• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rookie Evaluation from an NBA Efficiency standpoint

TheNorthCydeRises

8 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Let's hope he can do this and more

Baby steps.

I'll consistently take 5 - 12 FG . . 2 - 6 3FG from him at this point in his career.  Kill the dud games, and just give me Marvin Williams like consistency, even if he doesn't play at a very high level.

That'll be much better than what the vets are giving us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Baby steps.

I'll consistently take 5 - 12 FG . . 2 - 6 3FG from him at this point in his career.  Kill the dud games, and just give me Marvin Williams like consistency, even if he doesn't play at a very high level.

His defense gives him such a high fail mark that we just didn't have last year at this time with Trae. I will just continue to watch and see. No expectations, just want to see improvements

• Like 2

On 11/28/2019 at 10:17 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

LOL . . we got ran off the table in Spades, so I have a little time.

Just going to NBA.com, and looking at Bruno's assists, you can see what he does as a facilitator.   3 point makes are in Bold.  And-1s are in Bold

• Does a handoff to Trae at the 3 point line, while simultaneously setting a screen.  Trae gets fouled on a 3 in which he makes.
  • Receives a pass from Trae at the FT line, and hits a cutting Jabari down at the rim for a contested layup.

• Gets the ball at the left side of the top of the key, drives toward the basket, spins back to his right and hits Jabari for an open 3
  • Trae dribbles left side into a double team and forces up a shot, Bruno gets an offensive rebound while tapping the ball to Jabari for a dunk

• Bruno passes to Huerter on a ball rotation to the left side. Huerter goes across the 3 point line, uses the Bruno pick, and scores on a little floater in the lane
  • Bruno receives a pass out on the right side of the 3 point line. Bembry goes to the corner, Bruno passes to him. Bembry drives pass Ben Simmons for a layup

• Bruno receives a pass from Cam at the right side of the 3 point line. Trae goes right, then goes left behind Bruno, where he receives the handoff.  Bruno once again screens Trae's man as he's handing the ball off.  Trae hits a 3
  • Bruno receives the ball at the top of the key and dribbles left.  Hands the ball off to Wallace, who is cutting behind Bruno.  Bruno sets just enough of a screen to enable Wallace to drive to the basket for a layup

• Another handoff play involving Bruno, this time with Hunter.  Receives the ball at the 3 point line. Hunter fakes going left of Bruno, then goes back right.  Bruno hands off, sets a screen, and Hunter hits a long 2
  • Bruno grabs an offensive rebound and fires the ball out to Evan Turner at the 3 point line.  Turner drives into the paint, where JaMychal Green bumps him. Turner knocks down the pull up for an And-1

• Bruno receives a pass about 35 feet from the basket with 7 seconds left on the shot clock.  He takes 1 dribble and passes the ball to Bembry on the right side as Crabbe draws a defender cutting to the basket.  Bembry immediately attacks and catches the defender out of position, and makes a tough reverse layup on Montrezl Harrell
  • Bruno receives the ball from Bembry just outside the free throw line.  Off the ball, Trae runs to the right side of Bruno, then cuts to the left of him where Bruno hands the ball off to him.  Bruno hands off to Trae and screens his man.  Trae hits a running floater at the FT line

• A pattern is emerging.  Bruno receives a pass from Carter out on the left side of the 3 point line.  Crabbe goes behind Bruno and receives the handoff.  Bruno screens Crabbe's man.  This give Crabbe enough room to make a tough 3 pointer.
  • Bruno receives a behind the back pass from Turner in the lane, and Bruno is in position to do a post move to score on Robin Lopez.  Divencinzo(sp) tips the ball a little and Bruno loses the handle a bit.  Drawing 3 defenders, Bruno then kicks it out to Vince at the 3 point line, who fakes a pass to a wide open Hunter at the top of the 3 point line, and take a 3 himself and nails it

• Crabbe, who is about 35 feet away from the basket, fires a pass to Bruno on the right side.  Bruno takes 1 dribble and patiently waits for a cutting Crabbe to be in position to receive a perfect bounce pass from him. Crabbe floats in a layup over Siakam.
  • Turner dribbles at the FT line and sees a cutting Bruno in position to score at the rim. Once Bruno catches it though, he's doubled . Without any hesitation, he fires the ball to Hunter who is open at the time. Hunter catches a makes a 3 with a man running at him.

• Trae drives hard to the basket on the right side, and dishes to Bruno, who is briefly available for a score. As Bruno catches the ball, he is doubled.  He sees Parker casually drifting toward the basket, and give it to Jabari. Jabari, being the scorer that he is, does what Bruno didn't do, and forces it up over the big men, scores the basket, and gets an And-1.
  • Bruno strips the Minnesota ball handler after they've grabbed an offensive rebound.  Trae immediately goes to the corner.  Bruno finds him.  Easy 3 pointer by Trae.

• Bruno catches the ball at the top of the 3 point line, takes a few dribbles, and wants to hand the ball off to Jabari.  Giannis is aggressively trying to stay between Bruno and Jabari, but decides to pressure Bruno. Bruno calmly does an underhanded pass to Jabari on the right side, and he nails a 3.
  • Bruno gets the ball on the left side of the 3 point line, and waits for Jabari to come off of a screen on the right side.  He passes to Jabari.  Jabari makes an incredibly tough turnaround jumper from about 15 feet.

He has 20 assists on the season, with 8 of those assists being 3 point makes, simply because the guy knows how and when to get the ball to the shooter, and can set a screen on the shooter's man at the same time.   A big reason why the Hawks are only -8 total with Bruno on the floor, is because the offense just flows better when he's in the game, and the defense is normally not in complete collapse mode.

When your other bigs are ( -112 ) for Len . . and ( -99 ) for Jones, the coach almost HAS to give Bruno more minutes, preferably with our best players.  His entire skill set is not being utilized by this coaching staff.  If that means that you start all 3 rookies, so be it.  They're probably 3 of our top 5 defenders anyway.

Just because Jones can catch a Trae lob, doesn't mean that he's better for trae in the offense.

This is just great stuff right here! At this point I don’t understand why Bruno just isn’t starting. 

• Like 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Baby steps.

I think he will always be more volatile than Marvin on offense and that isn’t bad.  He can remain inconsistent but still raise the baseline like you describe.

• Like 2

I still believe 8-9 threes a game and maybe more is the best previously expected Cam but if Cam continues finishing like he did v. Brooklyn a habit, that's a player I wasn't expecting at all this season under any circumstances 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, NBASupes said:

I still believe 8-9 threes a game and maybe more is the best previously expected Cam but if Cam continues finishing like he did v. Brooklyn a habit, that's a player I wasn't expecting at all this season under any circumstances 

Which is why I like LP because all of our rookies and young players have been ahead of schedule as far as performance is concerned IMO

• Like 3

• Premium Member
On 12/6/2019 at 4:33 AM, JTB said:

This is just great stuff right here! At this point I don’t understand why Bruno just isn’t starting. 

I believe the Hawks want to get Damion Jones up to speed (edited: rather than up to speed, should say evaluated) don't forget he is a young guy too.  I think TS may have more impact on that decision than Lloyd.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 12/6/2019 at 9:08 AM, NBASupes said:

There is no reason Cam can't at least finish at the rim even when his shot isn't going from 3.  And if it isn't going from 3 nothing wrong with taking an open midrange shot to get yourself going instead of driving to the rim with nothing there and getting stuffed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 years later...