• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The joker 🃏 and cube 🧊

Spud2nique

The mother of mother trades. We combine the best passing guard in the league with the best center. 

LOOK.. 👀 I JUST FLIPPED A SWITCH! 😬 @NBASupes @JayBirdHawk @kg01

NUGGETS GET : HUNTER + HUERTER + CRABBE + 2 First round picks (Nets 2020 1st rounder top 14 protected (currently at 18)+ 2021 Hawks (own pick top 10 protected, if not slides to 2022 top 5 protected)

HAWKS GET: NIKOLA JOKIC + MONTE MORRIS

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=vweqr9b

Brian Windhorst 💨 also asks..what’s wrong with Nikola? 🧐 

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/holidayhoops28268453/wrong-nikola-jokic-denver-nuggets-need-more-all-star-center

Hawks post trade lineup:

pg- 🧊 

sg- Cam

sf- Bembry

pf- Collins

c- Jokic

ps I tried sliding Collins in to give the Nuggets a big man to rebuild it with but ESPN trade machine doesn’t allow me to deal Collins otherwise I’m going with a package of Collins/Hunter instead of Hunter/Huerter.

@Sothron would 💃 in the streets with only Hawk and 🐺 gear on...takes one team out! 2 🐦 ☝️ stone! 

🤝 do we have a deal?

• Premium Member

There's no way Denver trades him. I think Jokic's struggles are two things:

Weight gain

Exhaustion from a deep playoff run last season + Serbia summer play = no rest for him in the offseason

I love Joker but he is not exempt from criticism. I wonder if we sometimes expect too much for every athlete to be as conditioned as Lebron out there. A true big man like Jokic is never going to be shredded and with cardio for days like a wing or guard player. That being said he clearly is playing at the heaviest weight I can remember from him.

He did not get any rest in the offseason and I wonder if his infamous bad eating habits he had as a teen and younger 20's came back. I'm wondering if he is tired through all that extra game time that he came home and would eat foods he shouldn't.

You know how you can tell he has extended fatigue? Look at his arms and body language when he's shooting three's or going up and down the court. He looks gassed out there way earlier than he should be. It is possible he's hiding or is unaware of some kind of injury. But my guess is he's just too much out of shape and needs a change in his eating habtis and workout regime to drop the extra weight. He's shooting a career low 3pt percentage because his arms look like they are trembling at times going up in the shooting motion and he's getting nothing in terms of lift from his knees. I know he's not a real jump shooter but he still would get a little jump in there. This season it is mostly flat footed just throw it up there. 

If I was their coach I would have already had a come to Jesus moment with him about his eating habits and workout. Hell if he needs a week on IR to just rest and get into better shape it would pay off come playoff time.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

There's no way Denver trades him. I think Jokic's struggles are two things:

Weight gain

Exhaustion from a deep playoff run last season + Serbia summer play = no rest for him in the offseason

I love Joker but he is not exempt from criticism. I wonder if we sometimes expect too much for every athlete to be as conditioned as Lebron out there. A true big man like Jokic is never going to be shredded and with cardio for days like a wing or guard player. That being said he clearly is playing at the heaviest weight I can remember from him.

He did not get any rest in the offseason and I wonder if his infamous bad eating habits he had as a teen and younger 20's came back. I'm wondering if he is tired through all that extra game time that he came home and would eat foods he shouldn't.

You know how you can tell he has extended fatigue? Look at his arms and body language when he's shooting three's or going up and down the court. He looks gassed out there way earlier than he should be. It is possible he's hiding or is unaware of some kind of injury. But my guess is he's just too much out of shape and needs a change in his eating habtis and workout regime to drop the extra weight. He's shooting a career low 3pt percentage because his arms look like they are trembling at times going up in the shooting motion and he's getting nothing in terms of lift from his knees. I know he's not a real jump shooter but he still would get a little jump in there. This season it is mostly flat footed just throw it up there. 

If I was their coach I would have already had a come to Jesus moment with him about his eating habits and workout. Hell if he needs a week on IR to just rest and get into better shape it would pay off come playoff time.

