Atlanta = Loserville. Why us ?

Gray Mule

PRO SPORTS IN ATLANTA:

WNBA Atlanta Dream.  They had a terrible, losing season

Atlanta Braves.  They teased us, then promptly fell apart in the playoffs.

Atlanta Falcons.  Terrible 1-7 start.  Then, two great games.  Next game, a real stinker.  No red zone offense.

Then, here are the Hawks.  They play a very good first half last night.  Then, come the second half and they stink.  We know that they have two very important players missing.  Collins and Huerter can't be replaced but, come on man, some other Hawks need to step up.

If this Hawk team isn't the worst defensive team in the NBA, they come close.  Can't seem to figure out how to stop other teams from scoring, inside or out.  Rebounding has become somewhat of a joke.

Players that can't or will not play defense must be really great on the offensive end.  Yet, there are times when the Hawks can't stop the opponent or they can't score at all.  

Atlanta = Loserville.  Why us?  Four out of four.  All bad.

:ahf:

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

• Moderators

The Hawks are on the up and up although we are 4-5 seasons away...

The Braves are close too.

Falcons were poorly constructed and that's on management.  The coaching staff is on TD as well. He completely ignores building a defense and then acts like he can just hire a defensive-minded HC and all will be well.

Atlanta United gave us a championship, but it is soccer...  Lest not forget UGA either. They've given us some hope too.

22 minutes ago, Duff_Man said:

Just ignoring Atlanta united?

Don't follow soccer - Don't really understand it - And the same with that ice skating game.

Guess that's why I ignored it.  At least, they don't have tons of fans from somewhere else following "their" team.

🙂

• Like 1

I don't think the Hawks are that bad given the circumstances. 

Braves disappointed but I wasn't expecting much.

United really disappointed. I wanted more from Pity and the boys.

I hate Matt Ryan so whenever the Falcons lose, they get closer to landing his replacement which is a win in my book.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks were the worst team in the NBA by mid December. It wouldn't surprise me if they won a couple games and really shocked people. It's hard to win with two rookies starting and two defensive sieves and one PG who thinks he is Zeke/Nash/Lillard then goes full Stephon Marbury during games. Also hard to win when your bench is purely trash and you have the worst center unit since Cleveland in LeBron first season back before the Mosgov trade.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Sothron said:

This is the life of an Atlanta sports fan. Constant disappointment and heartbreak. GM, you forgot to mention how our NHL team was stolen because our previous idiot ownership refused to keep the team here.

The Hawks are coming up but it will be painful. Our two prized rookies have been disappointments to put it mildly so far. Young can't do it all by himself. Losing Collins to a stupid suspension for 25 games was a nail in the coffin for this season. We don't have the talent and experience to make up for losing a 20/10 All Star level big man for a third of the season. 

Toss in Red Velvet's two injuries this season and it is a recipe for long losing streaks. Our team does not play defense at all and Pierce seems fine with that.

Disagree with the bolded.  Agree with the rest.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Actual game results back my statement up. 

Not necessarily.

If Reddish locks down his guy, makes multiple efforts then Parker farts in the general direction of his man who ultimately scores, 2 points go on the board but it doesn't necessarily mean we played bad defense and CLP was ok with it.

All I'm saying is it's a more nuanced discussion than you're making it out to be.

Don't tell me you're one-a those with the, "Aw we shoulda drafted Tyler Herro and he'd be averagin' 30's and we shoulda took that Nunn guy and he'd be averagin' 40 and we shoulda signed Christian Wood and he'd be averagin' 20 'n 10 .. that's 90 points right there, add it to Trae's 30 and we'd have the best offense in the league ..."

C'mon, saphron, you're better than that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators

I get where Soth is coming from.

Hunter:  8.8 PER, slightly to materially negative WS, BPM, VORP

Cam: 4.4 PER, .391% TS%, materially negative WS, BPM, VORP

Rankings among rookies:  

Hunter #31 in WS/48, #30 BPM, #40 VORP

Cam #36 in WS/48, #33 BPM, #41 VORP

For me the defense has met expectations.  Their offensive games haven't impressed overall; just shown out well during their best games.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Not necessarily.

If Reddish locks down his guy, makes multiple efforts then Parker farts in the general direction of his man who ultimately scores, 2 points go on the board but it doesn't necessarily mean we played bad defense and CLP was ok with it.

All I'm saying is it's a more nuanced discussion than you're making it out to be.

Don't tell me you're one-a those with the, "Aw we shoulda drafted Tyler Herro and he'd be averagin' 30's and we shoulda took that Nunn guy and he'd be averagin' 40 and we shoulda signed Christian Wood and he'd be averagin' 20 'n 10 .. that's 90 points right there, add it to Trae's 30 and we'd have the best offense in the league ..."

C'mon, saphron, you're better than that.

Considering I didn't say any of that, any other strawmen you'd like to introduce? 

Hunter and Cam have been disappointments. Hunter especially as an old ass rookie who was supposed to be NBA ready. I hate old ass rookies in any sport. When they don't even contribute and are being outplayed by virtually the entire rookie class what else is there to say?

12 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Considering I didn't say any of that, any other strawmen you'd like to introduce? 

Hunter and Cam have been disappointments. Hunter especially as an old ass rookie who was supposed to be NBA ready. I hate old ass rookies in any sport. When they don't even contribute and are being outplayed by virtually the entire rookie class what else is there to say?

Oh don't get all in a huff, saphron.  I don't disagree with you much.  I told anyone who'd listen that I didn't want Hunter and I too dislike old rookies.

I'm just tryna hold on here, soth.  Have you seen my Jackets play ... anything lately?  I gotta find a way to stay positive, mayne.  The Hawks were my last hope so I'm tryna stay positive.  Can I have the Hawks, soth?!

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Oh don't get all in a huff, saphron.  I don't disagree with you much.  I told anyone who'd listen that I didn't want Hunter and I too dislike old rookies.

I'm just tryna hold on here, soth.  Have you seen my Jackets play ... anything lately?  I gotta find a way to stay positive, mayne.  The Hawks were my last hope so I'm tryna stay positive.  Can I have the Hawks, soth?!

I got you bro. You can have the Hawks. We still got Young and JC. Cam and Hunter can still develop into good players. You can't ever judge a player's career just on their rookie season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I got you bro. You can have the Hawks. We still got Young and JC. Cam and Hunter can still develop into good players. You can't ever judge a player's career just on their rookie season.

Ahhh, this is like a warm blanket on a cold, rainy day.

Bro, we lost to freaking Arkansas at home on a wild-a** banked-in 3 in OT after neither team scored for the first 4 and a half minutes of the 5-min overtime.  smdh

In football, we got shut out for the first time since the 90's.

I need the Hawks like the desert need the rain, mayne.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ahhh, this is like a warm blanket on a cold, rainy day.

Bro, we lost to freaking Arkansas at home on a wild-a** banked-in 3 in OT after neither team scored for the first 4 and a half minutes of the 5-min overtime.  smdh

In football, we got shut out for the first time since the 90's.

I need the Hawks like the desert need the rain, mayne.

I don't talk about them enough but I root for all teams and players from the state of Georgia. So yes, I root for the yellowjackets as well as the bulldogs. I wish GT basketball could get back to the glory days of Lethal Weapon 3.