• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dragan Bender on the open market (again)... shall we pounce?

sturt

• Premium Member

For starters, I don't know why Graham wasn't already released.

For seconders, I'll take an as-yet-unaccomplished 22 year-old former top-5 draft pick wing over an as-yet-unaccomplished 26 year-old non-draftee wing every day every week. (Yes, he's 7-0, but Bender is a wing.)

For thirders, I hold it against Bender that he didn't stick in PHX, but it's hardly a disgrace to not get any playing time in MIL these days. And apparently, there is some enthusiasm in MIL, actually, to get him back.

• Premium Member

We can make the case all day for why practically any 14th, 15th or 2-way player shouldn't be on any team's roster--that's kinda inherent with that status. There are holes in their game. They haven't yet measured up, or they're over the hill.

Waiting... still... for someone to make the case why Graham is preferable.

Speaking to no one in particular, I don't think you can.

More curiouser, based on the speciousness of the reasons given for protest, I'm not thinking it's even been attempted.

14 minutes ago, sturt said:

We can make the case all day for why practically any 14th, 15th or 2-way player shouldn't be on any team's roster--that's kinda inherent with that status. There are holes in their game. They haven't yet measured up, or they're over the hill.

More curiouser, based on the speciousness of the reasons given for protest, I'm not thinking it's even been attempted.

Well, I wouldn't make a case for Graham.  I'd make a case to see if we could get in on the Marvin Williams/MKG sweepstakes and get someone that can actually help the team this season.

• Premium Member

What sweepstakes?

MIL decided Marvin can help them in the playoffs. They dropped the developmental player occupying that forward slot on their roster as a result, and signed Marvelous Marvin.

Done.

And I repeat, 14th and 15th players on any team's roster have deficiencies by definition. It'd be delirium to think Schlenk will find someone who will vault into the rotation, let alone help this season.

45 minutes ago, sturt said:

Did you skip over the first reply? Graham is a healthy wing which is something we’re dangerously low on. We also just acquired a young 4 that has shown as much or more in the NBA. Those are pretty good reasons not to bother with him.

• Like 1