well.

Sitting on the bench is literally sucking the life out of him.

Send that dude to College Park ASAP, if. LP isn't going to play him. Let that dude just play ball, whether it's in front of 16,000 fans, or 160.

Sign a bunch of stiffs at C on 10 day contracts, and send Bruno to the G-League. 

Maybe he can help College Park win a G-League title, and get picked up by some other team that will utilize his entire skill set.

I'm all for seeing Bruno play more but it's not like there aren't reasons.  Cam and Hunter are above average defenders and Bruno has looked lost a lot.   He's also 6'9" Center.  He's not better, right now, than the guys playing in front of him.  Cam and Hunter are the best options at their positions.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm all for seeing Bruno play more but it's not like there aren't reasons.  Cam and Hunter are above average defenders and Bruno has looked lost a lot.   He's also 6'9" Center.  He's not better, right now, than the guys playing in front of him.  Cam and Hunter are the best options at their positions.

NorthCyde raises a good question for why he can't play some PF when his agility is pretty good for his size.  With Collins out, we are forcing some non-PFs to play minutes there.  Why can't Bruno get more of those to go with his center minutes?  

I'd like to see it (and I know you would too).  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, AHF said:

NorthCyde raises a good question for why he can't play some PF when his agility is pretty good for his size.  With Collins out, we are forcing some non-PFs to play minutes there.  Why can't Bruno get more of those to go with his center minutes?  

I'd like to see it (and I know you would too).  

I’d give it a shot. I mean even if he’s a tad slower on the defensive end, he presents issues for the opposition on the offensive end, there’s that.

• Like 1

Thought Bruno would get twenty plus minutes after the All Star break at center before the season but as is if a more narrow role backing up PF gives him minutes then believe it reduces the negatives somewhat. If nothing else he likes to and is pretty good at finding open cats whether they brick the shot or not...or do definitely brick the shot to this point. He is physically big enough for that role at least.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Seems like the Lakers are about the only team that have gone big against us.  We are playing a lot of small ball with essentially 3 wings and the opposition does too.  That maybe some of the reason Bruno isn't getting in but i don't know.   I do think shrinking the rotation is a good thing but since it hasn't equaled wins i can see the argument of 'what's the point'.  

• Like 3