This, all this.

I hope he doesn't have the I got paid contract and suddenly not care.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I don't want fat-a** so it's a hard pass for me.  Dude is regressing already and appears to be in great shape at all times.  As I've said often, "round" is a shape so my assessment checks out.

I dunno man he has vision like no other big since Arvydas. He needs to shake up tho for sure as Sothron mentioned.

Teaming Trae and Joke is a dream scenario for me. 

My #1 is still Trae+Giannis

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

Trae and Joker would be absolutely incredible to watch. Two of the best pure passers in the game would feed off each other so much.

Ya I guess people don’t love it as much as I thought they might. All this worrying about Joke isn’t much. He’s gonna be fine.

• Like 1

If fat-a** is your team's best player, there's a cap on how good you can be.  Any time you have to coax your "best player" to be aggressive, that's a terrible thing.

I don't care how many fancy passes he does, he's a liability on defense, is a reluctant scorer, appears completely joyless on the court, and has the body of a longhaul trucker fueled by all-you-can-eat donut holes.  There's only a matter of time before he starts breaking down physically.

But I'm not still bitter about him trying to decapitate Heurter's arm.  Yeah, I said decapitate.  Sue me?

(ETA: And just so it's clear, I'm probably about 70% serious in this post.  I'm really kinda just tryna make saphron get mad again.)

Edited by kg01
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

Jokic is not a negative on defense. This year the Nuggets are still better with him on the court versus off. The only thing that's down for him on defense this year is blocks and steals but his positional defense is still there. 

Once he gets his weight down and gets some cardio to have some air out there he'll be back to normal Joker levels.

42 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Ah well, it's official.  I'm too low-brow for saphron's time now.  I think kung fu hillbilly tipped the scale. 😔

I don’t think Jokic is a player that needs to be in tip top shape to make a difference. He works well with the fat he’s been given. He was born with a dad bod and has lived with one all his life. Obviously it’s his skill that counts. 

Forgot the PED’s let’s give the future Stanley Miller (Roberts and Oliver 😉) a baker’s dozen cupcakes (not KD) and just let the kid be a kid and live life. If you are able to eat like Babe Ruth and perform like him, have at it Haas! Is that David Hassle? Speaking of which I went to Wendy’s for the first time in 3 years last night and I thought of that Haas video from like a while back when he was drunk 🥴 and in the floor talkin about Wendy’s ... I digress.

Trae+Giannis

Trae+ Jokic

Trae+ ANYONE 

Collins... after tonight 4 games until he returns.

Btw They were speaking earlier in NBA radio regarding bringing a franchise back to Seattle. If it’s between Seattle, Vegas and Mexico City I’m voting Seattle. I’ve said this before but if I had a 2nd fav team or picked up ball like 10 years later my Hawks fan pick may have been the homeboy Gary Payton, the Reign man, the best German to ever play in Schrempf (ok 2nd Nowinski). Seattle deserves a franchise back there.

Mexico City 2nd..wait why not San Diego? I mean..Cage and the Clipps were there... 

3rd Vegas. It would be dirty. I’ll leave it at that. I’m against the Raiders heading there also. It’s like LA, they can’t handle 2 NFL’s and don’t deserve them frankly. I hate big cities having multiple teams. NY, LA mainly. Well technically it’s Brooklyn vs NY.

I would say split the LA teams but Kawhi just got there and I’m hoping he beats Lebron and the Warriors for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:08 PM, kg01 said:

I don't want fat-a** so it's a hard pass for me.  Dude is regressing already and appears to be in great shape at all times.  As I've said often, "round" is a shape so my assessment checks out.

I blame this on you. 

🧊 + 🍳 = success

Dude dropped a career best 48 on us tonight broh! 🤦‍♀️ 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

I blame this on you. 

🧊 + 🍳 = success

Dude dropped a career best 48 on us tonight broh! 🤦‍♀️ 

He hit a bunch of wide open threes we begged him to take and shoved people out of the way on his way to the rim.  I've totally tired of him.   

• Like 2